Libertarian Victory: House Votes To Restrict Asset Forfeiture, Spanks Trump

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
Donald Trump loves civil asset forfeiture. Loooooves it.

Using civil asset forfeiture as their weapon, our nation's cops have stolen more from American citizens than all the home and office burglars combined.

Some states have begun enacting reforms of this rampant theft. From the video above, you can see the thieving cops are not happy about it, and neither was Trump.

So the Trump Administration bypassed states' rights and enacted a provision which opens a loophole for the Keystone Kleptos. Under this provision, the cops can steal your stuff as long as they refer your case to the feds after stealing your stuff. Of course, once your case becomes federal, that makes it even more difficult to challenge the theft, and you have to pay for the appeal at your own expense.

The local cops get 80 percent of the take, and the mob bosses at the federal level get a 20 percent bump.

The House just put a tent on that circus.

In Surprise Vote, House Passes Amendment to Restrict Asset Forfeiture

Civil forfeiture without due process has always been unconstitutional, but unfortunately the Supreme Court has allowed it.

I'll admit, I was not expecting this to occur. I am pleased as punch about it, though. I am a huge supporter of Paul and Walberg's Fifth Amendment Integrity Restoration (FAIR) Act as well.

Using civil asset forfeiture as their weapon, our nation's cops have stolen more from American citizens than all the home and office burglars combined.

Some states have begun enacting reforms of this rampant theft. From the video above, you can see the thieving cops are not happy about it, and neither was Trump.

So the Trump Administration bypassed states' rights and enacted a provision which opens a loophole for the Keystone Kleptos. Under this provision, the cops can steal your stuff as long as they refer your case to the feds after stealing your stuff. Of course, once your case becomes federal, that makes it even more difficult to challenge the theft, and you have to pay for the appeal at your own expense.

The local cops get 80 percent of the take, and the mob bosses at the federal level get a 20 percent bump.

I personally know of two people who had assets seized by the cops (sheriff's dept in both cases) and never got their money/possessions back even though they were never charged with anything. So this is good news!

A had a bong and a few bags of weed taken by the police once, and was never charged. They can keep the weed, but I really liked that bong. :(

I wonder what odd reasoning the House GOP used to end up at the right place?

I personally know of two people who had assets seized by the cops (sheriff's dept in both cases) and never got their money/possessions back even though they were never charged with anything. So this is good news!

Unfortunately, this does not stop civil asset forfeiture completely.

Forum List

Back