Liz Cheney would 'find it very difficult' to support DeSantis because of Trump similarities

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
For all those who suggested that the whole Cheney leading the 1/6 Committee was virtuous and benevolent, she just sunk that narrative.

Of course, as many already suspect, this is about the Neo-Cons wanting to control the GOP again. These are the same people who hated the outsider Reagan who eventually became the most popular Conservative president in history and probably paved the way for George H W Bushes WH win.

Rep. Liz Cheney, R-Wyo., wouldn't commit to throwing her weight behind Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis if he were the GOP presidential candidate in 2024 because of his similarities to former President Donald Trump.

"I think that Ron DeSantis has lined himself up almost entirely with Donald Trump, and I think that’s very dangerous," Cheney said during an interview at a house party last week, according to the New York Times.

Cheney, who faces an uphill climb to keep her seat in Congress during next week's Wyoming primary election, said she "would find it very difficult" to support DeSantis in a general election, but also brushed off talk that she would change parties.

"I’m a Republican," she said during the interview, though she argued that the party "may not be" salvageable in the short term because it is "very sick" and "is continuing to drive itself in a ditch and I think it’s going to take several cycles if it can be healed."

She doesn't have to worry....Nobody who matters gives a flying fuck what Miss Piggy has to say about anything anymore.

See the source image
ROFL.gif

For all those who suggested that the whole Cheney leading the 1/6 Committee was virtuous and benevolent, she just sunk that narrative.

Of course, as many already suspect, this is about the Neo-Cons wanting to control the GOP again. These are the same people who hated the outsider Reagan who eventually became the most popular Conservative president in history and probably paved the way for George H W Bushes WH win.

Rep. Liz Cheney, R-Wyo., wouldn't commit to throwing her weight behind Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis if he were the GOP presidential candidate in 2024 because of his similarities to former President Donald Trump.

"I think that Ron DeSantis has lined himself up almost entirely with Donald Trump, and I think that’s very dangerous," Cheney said during an interview at a house party last week, according to the New York Times.

Cheney, who faces an uphill climb to keep her seat in Congress during next week's Wyoming primary election, said she "would find it very difficult" to support DeSantis in a general election, but also brushed off talk that she would change parties.

"I’m a Republican," she said during the interview, though she argued that the party "may not be" salvageable in the short term because it is "very sick" and "is continuing to drive itself in a ditch and I think it’s going to take several cycles if it can be healed."
Who it the hell would want her support?

Considering her antics and anti-Trump stance, I don't think DeSantis would want her support anyhow. It reminds me how Democrats are avoiding Biden for his support.
DeSantis is Trump with a brain, which is even more dangerous then reelecting that lunatic.

Liz may BELIEVE she's a Republican but it's a membership in a group that clearly wants no part of her both in Wyoming and in Washington DC! She seems to think she can exist as a supporter of the far left while she calls herself a conservative. It's the kind of naive thinking that makes her believe what she's doing with the 1/6 committee will bring the NeoCons back to power.

DeSantis is Trump with a brain, which is even more dangerous then reelecting that lunatic.
You do realize that DeSantis is incredibly popular in Florida because he's made the lives of Floridians better with his policies? Progressive policies are hurting Americans badly. The country may not be able to weather another two years of liberal ineptitude let alone four years. We need Democrats out of power as soon as possible.

Liz may BELIEVE she's a Republican but it's a membership in a group that clearly wants no part of her both in Wyoming and in Washington DC! She seems to think she can exist as a supporter of the far left while she calls herself a conservative. It's the kind of naive thinking that makes her believe what she's doing with the 1/6 committee will bring the NeoCons back to power.
She failed to do the math on what a trillion dollars is, or trillion anything else, for that matter.

Forum List

Back