lies your mother told you

"It's not whether you win or lose: it's how you play the game."

"It's not the gift you give: it's the thought behind the gift that counts."

Let's hear some more.

Those aren't lies. The fact that you think they are says a lot about you.

It's just an excuse to try to find some HUMOR. H - U - M- O - R.

The fact that you take it that seriously says all I want to know about you — mostly, that you're dull-witted, and very boring.

Let's hear some more.

The fact that you take it that seriously says all I want to know about you — mostly, that you're dull-witted, and very boring.

I find nothing humorous about you calling YOUR Mother a liar, and I would suggest that if you ever call MY Mother a liar, you would be in serious trouble.

That makes you a first class jerk.

I find nothing humorous about you calling YOUR Mother a liar, and I would suggest that if you ever call MY Mother a liar, you would be in serious trouble.

what if he /she mother, was /is a liar?
can't handle honesty?

what if he /she mother, was /is a liar?
can't handle honesty?

There would be nothing humorous about a liar IMO.

Chill out....nobody is calling anybody's mother a liar....but most of our mothers told us things that they believed to be true that we may not.....it doesn't mean you are calling your mother a liar, just that you found out that some of her beliefs may not be your beliefs....

Didn't your mother ever tell you something like....if you cross your eyes too many times they'll stay crossed? To eat all your vegetables because there were children starving in China?

Or, that Santa Claus was real....or, Santa knew when you were bad, or that the tooth fairy was real.....or that she could tell when you were lying. If your mother never told you anything like that then you are probably a very rare case.

Let's hear some more.

They are not exactly truth, either.

Sometimes it is about whether you win or lose....especially if you are a coach....you could get fired if you lose too many games, and some people don't care about the thought behind a gift, they care about how much you paid for a gift, or if it matches in quality to the gift they gave you.

So, just because you see them as good advice, doesn't mean they are always true.

Chill out....nobody is calling anybody's mother a liar....but most of our mothers told us things that they believed to be true that we may not.....it doesn't mean you are calling your mother a liar, just that you found out that some of her beliefs may not be your beliefs....

Didn't your mother ever tell you something like....if you cross your eyes too many times they'll stay crossed? To eat all your vegetables because there were children starving in China?

Or, that Santa Claus was real....or, Santa knew when you were bad, or that the tooth fairy was real.....or that she could tell when you were lying. If your mother never told you anything like that then you are probably a very rare case.

The title of this thread is "lies your mother told you" so somebody IS calling my Mother a liar. A proper title could have been Myths told by Mom, but using the word liar is inappropriate for repeating old wives tales.

The title of this thread is "lies your mother told you" so somebody IS calling my Mother a liar. A proper title could have been Myths told by Mom, but using the word liar is inappropriate for repeating old wives tales.

No, you obviously think every thread is about you....:lol::lol:

If your mother never lied to you, don't post in here....and if something is not true, it is a lie...and since we know Santa Clause, as portrayed to us by our parents when we were little, is not true...ergo a lie...not a myth.

Why are you taking it so personal?

We don't know your mother. Maybe you should just skip the thread? My mom lied a lot

Some posts are funny and some are just downright sad :(

TooTall said:

Bet you are just all kinds of fun to hang out with.

Or not.

Either way, I really don't care.

And if you can't find a reason to try to make someone else smile, I don't know why you're even posting on this thread.

Kay, moving along. Another half-troof Mama Shart used to toss about whimsically:

"Children are to be seen, and not heard."

Shortly after the births of three more shartly sibs, I learned that "the squeaky wheel gets the grease."

Reckon Mama Shart was full of, well, you know. Ewww.

Last edited:
here's a classic do as i say not as I do...

Yup, yup, yup. I hear that one worked out really well for lotsa folks.

Thanks, mama.

Remember this one, ladies and gents and umm, things (like me)?

"Son, these are the best years of your life."

Another lie.

Coupla years later, and Jimmy Carter was on his way back to Georgia.

What Bones said.

However, my dad told me a humdinger. He said if I could pour a handful of salt on the tail of a bird, it would not be able to fly. So he had fun watching me chase birds all over the place trying to throw salt at them. :lol:

Forum List

Back