Live Free or Die !

Stann

Platinum Member
Jul 26, 2021
I believe that everything we experience teaches us something; in this day and age that would include movies. In the movie, " Love, Simon " a young teenager is blackmailed and eventually outted by a fellow students. Afterwards he had a difficult discussion with his mother, it went like this; Simon- " Did you know ? " Mother- " I knew you had a secret. When you were little, you were so carefree. But these last few years, more and more, it's almost like I can feel you holding your breath. I wanted to ask you about it but I didn't want to pry. Maybe I made a mistake. " Simon- " No, no mom, you didn't make a mistake. " ( A lot more dialogue concluding with the mother saying. " You get to exhale now. You get to be more you than you have been in a long time. You deserve everything you want. " There are a lot of lessons here, which one do you think is the most important ? I am not here to judge you, all answers are valid. I'm here to share with you, that brings me joy. Hoping it does the same for you. Please enjoy the exchange, thank you.

200.gif

I believe that everything we experience teaches us something;
I can agree with you on this. For example, if that was a movie script, I should have tried scriptwriting. Seems it doesn't take much talent but lots of jargon and inanities that most anyone can commit to memory.

Not hiding who you really are is the most important .Once that is done a person will find they do not fit in and will then find no one really fits in to any group because like them we are all individuals and unique. To'' fit in'' we must not just accept ourselves as being unique but others as well.

Forum List

Back