Local cops use Predator drone to arrest ND family

Any difference in a Predator drone and a surveillance helicopter or a satellite?
If just a Sheriffs helicopter was used to investigate this "Six Cow Caper" wouldn't you be upset? Don't you think an expensive resource like that could be used for better purposes?

If a Helicopter would be overkill then what would you call a Predator Drone? :confused:

I've updated my OP but you might not check it out again. So I'll update back to your post.

Wait till you see what this Sheriff did.

Armed with a search warrant, Nelson County Sheriff Kelly Janke went looking for six missing cows on the Brossart family farm in the early evening of June 23. Three men brandishing rifles chased him off, he said.

Janke knew the gunmen could be anywhere on the 3,000-acre spread in eastern North Dakota.

Fearful of an armed standoff, he called in reinforcements from the state Highway Patrol, a regional SWAT team, a bomb squad, ambulances and deputy sheriffs from three other counties.

He also called in a Predator B drone.

For $6000. worth of cows.

Last edited:
Something else about the domestic drones that I just thought of and really should be taken seriously. Many hold the view that Iran may have brought down our drone by electronic jamming or hijacking. Maybe, maybe not but even if Iran couldn't do it then Anonymous can. If you don't like this the hackers just might save you from them.

Something stinks with this Sheriff. Going onto a 3,000 acre property by himself to go look for 6 cows is beyond bizarre.

ETA: I'm generally ok with appropriate law enforcement. But there's something missing here. I couldn't even imagine one person looking for 6 cows on just one section. So something is amiss.

Last edited:
Something stinks with this Sheriff. Going onto a 3,000 acre property by himself to go look for 6 cows is beyond bizarre.

It's North Dakota, it's not like they have a "hood". Cows, hicks and nuclear missiles, not much else.

It's North Dakota, it's not like they have a "hood". Cows, hicks and nuclear missiles, not much else.

:lol:

I'm just north across the border and we like our lands full of wildlife and not people. Our fashion statement is Realtree.

3,000 acres is just shy of 5 square miles though and that's a lot of ground to cover.

I want to find out more about this Sheriff and this saga tomorrow.

Forum List

Back