Liz Cheney says Trump appears to have been ‘personally involved in planning’ 6 Jan insurrection

"
More than 680 people have been charged in the insurrection so far and some have argued in court documents that they were merely following the former president's guidance.

In his legal defense, Capitol rioter Emanuel Jackson, a Washington area man, cited Trump's remarks at a "Stop the Steal" rally in Washington D.C., which preceded the riot.

"Fight like hell. We will not take it anymore," the former president said, as he encouraged his supporters to march to the Capitol."

struth wrote: …so what? Folks helped plan a rally....we know that...who cares? 21OCT24-POST#299

NFBW wrote: I CARE! it was a rally designed to invalidate my vote for Biden, you fascist supporter of DJT and his failed but ominous attempt to overturn the election that fifty states certified that he lost. 21OCT25-POST#302

struth wrote: …so what? Folks helped plan a rally....we know that...who cares? 21OCT24-POST#299

NFBW wrote: I CARE! it was a rally designed to invalidate my vote for Biden, you fascist supporter of DJT and his failed but ominous attempt to overturn the election that fifty states certified that he lost. 21OCT25-POST#302
Cool....I get you don't like the topic of the rally...there are millions of rallies a day I don't agree with the topic....but rallies are just that rallies....we have a Constitutional right (albeit under attack by the left) to freely assemble and protest.

The rally isn't the problem....the issue were the handful of people that came to do violence, and the folks that took part in that violence and riot.

The fact the Commission is chasing the rally, highlights the Commission is all political....

struth wrote: Cool....I get you don't like the topic of the rally... 21OCT25- POST#303

NFBW wrote: Its not that the topic of the rally was based on a huge lie by the sitting President who lost the election by a humiliating majority of voters who hate him, it is the FACT that an outgoing President had a fascistic anti-democracy plan, in writing, to steal the elect from me by unconstitutional means if his clueless VP would have gone along with it. That is the issue here. The peaceful part of the rally means nothing other than the fact that it occupied the police forces which enabled the violence to take place and to get as far into the capital and shut down the process that they did. Without the big lie and without the big rally there would’ve been no violence on Capitol Hill on January 6, 2021. Trump and the planters are all entirely responsible. 21OCT25- POST#304

Last edited:
struth wrote: Cool....I get you don't like the topic of the rally... 21OCT25- POST#303

NFBW wrote: Its not that the topic of the rally was based on a huge lie by the sitting President who lost the election by a humiliating majority of voters who hate him, it is the FACT that an outgoing President had a fascistic anti-democracy plan, in writing, to steal the elect from me by unconstitutional means if his clueless VP would have gone along with it. That is the issue here. The peaceful part of the rally means nothing other than the fact that it occupied the police forces which enabled the violence to take place and to get as far into the capital and shut down the process that they did. Without the big lie and without the big rally there would’ve been no violence on Capitol Hill on January 6, 2021. Trump and the planters are all entirely responsible. 21OCT25- POST#304
Lots of rallies are based on lies....

What was his plan? There is nothing anti-democratic about protesting, even an election...one that you think was conducted unfairly.

I get you don't like the topic, and that's fine....but rallies aren't illegal.

"
More than 680 people have been charged in the insurrection so far and some have argued in court documents that they were merely following the former president's guidance.

In his legal defense, Capitol rioter Emanuel Jackson, a Washington area man, cited Trump's remarks at a "Stop the Steal" rally in Washington D.C., which preceded the riot.

"Fight like hell. We will not take it anymore," the former president said, as he encouraged his supporters to march to the Capitol."

In that same speech Trump told the crowd to protest "peacefully", Fort! Sorry but that dog's SO not going to hunt!

She doesnt really provide a silver bullet in this statement but it really does look like that is the case. Bannon has an obligation to Trump and it is the logical conclusion.
I think that it might be alike that scene in A Few Good Men where Trump would want to scream at America.

"You cant handle the truth. SAD",

On a positive note it does appear that Liz and her friends have bollocks big enough to deal with this.
LOL Bull Shit... The FBI already cleared Trump.... You fuckers are grasping at thin air... LOL

Let me see if I follow your "logic", Notfooled! You think a peaceful rally is to blame for the violence that occurred when the Capital Police were woefully unprepared for a small number of protesters that decided they should occupy the Capital building?
Interesting concept! That would mean of course that every "peaceful" liberal protest that was followed by looting and burning is to blame for the looting and burning...correct? So why aren't THOSE protestors being investigated and jailed?

I get you don't like the topic, and that's fine....but rallies aren't illegal.

"It's 18 U.S. Code, section 371. It's a law that says it's a crime to defraud the government in any deceptive way, and that's exactly what DJT did here." KEEP AN EYE ON THAT CRIME.

Let me see if I follow your "logic", Notfooled! You think a peaceful rally is to blame for the violence that occurred when the Capital Police were woefully unprepared for a small number of protesters that decided they should occupy the Capital building?
Interesting concept! That would mean of course that every "peaceful" liberal protest that was followed by looting and burning is to blame for the looting and burning...correct? So why aren't THOSE protestors being investigated and jailed?
They have, moron.
Yeah, you follow Trump's trail of BS.

A peaceful rally? 7 people died.
You RWNJ's had 8 investigations on Hillary when 4 people died.

Oldestyle wrote: Let me see if I follow your "logic", Notfooled! You think a peaceful rally is to blame for the violence that occurred when the Capitol Police were woefully unprepared for a small number of protesters that decided they should occupy the Capitol building? 21OCT25-POST#308

NFBW wrote: NO. that is not my logic. DJT!s BIG LIE is to blame for the violence that occurred on Jan6 in conjunction with DJT’s sinister and fascist plan to overturn the election that he lost by 8 million votes. The peaceful protesters are not to blame for anything except supporting DJT and his BIG fascist LIE and his written plan to destroy democracy by overturning the election. Is that clear? 21OCT25-POST#313

Last edited:

She doesnt really provide a silver bullet in this statement but it really does look like that is the case. Bannon has an obligation to Trump and it is the logical conclusion.
I think that it might be alike that scene in A Few Good Men where Trump would want to scream at America.

"You cant handle the truth. SAD",

On a positive note it does appear that Liz and her friends have bollocks big enough to deal with this.
it appears micky mouse has been banging hillary clinton

"It's 18 U.S. Code, section 371. It's a law that says it's a crime to defraud the government in any deceptive way, and that's exactly what DJT did here." KEEP AN EYE ON THAT CRIME.
hahaa how did he defraud the Govt by giving a speech at a rally?

Oldestyle wrote: Let me see if I follow your "logic", Notfooled! You think a peaceful rally is to blame for the violence that occurred when the Capitol Police were woefully unprepared for a small number of protesters that decided they should occupy the Capitol building? 21OCT25-POST#308

NFBW wrote: NO. that is not my logic. DJT!s BIG LIE is to blame for the violence that occurred on Jan6 in conjunction with DJT’s sinister and fascist plan to overturn the election that he lost by 8 million votes. The peaceful protesters are not to blame for anything except supporting DJT and his BIG fascist LIE and his written plan to destroy democracy by overturning the election. Is that clear? 21OCT25-POST#313
Oh, now there is a "written plan" to destroy democracy, NotFooled? You of course have SEEN this plan...right? (eye roll)

NFBW wrote: struth ; Correll ; Lastamender and most DJTvoterrs here have similar posting patterns seemingly designed to avoid facts and responsibility for their support for DJT’s planned but failed attempt to overturn the election that coincided with a peaceful rally, and a riot at the Capitol on Jan6. - - - struth provides a good example: 21OCT25-POST#

struth wrote: Doesn’t Biden run the DOJ that conducted an investigation that exonerated Trump? 21OCT24-POST#285

NFBW wrote: No Biden has no input into what our DOJ investigates. No, the DOJ has not exonerated DJT or any of the planners including DJT’s Coup Attempt Lawyer ( John Eastman) . Unfortunately for your orange tinted god struth , some of the rioters are now singing about all the DJT officials and politicians who helped with the Eastman Plan to overturn the election. 21OCT25-POST#298 see 21OCT24-RSM-hWalker Jan6coupatt

NFBW wrote: As you can see, POST-298 was not about DJT officials and politicians helping to plan a peaceful STOP THE STEAL RALLY. It was about those TRUMP enablers who helped with the Eastman Plan to overturn the election on Jan6. The peaceful rally accomplishes nothing on January 6. It was the Eastman Plan that would have destroyed democracy had it succeeded. The violent mob believed it was their patriotic duty to stop the certification process to save America as DJT led them to believe when, in the midst of the riot, DJT tweeted to the viokent mob that Oence was a coward. So the mob wanted to hang him. 21OCT25-POST#298

NFBW wrote: struth ; Correll ; Lastamender and most DJTvoterrs here have similar posting patterns seemingly designed to avoid facts and responsibility for their support for DJT’s planned but failed attempt to overturn the election that coincided with a peaceful rally, and a riot at the Capitol on Jan6. - - - struth provides a good example: 21OCT25-POST#

struth wrote: Doesn’t Biden run the DOJ that conducted an investigation that exonerated Trump? 21OCT24-POST#285

NFBW wrote: No Biden has no input into what our DOJ investigates. No, the DOJ has not exonerated DJT or any of the planners including DJT’s Coup Attempt Lawyer ( John Eastman) . Unfortunately for your orange tinted god struth , some of the rioters are now singing about all the DJT officials and politicians who helped with the Eastman Plan to overturn the election. 21OCT25-POST#298 see 21OCT24-RSM-hWalker Jan6coupatt

NFBW wrote: As you can see, POST-298 was not about DJT officials and politicians helping to plan a peaceful STOP THE STEAL RALLY. It was about those TRUMP enablers who helped with the Eastman Plan to overturn the election on Jan6. The peaceful rally accomplishes nothing on January 6. It was the Eastman Plan that would have destroyed democracy had it succeeded. The violent mob believed it was their patriotic duty to stop the certification process to save America as DJT led them to believe when, in the midst of the riot, DJT tweeted to the viokent mob that Oence was a coward. So the mob wanted to hang him. 21OCT25-POST#298

what facts am i avoiding?

Oldestyle wrote: Oh, now there is a "written plan" to destroy democracy, NotFooled? You of course have SEEN this plan...right? (eye roll) 21OCT25-POST#316

NFBW wrote: read it yourself: 21OCT25-POST#319

Correll wrote: Trump called for a demonstration to put political pressure on Congress. You saying "disrupt" is you lying. 21OCT16-POST#882

NFBW wrote: It’s laid out in the Eastman Memo: 21OCT16-POST#886

1. VP Pence, presiding over the joint session (or Senate Pro Tempore Grassley, if Pence recuses himself), begins to open and count the ballots,….

2. When he gets to Arizona, he announces that he has multiple slates of electors, and so is going to defer decision on that until finishing the other States. [FIRST DISRUPTION >> }This would be the first break with the procedure set out in the Act.

3. At the end, he announces that because of the ongoing disputes in the 7 States, there are no electors that can be deemed validly appointed in those States.
{You don’t think this would be a disruption Correll >>>} Pence then gavels President Trump as re-elected there as well

{ EASTMAN tells DJT It’s disruptive>>>}4. Howls, of course, from the Democrats, who now claim, contrary to Tribe’s prior position, that 270 is required. So Pence says, fine. Pursuant to the 12th Amendment, no candidate has achieved the necessary majority. That sends the matter to the House, where the “the votes shall be taken by states, the representation from each state having one vote . . . .” Republicans currently control 26 of the state delegations, the bare majority needed to win that vote. President Trump is re-elected there as well.

5. One last piece. Assuming the Electoral Count Act process is followed and, upon getting the objections to the Arizona slates, the two houses break into their separate chambers, we should not allow the Electoral Count Act constraint on debate to control. That would mean that a prior legislature was determining the rules of the present one — a constitutional no-no (as Tribe has forcefully argued). So someone – Ted Cruz, Rand Paul, etc. – should demand normal rules (which includes the filibuster). That creates a stalemate that would give the state legislatures more time to weigh in to formally support the alternate slate of electors, if they had not already done so.

{But PENCE WAS A COWARD AFTER THE DISRUPTION of the riot was over AND STUCK WITH THE PROCESS >>>} 6. The main thing here is that Pence should do this without asking for permission – either from a vote of the joint session or from the Court. Let the other side challenge his actions in court, where Tribe (who in 2001 conceded the President of the Senate might be in charge of counting the votes) and others who would press a lawsuit would have their past position -- that these are non-justiciable political questions – thrown back at them, to get the lawsuit dismissed. The fact is that the Constitution assigns this power to the Vice President as the ultimate arbiter. We should take all of our actions with that in mind. TRUMP-Jan6-COUPattempt “””

Oldestyle wrote: Oh, now there is a "written plan" to destroy democracy, NotFooled? You of course have SEEN this plan...right? (eye roll) 21OCT25-POST#316

NFBW wrote: read it yourself: 21OCT25-POST#319

Correll wrote: Trump called for a demonstration to put political pressure on Congress. You saying "disrupt" is you lying. 21OCT16-POST#882

NFBW wrote: It’s laid out in the Eastman Memo: 21OCT16-POST#886

1. VP Pence, presiding over the joint session (or Senate Pro Tempore Grassley, if Pence recuses himself), begins to open and count the ballots,….

2. When he gets to Arizona, he announces that he has multiple slates of electors, and so is going to defer decision on that until finishing the other States. [FIRST DISRUPTION >> }This would be the first break with the procedure set out in the Act.

3. At the end, he announces that because of the ongoing disputes in the 7 States, there are no electors that can be deemed validly appointed in those States.
{You don’t think this would be a disruption Correll >>>} Pence then gavels President Trump as re-elected there as well

{ EASTMAN tells DJT It’s disruptive>>>}4. Howls, of course, from the Democrats, who now claim, contrary to Tribe’s prior position, that 270 is required. So Pence says, fine. Pursuant to the 12th Amendment, no candidate has achieved the necessary majority. That sends the matter to the House, where the “the votes shall be taken by states, the representation from each state having one vote . . . .” Republicans currently control 26 of the state delegations, the bare majority needed to win that vote. President Trump is re-elected there as well.

5. One last piece. Assuming the Electoral Count Act process is followed and, upon getting the objections to the Arizona slates, the two houses break into their separate chambers, we should not allow the Electoral Count Act constraint on debate to control. That would mean that a prior legislature was determining the rules of the present one — a constitutional no-no (as Tribe has forcefully argued). So someone – Ted Cruz, Rand Paul, etc. – should demand normal rules (which includes the filibuster). That creates a stalemate that would give the state legislatures more time to weigh in to formally support the alternate slate of electors, if they had not already done so.

{But PENCE WAS A COWARD AFTER THE DISRUPTION of the riot was over AND STUCK WITH THE PROCESS >>>} 6. The main thing here is that Pence should do this without asking for permission – either from a vote of the joint session or from the Court. Let the other side challenge his actions in court, where Tribe (who in 2001 conceded the President of the Senate might be in charge of counting the votes) and others who would press a lawsuit would have their past position -- that these are non-justiciable political questions – thrown back at them, to get the lawsuit dismissed. The fact is that the Constitution assigns this power to the Vice President as the ultimate arbiter. We should take all of our actions with that in mind. TRUMP-Jan6-COUPattempt “””
Where in that mess was any "written plan" to destroy our Democracy? Why do you talk out of your ass, Notfooled? You always get called on it and you always look like an idiot.

Forum List

Back