Liz Cheney speaks trump's attack on our Democracy

JimH52

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2007
US
I really don't know what is on her personal agenda, but she is a big ZERO, whose comments would be noteworthy to approximately NOBODY were she not joining in the universal Leftist chorus to bad-mouth our former President. Further, were she not a woman and the child of a Republican ICON, she would be neither a congressperson nor in any position of leadership in Congress.

If she disagrees with Trump's position on the election - and MOST REPUBLICANS pretty much agree with the former President - then there are times and places to voice that disagreement. Does one imagine that there are not a few Democrats who think that Biden-Pelosi-Schumer are spending the country into perdition, but they have the maturity to STFU in public.

She is a despicable human being.

The Trump Cult is beholden to their leader, and while I think a majority of the elected GOP is not wanting to be in the cult, the truth is, it's the rubes on this forum, and where I live, and in the hills and hollers and trailer parks of America who insist that their leaders remain subservient to their favorite authoritarian. We saw how this shit turns out, be it Germany, Japan, Italy, and a host of other countries, slavish devotion to an authoritarian never ends well.

Oh, shuxamighty.........I just posted a 'Cheney' thead ('Alternative GOP').....and then saw that poster JimH52 was faster, quicker, more alert than me.

So, I'm gonna kill that nearby thread of mine. And instead, copy & paste my OP commentary over here.
There is one, at this time, response post on my thread. I will cut & paste that one too....and bring it over here.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

First, my OP:

Supposedly tomorrow Cheney is to be voted out of her leadership position in the House.
Elise Stefanik of New York, supposedly, is to replace her. Cheney with 92+% support for Trump in her voting, Stefanik with something like 72'sh %.

Yet, Kevin McCarthy and Trump-beholden Representatives are picking one and rejecting the other.
So be it.

However..........

However, Cheney ain't gonna go knit baby-sweaters......or re-load ammunition.
She seems, instead, to be angling to establish a 'Never Trump', or a 'Anti-Trump', or maybe just an 'American Common Sense'; ...wing of the GOP.

In short, we may end up with sort of a 'Me' and Mini-Me'......or 'Master and Blaster' parallel track for the Republicans.

If she gets booted tomorrow, I kinda sorta think she will still be laying down markers for Don Trump to be measured against, Plus, laying down markers for GOP legislators to measure themselves.

For example, today. In the House of Representatives, Cheney again fired a broadside at Trump and those fanboys in the Congress who support him.

These paragraphs quoted below came from today's 'The Hill' news website.
Provided at the bottom is a link to Cheney's speech today on the House floor.

They may vote her out of leadership on Wednesday, but......but I suspect that if that happens we still will hear a lot from Cheney and her idea of a 'GOP of Smarter Better Angels'.

IMHO
---------------------------------------------------------------------

From tonight's 'The Hill':

"Cheney, who currently serves as chair of the House Republican Conference, made clear in her Tuesday night floor speech that she isn't backing down against the former president, despite the expected cost to her political ambitions in the House.

“Every one of us who has sworn the oath must act to prevent the unraveling of our democracy. This is not about policy. This is not about partisanship. This is about our duty as Americans," Cheney said.

"Remaining silent and ignoring the lie emboldens the liar," Cheney continued. "I will not participate in that. I will not sit back and watch in silence while others lead our party down a path that abandons the rule of law, and joins the former president's crusade to undermine our democracy."

Cheney warned that the U.S. faces an unprecedented threat to its democratic process with Trump continuing to claim that President Biden was not legitimately elected.

READ: Liz Cheney's speech on the House floor

Cheney is a RINO.
She made a great speech, accurate in every way and is a credit to that once fine party, now gone astray to cult-like subservience to that MaraLardo traiter to his oath.

Mar-a-Lardo? :lol:
May I use that please?
Sure I got it online from some article about insulting names for DJT. Thought it might come in handy on the board.
Just hunted it down. It is from Stephen Colbert thing where he was going over crowd sourced names for donald trump, back on April 13th.

Last edited:
Oh, shuxamighty.........I just posted a 'Cheney' thead ('Alternative GOP').....and then saw that poster JimH52 was faster, quicker, more alert than me.

So, I'm gonna kill that nearby thread of mine. And instead, copy & paste my OP commentary over here.
There is one, at this time, response post on my thread. I will cut & paste that one too....and bring it over here.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

First, my OP:

Supposedly tomorrow Cheney is to be voted out of her leadership position in the House.
Elise Stefanik of New York, supposedly, is to replace her. Cheney with 92+% support for Trump in her voting, Stefanik with something like 72'sh %.

Yet, Kevin McCarthy and Trump-beholden Representatives are picking one and rejecting the other.
So be it.

However..........

However, Cheney ain't gonna go knit baby-sweaters......or re-load ammunition.
She seems, instead, to be angling to establish a 'Never Trump', or a 'Anti-Trump', or maybe just an 'American Common Sense'; ...wing of the GOP.

In short, we may end up with sort of a 'Me' and Mini-Me'......or 'Master and Blaster' parallel track for the Republicans.

If she gets booted tomorrow, I kinda sorta think she will still be laying down markers for Don Trump to be measured against, Plus, laying down markers for GOP legislators to measure themselves.

For example, today. In the House of Representatives, Cheney again fired a broadside at Trump and those fanboys in the Congress who support him.

These paragraphs quoted below came from today's 'The Hill' news website.
Provided at the bottom is a link to Cheney's speech today on the House floor.

They may vote her out of leadership on Wednesday, but......but I suspect that if that happens we still will hear a lot from Cheney and her idea of a 'GOP of Smarter Better Angels'.

IMHO
---------------------------------------------------------------------

From tonight's 'The Hill':

"Cheney, who currently serves as chair of the House Republican Conference, made clear in her Tuesday night floor speech that she isn't backing down against the former president, despite the expected cost to her political ambitions in the House.

“Every one of us who has sworn the oath must act to prevent the unraveling of our democracy. This is not about policy. This is not about partisanship. This is about our duty as Americans," Cheney said.

"Remaining silent and ignoring the lie emboldens the liar," Cheney continued. "I will not participate in that. I will not sit back and watch in silence while others lead our party down a path that abandons the rule of law, and joins the former president's crusade to undermine our democracy."

Cheney warned that the U.S. faces an unprecedented threat to its democratic process with Trump continuing to claim that President Biden was not legitimately elected.

READ: Liz Cheney's speech on the House floor
Sorry about that. Just got lucky to post first. Your write up is dead on. The GOPQ has lost it's challenged mind. They are drooling over a twice impeached LOSER. They will be very sorry....give it time.

I really don't know what is on her personal agenda, but she is a big ZERO, whose comments would be noteworthy to approximately NOBODY were she not joining in the universal Leftist chorus to bad-mouth our former President. Further, were she not a woman and the child of a Republican ICON, she would be neither a congressperson nor in any position of leadership in Congress.

If she disagrees with Trump's position on the election - and MOST REPUBLICANS pretty much agree with the former President - then there are times and places to voice that disagreement. Does one imagine that there are not a few Democrats who think that Biden-Pelosi-Schumer are spending the country into perdition, but they have the maturity to STFU in public.

She is a despicable human being.

Meh shaddup. She voted with Deat Leader 93% of the time.
Stefanik? 77%
You made your bed - If you’re good with Big Lies and insurrections?
Sleep in it, and don’t whine about the bedbugs.

Where does Putin come in? The more the left defends Chaney the more she emerges as a RINO.
Putin is loving the trump attack on our Constitution. This was his plan all along.....to destroy American's faith in our electoral process. trump is implementing Putin's plan.....but you idiots cannot see it.

Forum List

Back