Liberals block erection of monument to war heroes

They wanted to form their own country because Lincoln wanted to do crazy things.
Yea, wanting to form you own country is worse than taking a knee at a football game as far as I can tell. You guys want to erect a statue or Kapernec?

Did you have an answer? Or you planning the statue of Colin? I cannot seem to spell his last name.
That is apparent. Nope, I don't have any use for that POS who grew up in lilly white Turlock CA and then complains about the "white privilege" that he apparently used to its fullest extent growing up in a solid middle class WHITE household. As for confederate statues, they are a part of American history. Tearing down a memorial to a major player in American history, does not change history anymore than erecting an effigy or naming legislation after a common violent criminal in MN changes that fact. I will make sure my progeny will be aware of ACTUAL American history and not some B grade reinterpretation.

That is apparent. Nope, I don't have any use for that POS who grew up in lilly white Turlock CA and then complains about the "white privilege" that he apparently used to its fullest extent growing up in a solid middle class WHITE household. As for confederate statues, they are a part of American history. Tearing down a memorial to a major player in American history, does not change history anymore than erecting an effigy or naming legislation after a common violent criminal in MN changes that fact. I will make sure my progeny will be aware of ACTUAL American history and not some B grade reinterpretation.
I really truly do not understand why people who really do consider themselves great Americans defend statues of traitors to this country. I really don't. and I don't like Kapernic or however you spell his name either.

I really truly do not understand why people who really do consider themselves great Americans defend statues of traitors to this country. I really don't. and I don't like Kapernic or however you spell his name either.
They were great AMERICAN military strategists that were important in the history of this nation when there was great division. They serve to remind us all of the fallacy of the policies that the nation AS A WHOLE were following to that point in our history. Tearing them down because someone is offended by that history does not change the history--it is just an feeble attempt to sweep it under the rug and pretend that it never happened. Those people were no less Americans than you or I--but it doesn't serve the left to promote unity. They strive in everything they do to promote another reason for division.

They were great AMERICAN military strategists that were important in the history of this nation when there was great division. They serve to remind us all of the fallacy of the policies that the nation AS A WHOLE were following to that point in our history. Tearing them down because someone is offended by that history does not change the history--it is just an feeble attempt to sweep it under the rug and pretend that it never happened. Those people were no less Americans than you or I--but it doesn't serve the left to promote unity. They strive in everything they do to promote another reason for division.
They took up arms against their country. They were in fact traitors. They just were. Making them American heroes is rewriting history. They might have been born Americans, but they died traitors.

They took up arms against their country. They were in fact traitors. They just were. Making them American heroes is rewriting history. They might have been born Americans, but they died traitors.
Nobody said they were heroes. They were highly intelligent Americans. Sorry you are offended--not really. I am offended that the left is making a hero out of a common criminal--see the difference. Naw, you won't. The country has been, hopefully not irreparably, divided to the extent that it was during civil war times--with no issue of injustice. It will be interesting to see the outcome.

Nobody said they were heroes. They were highly intelligent Americans. Sorry you are offended--not really. I am offended that the left is making a hero out of a common criminal--see the difference. Naw, you won't. The country has been, hopefully not irreparably, divided to the extent that it was during civil war times--with no issue of injustice. It will be interesting to see the outcome.
I get the spin, but I am an American. I am against statues honoring the enemies of my country, especially in my country. The Confederates are even a little worse, because they were both traitors and enemies. Just not honorable people. You know, you are right, I dont get it. By the way, which criminal have I made a hero out of?

I get the spin, but I am an American. I am against statues honoring the enemies of my country, especially in my country. The Confederates are even a little worse, because they were both traitors and enemies. Just not honorable people. You know, you are right, I dont get it. By the way, which criminal have I made a hero out of?
Last first--you and the democrats are making an idol of George Floyd. Those traitors as you call them were following the policies of the US predating the civil war for 240 years. Similar to the what the democrats are trying to accomplish now--rewriting history, existing laws to violate the constitutional protections that have been in place for the history of the country. You are the traitor.

Last first--you and the democrats are making an idol of George Floyd. Those traitors as you call them were following the policies of the US predating the civil war for 240 years. Similar to the what the democrats are trying to accomplish now--rewriting history, existing laws to violate the constitutional protections that have been in place for the history of the country. You are the traitor.
I am not a democrat and I think George Floyd was a criminal that died at the hands of a cop that probably hated all criminals but really hated black ones. He was responsible for Floyd as soon as he had him under control. With the dependent position and probably narcotics Floyds respiration dropped. The police officer did not realize what he was doing, but the prisoner was his responsibility, and he died. Again, I am not parsing words here, the Confederates were traitors, by definition, you can change the definition of words if you want, but then you have a real problem with talking about the Dems rewriting history. I am not a traitor by any definition of the word, but try not to think too much about it, retreat to your comfy corner of the right wing noise machine and erase any thoughts you might have had.

I am not a democrat and I think George Floyd was a criminal that died at the hands of a cop that probably hated all criminals but really hated black ones. He was responsible for Floyd as soon as he had him under control. With the dependent position and probably narcotics Floyds respiration dropped. The police officer did not realize what he was doing, but the prisoner was his responsibility, and he died. Again, I am not parsing words here, the Confederates were traitors, by definition, you can change the definition of words if you want, but then you have a real problem with talking about the Dems rewriting history. I am not a traitor by any definition of the word, but try not to think too much about it, retreat to your comfy corner of the right wing noise machine and erase any thoughts you might have had.
Tsk tsk tsk, truth hit pretty close to home. You can always tell when the response is triggered. Your response continues the line that if we remove any reminder of the civil war and slavery--it never happened.

Tsk tsk tsk, truth hit pretty close to home. You can always tell when the response is triggered. Your response continues the line that if we remove any reminder of the civil war and slavery--it never happened.
I dont even know what the hell trigger means, you have said nothing even close to profound, but you go with that. We should not remove the history of the civil war and slavery, we should make sure every student in every classroom in America knows exactly what happened. Hopefully that might ensure it never happens again. Tsk tsk tsk, you are just silly.

Forum List

Back