Liberals have declared that people who are drunk can't give consent to sex

I think an equally accurate title to this thread would be "Conservatives have declared that people who are drunk of course have given consent to have sex"

A man talking a woman into having sex with him is not committing rape. Forcing a woman to have sex is rape, except for married couples. You can't rape your wife. Those rules have worked out for 5000 years. Idiot liberal feminists and their metrosexual male companions are trying to change the rules.

This isn't rocket science.

Of course a man can rape his wife. Just as soon as we figure out what rape is.

C"mon, how about a little lovin?
No. I have a headache.
Please. I'll go to store and get Chunky Monkey ice cream.
Ohhh all right. O God O God.
Where's my ice cream?
I am tired and have a headache.

I WAS RAPED!

Liberals have declared that people who are drunk can't give consent for sex.

However, if both the man and woman are drunk, the man has raped the woman.

Google

Feminists and liberals, please explain.

As a side note, when I was a teenager, I was in a hot tub, a girl grabbed me and gave me a full kiss on the lips. I did not encourage her in any way. She was so drunk that she didn't even remember the kiss the next morning, and I didn't tell her.

Question: Did she rape me, or did I rape her?
If someone is drunk can they be held to a contract they sign? Or a confession they give to police?
Enforcement of a contract is a civil issue not criminal. There are differences. As with most legal issues, the devil is in the details. Comparing sexual consent to a contract is an apples and oranges comparison.

Courts are usually not very sympathetic to people who claim they were intoxicated when they signed a contract. Generally a court will only allow the contract to be avoided if the other party to the contract knew about the intoxication and took advantage of the intoxicated person, or if the person was somehow involuntarily intoxicated (e.g. someone spiked the punch).

Will Your Contract Be Enforced Under the Law? - FindLaw

Last edited:
The presumption that when a drunk man and a drunk woman have sex, the man has committed rape, is sexist and paternalistic.

If women want equal rights, then they need to abolish laws that unfairly treat them like the "weaker sex."

Forcing a woman to have sex is rape, except for married couples. You can't rape your wife..

Wow......so you actually think that if you hold your wife down and forcibly penetrate her while she is screaming "Get off of me you asshole"- that can't be rape?

Hopefully you aren't married.

No. I have a headache.
Where's my ice cream?

I WAS RAPED!

So sad when Conservatives make jokes about rape.

But not surprising

Google

As a side note, when I was a teenager, I was in a hot tub, a girl grabbed me and gave me a full kiss on the lips. I did not encourage her in any way. She was so drunk that she didn't even remember the kiss the next morning, and I didn't tell her.

It depends on how drunk the women is. Obviously if she is passed out, she can't give consent.

Well that is more nuance than this thread demands.

Can people who are 'drunk' give consent? Maybe- because 'drunk' is a rather broad term- ranging from passed out- to stumbling blind drunk to tipsy but too drunk to drive.

Remember though- this thread is just Blackrook's declaration of outrage- unsupported by any facts.

The issue isn't nuance. The issue is drunken hookup sex is being called rape or assault after the fact, and college men are being expelled over it. Cases where the guy slipped a girl a mickey or had sex with a passed out girl are easy to figure out. Its rape.

But when two drunk people wake up next to each other with fuzzy memories, it seems women can remove consent after the fact if they feel like it.

No. I have a headache.
Where's my ice cream?

I WAS RAPED!

But not surprising
It's sad you feel women can't defend themselves.

Google

I hereby declare that your thread gobbles shit out of pigs asses.

Bernie Sanders for president

Google

It depends on how drunk the women is. Obviously if she is passed out, she can't give consent.

Can people who are 'drunk' give consent? Maybe- because 'drunk' is a rather broad term- ranging from passed out- to stumbling blind drunk to tipsy but too drunk to drive.

Remember though- this thread is just Blackrook's declaration of outrage- unsupported by any facts.

The issue isn't nuance. The issue is drunken hookup sex is being called rape or assault after the fact, and college men are being expelled over it. Cases where the guy slipped a girl a mickey or had sex with a passed out girl are easy to figure out. Its rape.

But when two drunk people wake up next to each other with fuzzy memories, it seems women can remove consent after the fact if they feel like it.

'it seems'- well if that doesn't prove your point- I don't know what could......

No. I have a headache.
Where's my ice cream?

I WAS RAPED!

But not surprising

It's sad that you feel that rape victims deserve to be raped.

Google

'it seems'- well if that doesn't prove your point- I don't know what could......

There are plenty of cases out there. Check FIRE's website for particular examples. Most of them boil down to: People have sex while drunk, woman regrets this later, then claims it was non-consensual.

No. I have a headache.
Where's my ice cream?

I WAS RAPED!

But not surprising

It depends on when they decide to become rape victims. If she has sex with Jimmy then finds out that her friends think he's a nerd, she wasn't raped.

If she has sex with Bobby thinking he was going to marry her, she wasn't raped.

If she has sex with Larry, then finds out that Larry has laid half of Phi Beta, she wasn't raped.

If she never had sex with the star quarterback but he said hello to her once in the hallway, she definitely wasn't raped.

If she's like Lena Dunham and the man doesn't exist at all, she wasn't raped.

Google

There are plenty of cases out there. Check FIRE's website for particular examples. Most of them boil down to: People have sex while drunk, woman regrets this later, then claims it was non-consensual.

How many cases?

How many cases of those are a man who is less drunk, having sex with a woman who is blind drunk and was clearly unable to give consent?

I started off in this thread by pointing out that Blackrook's 'proof' was nothing more than a list of Google searches- almost all to blogs- almost all by men claiming that this is the real problem- without any substantiation.

From what I have seen- if two people are equally inebriated and have sex- it is either rape to both of them, or neither of them.

"Liberals' have decided that getting a woman so drunk that she cannot legally consent to have sex is indeed rape.

"Conservatives" appear to find that objectionable.

Last edited:

No. I have a headache.
Where's my ice cream?

I WAS RAPED!

But not surprising

Any rape victim with a story that is factual is entitled to have a day in court. If a rape victim claims being drunk and unable to consent, then she would have to say why she was drunk and unless drugged, then her drunk is hers and has no place in court.

And I'd advise her not to drink because she can't trust herself to make good choices.

How many cases?

How many cases of those are a man who is less drunk, having sex with a woman who is blind drunk and was clearly unable to give consent?

I started off in this thread by pointing out that Blackrook's 'proof' was nothing more than a list of Google searches- almost all to blogs- almost all by men claiming that this is the real problem- without any substantiation.

From what I have seen- if two people are equally inebriated and have sex- it is either rape to both of them, or neither of them.

Remember though- this thread is just Blackrook's declaration of outrage- unsupported by any fact

Remember though- this thread is just Blackrook's declaration of outrage- unsupported by any fact

And now it is progressing to a more reasoned debate on the actual topic. Again, go to FIRE's website, or read about the case at Columbia with Mattress girl.

I will link one of FIRE's case files as an example.

Occidental College: Student Found Guilty of Sexual Assault After Incapacitation Standard Is Misapplied - FIRE

How many cases?

"Liberals' have decided that getting a woman so drunk that she cannot legally consent to have sex is indeed rape.

is drunk drunk? what is the difference if both are drunk, are you saying that the man is a more informed drunk?

How many cases?

is drunk drunk? what is the difference if both are drunk, are you saying that the man is a more informed drunk?

No- I am saying the person may be considered to be drunk- but not so drunk as to be excused from raping a more drunk person

"Conservatives" appear to find that objectionable.[

Forum List

Back