List Your Stock Pick Of The Day

I suggest Enron and Long Term Capital Management! They were both run by lots of college graduates and Nobel Prize winners in math and economics! They used a lot of graphs n stuff, too! Or, you can just short any stock Mitt Romney's PE firm touched; over half go to zero very quickly.

May the bulls run hard!
/-----/ Cautiously -- I sold two Puts @ $119 that expire Friday.
Beyond Meat, Inc. (BYND)
NasdaqGS - Currency in USD
In watchlist

125.46+2.31 (+1.87%)
As of 11:00AM EDT. Market open.

I still haven't learned how to do puts and calls yet. It always confused me.
/----/ Then you're NOT ready to trade them, you could lose a ton of money. Check with your brokerage account under education for videos on option trading, then paper trade them until you get the hang of it. You can start here: Cut Down Option Risk With Covered Calls

Focus on covered calls. They are the basic call options you sell for income when you like the stock but don't think it will go up to a certain level by the end of the week. I was going to give you an example but realized it's confusing to do on a post. The best way is to watch videos. Stick with the covered calls and don't trade the complex options yet. PAPER TRADE ONLY UNTIL YOU UNDERSTAND IT COMPLETELY. KEEP ME POSTED

May the bulls run hard!
Beyond Meat, Inc. (BYND)
In watchlist

125.46+2.31 (+1.87%)

If you buy an option, the most you can lose is what you paid for it. If you sell an option, you can lose a lot, unless it's a covered option, i.e. you already own the stock you're selling the option on. As someone else noted, you should study what these are all about before risking money on them. I've had mixed results buying options and have never sold any.

Basically, you buy a put option when you think a stock is going down; this is a contract obligating the person selling the option to buy the stock from you at the stated price and by a certain date. A call option is the opposite; you buy it when you think a stock is going up and it obligates the seller to sell the stock to you at the stated price and by a certain date.

I bought a put on the VIX when it was around 82 a couple of months ago. It went down a lot but not as far as I'd hoped, so I didn't make a lot of money.

1590954938587.png

May the bulls run hard!
Beyond Meat, Inc. (BYND)
In watchlist

125.46+2.31 (+1.87%)

If you buy an option, the most you can lose is what you paid for it. If you sell an option, you can lose a lot, unless it's a covered option, i.e. you already own the stock you're selling the option on. As someone else noted, you should study what these are all about before risking money on them. I've had mixed results buying options and have never sold any.

Basically, you buy a put option when you think a stock is going down; this is a contract obligating the person selling the option to buy the stock from you at the stated price and by a certain date. A call option is the opposite; you buy it when you think a stock is going up and it obligates the seller to sell the stock to you at the stated price and by a certain date.

I bought a put on the VIX when it was around 82 a couple of months ago. It went down a lot but not as far as I'd hoped, so I didn't make a lot of money.
/——-/ 90% of my trades are selling puts or covered calls. I only buy a put as insurance incase my trade turns bad.

ELVT has been a nice little stock for me. They've passed the median target IIRC. But the market doesn't seem to care about that too much right now.
I like their overall financials for a long-term investment too.

I recently got in the habit of buying stock every time I get paid. I’m not really that knowledgeable ,but the last stock I bought was for Hallmark Financial Services because I heard it was currently undervalued? We will see.

Forum List

Back