List of things that require photo identification

And I pointed out that in spite of that constitutional aspect there are still photo ID laws that apply to those activities. Why is voting so different?

Voter ID disenfranchises people, that's why. And disenfranchisement is unconstitutional.

Any more stupid questions?

Please provide a single case of voter fraud which can only be fixed by Voter ID and cannot be fixed by proper management of existing voter registration.

Not some fevered imaginary case in your mind, an actual case of voter fraud.

It doesn't disenfranchise ANYONE, ALL are able to go get an ID. Now can you admit that, or are you a child who can't acknowledge facts in a debate?

And I pointed out that in spite of that constitutional aspect there are still photo ID laws that apply to those activities. Why is voting so different?

Voter ID disenfranchises people, that's why. And disenfranchisement is unconstitutional.

Please provide a single case of voter fraud which can only be fixed by Voter ID and cannot be fixed by proper management of existing voter registration.

It doesn't disenfranchise ANYONE, ALL are able to go get an ID. Now can you admit that, or are you a child who can't acknowledge facts in a debate?

The Justice Department has found that some Voter ID laws do disenfranchise voters. As did the courts. The courts also stated the need for Voter ID is imaginary and unnecessary.

Now are you going to be a child, or are you going to provide a single case of voter fraud which can only be fixed by Voter ID and cannot be fixed by proper management of existing voter registration?

In MOST cases a State ID is $5, more for a driver license of course, there is NO ONE in this country who can't afford a $5 ID card that is valid for 4 years.

That is just a BS excuse.

Ind. election chief found guilty of voter fraud - CBS News
False statement of residence. ID would have prevented it.
Next objection?

The integrity of the election process is central to the function of the republic. When there is doubt cast on the results, like Kennedy's election in 1960) then the whole system begins to crumble. With ID fraud so rampant anyway, voter fraud is bound to follow.
That is worth whatever "infringement" requiring an ID involves.

Please show me the passage in the United States Constitution where a "photo" ID is required to vote in this country.

How can a dead person, convicted felon, vagrant, or cartoon character vote if they are required to show an ID?

:lol:
Zander the names will not be on the list at the polling precinct wherein their PRIMARY residence is located; thus, they cannot vote. g5000 addressed this; PURGE the rolls as required, no more DEAD people, "felons", sadly, in my state, nor cartoon characters voting. Vagrants of course may vote, but will need to list an address even if it is that of the local library, parking lot. Felons should be restored the right once their sentence is completed.

How can a dead person, convicted felon, vagrant, or cartoon character vote if they are required to show an ID?

:lol:

How can a dead person, convicted felon, or cartoon character vote if they are not on the registered voters roll?

The problem is, they are....

1.8 Million Dead People Still Registered to Vote -- Daily Intel

Thanks for proving my point. They are still registered to vote.

In MOST cases a State ID is $5, more for a driver license of course, there is NO ONE in this country who can't afford a $5 ID card that is valid for 4 years.

That is just a BS excuse.

Next objection?

Proving his residence at registration would have prevented it.

Notice how he voted in another district? ID would not have prevented that.

Please show me the passage in the United States Constitution where a "photo" ID is required to vote in this country.

Please show me where it is forbidden to require a person to prove they are who they say they are when voting.

Next objection?

Provided. Sorry if you want to ignore the evidence.

As long as voting ID's are provided free of charge, I don't have an issue with it. Otherwise it becomes a kind of poll tax.

I have a photo ID, but I never use it. When I say never, I mean never. In the 5 months since I got my Georgia ID (after spending many years in FL) I have not had a single occasion where I needed it. I expect that will continue to be the case, possibly for years. I realize I am an exception, but people without photo ID yet eligible to vote are sure to be out there.

Oh, and I don't know where you have lived Unknown_Soldier, but ID's have cost quite a bit more than $5 in my experience, at least state ID or driver's licenses.

Please show me where it is forbidden to require a person to prove they are who they say they are when voting.

States have latitude to set voting standards within their own states. That should include providing ID, as well as registration to begin with.

Next objection?

Provided. Sorry if you want to ignore the evidence.

Nope. Everything so far is easily fixed by proper management of voter registration.

As long as voting ID's are provided free of charge, I don't have an issue with it. Otherwise it becomes a kind of poll tax.

I have a photo ID, but I never use it. When I say never, I mean never. In the 5 months since I got my Georgia ID (after spending many years in FL) I have not had a single occasion where I needed it. I expect that will continue to be the case, possibly for years. I realize I am an exception, but people without photo ID yet eligible to vote are sure to be out there.

Oh, and I don't know where you have lived Unknown_Soldier, but ID's have cost quite a bit more than $5 in my experience, at least state ID or driver's licenses.

I would take NO issue with making a Voter ID card free. It wouldn't cost that much because most people have DL which of course are not free, and only a handful of people would need the free ID.

But let's be honest, even if it's $20. That's only once every 4 years. I mean come on, anyone can come up with that.

How can a dead person, convicted felon, or cartoon character vote if they are not on the registered voters roll?

The problem is, they are....

1.8 Million Dead People Still Registered to Vote -- Daily Intel

Thanks for proving my point. They are still registered to vote.

Thanks, but I am not a pedant.

The bottom line is simple - requiring voters to prove that they are who they say they is not a heavy burden, and is only opposed by liberals. I find that odd......

States have latitude to set voting standards within their own states. That should include providing ID, as well as registration to begin with.

Exactly my point to RDean, the COTUS is silent on the issue.

registration.
**********************************'
That is the point in which the right to vote is addressed.

Forum List

Back