Life During Sequester, the Survivors Speak

So what?

Airports, along with their hordes of Thugs Standing Around, will still be there and the bureaucrats will be available to hector you and rifle through your shit.

I know, but they say lines will be longer and there might be delays. Just let me wallow in it for a minute. Lol
I already have a 2hr45min lay over in Chicago. I am sure I will have to get to Laguardia two hours early when I fly home, if not earlier.

Sequestration will not effect every region of the USA in the same way.

Virginia, Say Hello to the Sequester

Already, Governor Bob McDonnell has warned the commonwealth risks falling into recession.

"The automatic sequestration reductions mandated by the Budget Control Act of 2011 are already having a significant adverse effect on the Commonwealth," said the governor in a letter to President Obama and the state's congressional delegate. "When fully implemented, they could force Virginia and other states into a recession. Sequestration-mandated reductions will be implemented with no regard for relative national priorities. "

McDonnell isn't exaggerating. Both state population centers—Northern Virginia and the Tidewater region of eastern Virginia—depend heavily on federal dollars. Fairfax County, for example, is home to more than 20,000 federal employees, to say nothing of the contractors and consultants who make their living from congressional spending. Likewise, Hampton Roads (otherwise known as "Tidewater") is home to the largest concentration of military assets in the United States, including the nation's largest naval base and a massive naval shipyard.

What's more, there are nearly 90,000 Navy and Pentagon civil employees living in Hampton Roads, while private contractors employ more than 40,000 people. Each branch of the military is represented in the area and, overall, nearly one quarter of the nation's active-duty military personnel is stationed in the region. According to the Norfolk Department of Economic Development, nearly one out of every two dollars in the $81 billion Hampton Roads economy is dependent on either the military or the defense industry. The area's universities and research institutions, which receive millions of dollars in federal funding, will also feel the impact; the NASA Langley Research Center in Hampton, for example, might lose resources as a result of overall NASA sequester cuts totaling $726 million.

Don't worry Luissa.

The TSA will just haul out more crippled kids to pat down. Your line will keep moving. More crippled kilds will cry.

TSA+DETAINS+3+YEAR+OLD+IN+WHEELCHAIR.jpg

Sequestration will not effect every region of the USA in the same way.

Virginia, Say Hello to the Sequester

Already, Governor Bob McDonnell has warned the commonwealth risks falling into recession.

"The automatic sequestration reductions mandated by the Budget Control Act of 2011 are already having a significant adverse effect on the Commonwealth," said the governor in a letter to President Obama and the state's congressional delegate. "When fully implemented, they could force Virginia and other states into a recession. Sequestration-mandated reductions will be implemented with no regard for relative national priorities. "

McDonnell isn't exaggerating. Both state population centers—Northern Virginia and the Tidewater region of eastern Virginia—depend heavily on federal dollars. Fairfax County, for example, is home to more than 20,000 federal employees, to say nothing of the contractors and consultants who make their living from congressional spending. Likewise, Hampton Roads (otherwise known as "Tidewater") is home to the largest concentration of military assets in the United States, including the nation's largest naval base and a massive naval shipyard.

What's more, there are nearly 90,000 Navy and Pentagon civil employees living in Hampton Roads, while private contractors employ more than 40,000 people. Each branch of the military is represented in the area and, overall, nearly one quarter of the nation's active-duty military personnel is stationed in the region. According to the Norfolk Department of Economic Development, nearly one out of every two dollars in the $81 billion Hampton Roads economy is dependent on either the military or the defense industry. The area's universities and research institutions, which receive millions of dollars in federal funding, will also feel the impact; the NASA Langley Research Center in Hampton, for example, might lose resources as a result of overall NASA sequester cuts totaling $726 million.

Boo-fucking-hoo.

Now, I guess those who've been sucking at the big gubmint teat will have to go through what the rest of us out in The World have been dealing with the last 4+ years.

My cats have barricaded themselves in the basement with all our supplies.

They'll let me in when they get done with the dry food and try to open the cans.

Forum List

Back