Liberals are NOT racists

Liberals started the kkk and ran the Tuskegee experiments and the eugenic institution called planned Parenthood....racist?

Nah

Uh.... no Daphne... they didn't.

It was the boredom of small-town life that led six young Confederate veterans to gather around a fireplace one December evening in 1865 and form a social club. The place was Pulaski, tenn., near the Alabama border.

When they reassembled a week later, the six young men were full of ideas for their new society. It would be secret, to heighten the amusement of the thing, and the titles for the various offices were to have names as preposterous-sounding as possible, partly for the fun of it and partly to avoid any military or political implications. Thus the head of the group was called the Grand Cyclops. His assistant was the Grand Magi. There was to be a Grand Turk to greet all candidates for admission, a Grand Scribe to act as secretary, Night Hawks for messengers and a Lictor to be the guard.

The members, when the six young men found some to join, would be called Ghouls. But what to name the society itself? The founders were determined to come up with something unusual and mysterious. Being well-educated, they turned to the Greek language. After tossing around a number of ideas, Richard R. Reed suggested the word “kuklos,” from which the english words “circle” and “cycle” are derived. Another member, Capt. John B. Kennedy, had an ear for alliteration and added the word “”clan.” After tinkering with the sound for a while they settled on Ku Klux Klan.

The selection of the name, chance though it was, had a great deal to do with the Klan’s early success. Something about the sound aroused curiosity and gave the fledgling club an immediate air of mystery, as did the initials K.K.K., which were soon to take on such terrifying significance.

Soon after the founders named the Klan, they decided to do a bit of showing off, and so disguised themselves in sheets and galloped their horses through the quiet streets of tiny Pulaski. Their ride created such a stir that the men decided to adopt the sheets as the official regalia of the Ku Klux Klan, and they added to the effect by donning grotesque masks and tall pointed hats. They also performed elaborate initiation ceremonies for new members. Similar to the hazing popular in college fraternities, the ceremony consisted of blindfolding the candidate, subjecting him to a series of silly oaths and rough handling, and finally bringing him before a “royal altar” where he was to be invested with a “royal crown.” The altar turned out to be a mirror and the crown two large donkey’s ears.

Ridiculous though it sounds today, that was the high point of the earliest activities of the Ku Klux Klan. Had that been all there was to the Ku Klux Klan, it probably would have disappeared as quietly as it was born. But at some point in early 1866, the club added new members from nearby towns and began to have a chilling effect on local blacks....

(more at the link)​
Your source is represented by Democratic Party race baiters, try again...Starting with Jullian Bond, truly one of the greatest race baiters the Democrats have ever produced.

Liberals started the kkk and ran the Tuskegee experiments and the eugenic institution called planned Parenthood....racist?

Nah

It was the boredom of small-town life that led six young Confederate veterans to gather around a fireplace one December evening in 1865 and form a social club. The place was Pulaski, tenn., near the Alabama border.

When they reassembled a week later, the six young men were full of ideas for their new society. It would be secret, to heighten the amusement of the thing, and the titles for the various offices were to have names as preposterous-sounding as possible, partly for the fun of it and partly to avoid any military or political implications. Thus the head of the group was called the Grand Cyclops. His assistant was the Grand Magi. There was to be a Grand Turk to greet all candidates for admission, a Grand Scribe to act as secretary, Night Hawks for messengers and a Lictor to be the guard.

The members, when the six young men found some to join, would be called Ghouls. But what to name the society itself? The founders were determined to come up with something unusual and mysterious. Being well-educated, they turned to the Greek language. After tossing around a number of ideas, Richard R. Reed suggested the word “kuklos,” from which the english words “circle” and “cycle” are derived. Another member, Capt. John B. Kennedy, had an ear for alliteration and added the word “”clan.” After tinkering with the sound for a while they settled on Ku Klux Klan.

The selection of the name, chance though it was, had a great deal to do with the Klan’s early success. Something about the sound aroused curiosity and gave the fledgling club an immediate air of mystery, as did the initials K.K.K., which were soon to take on such terrifying significance.

Soon after the founders named the Klan, they decided to do a bit of showing off, and so disguised themselves in sheets and galloped their horses through the quiet streets of tiny Pulaski. Their ride created such a stir that the men decided to adopt the sheets as the official regalia of the Ku Klux Klan, and they added to the effect by donning grotesque masks and tall pointed hats. They also performed elaborate initiation ceremonies for new members. Similar to the hazing popular in college fraternities, the ceremony consisted of blindfolding the candidate, subjecting him to a series of silly oaths and rough handling, and finally bringing him before a “royal altar” where he was to be invested with a “royal crown.” The altar turned out to be a mirror and the crown two large donkey’s ears.

Ridiculous though it sounds today, that was the high point of the earliest activities of the Ku Klux Klan. Had that been all there was to the Ku Klux Klan, it probably would have disappeared as quietly as it was born. But at some point in early 1866, the club added new members from nearby towns and began to have a chilling effect on local blacks....

(more at the link)​
Your source is represented by Democratic Party race baiters, try again...Starting with Jullian Bond, truly one of the greatest race baiters the Democrats have ever produced.

My source (in that case) is supported by some 44 entries in the Bibliography on pp. 57-58.
Like it or lump it.

Hee hee 'like it or lump it', I kill me.

I've got plenty more. Just say the word.

Nah

(more at the link)​

My source (in that case) is supported by some 44 entries in the Bibliography on pp. 57-58.
Like it or lump it.

What is your point? That the Democrat party and the KKK has no connection? Are you seriously lacking that much perspective or understanding of the history of the Civil Rights Era? Bull O'Conner, Lester Maddox, Robert Byrd, Al Gore Sr.---these Democrats were racist. Byrd remained a respected senator until 2000 something, says the N word on national television and yeah, moron, he was a liberal and a F-ing former KKK racist.

There are racist in all races both genders all religions and across the entire political specturm. Racism at it's core is based in hate so unless some here are trying to claim liberals do not possess the emotion of hate which we all do then there are indeed liberal racist. If you want to see examples of liberal racism perhaps you should look at how they treat black conservatives calling them names such as sellout, Uncle Tom, oreo, house I will use the PC term negro,traitor perhaps the left considers those to be terms of endearment the rest of us see them for the racial slurs and insults they are.

Once again -- "Liberal" and "racist" are mutually exclusive. You can't be both at the same time.

Well continue to live in a delusion, that you are morally righteous simply because of a political label you attach to yourself. Meanwhile, the consequences of policies are destroying the black community. You cling to a political party that is in the pocket of teachers union that is blocking meaningful reforms--I know you. I know what you believe, I know how you think. I know leftism very, very well. It's simplistic, emotion-driven (as everyone of your posts on this thread demonstrate well). Atlanta, LA, Chicago, Detroit, NY--keep supporting a party that propagates poverty and despair. You have nothing to contribute.

Did you just post "what's your point"? :rofl:

Learn to read:
Liberals started the kkk

-- which is impossible. And I corrected the record. Which was about Liberals, not "the Democratic Party".

You prolly don't even know the difference. Amirite?

There are racist in all races both genders all religions and across the entire political specturm. Racism at it's core is based in hate so unless some here are trying to claim liberals do not possess the emotion of hate which we all do then there are indeed liberal racist. If you want to see examples of liberal racism perhaps you should look at how they treat black conservatives calling them names such as sellout, Uncle Tom, oreo, house I will use the PC term negro,traitor perhaps the left considers those to be terms of endearment the rest of us see them for the racial slurs and insults they are.

Once again -- "Liberal" and "racist" are mutually exclusive. You can't be both at the same time.

Well continue to live in a delusion, that you are morally righteous simply because of a political label you attach to yourself. Meanwhile, the consequences of policies are destroying the black community. You cling to a political party that is in the pocket of teachers union that is blocking meaningful reforms--I know you. I know what you believe, I know how you think. I know leftism very, very well. It's simplistic, emotion-driven (as everyone of your posts on this thread demonstrate well). Atlanta, LA, Chicago, Detroit, NY--keep supporting a party that propagates poverty and despair. You have nothing to contribute.

Did you just post "what's your point"? :rofl:

Learn to read:
Liberals started the kkk

-- which is impossible. And I corrected the record. Which was about Liberals, not "the Democratic Party". Amirite?

You prolly don't even know the difference.

Troll.

:lmao: You're outta your league Junior. You have no idea of distinction between "Liberal", "Democrat" and "leftist". Complete head-up-the-ass oblivious.

And FYI I don't have a political party. What I have is a penchant for history.

Nah

(more at the link)​

Like it or lump it.

I doubt you can offer up anything trustworthy...Revisionist history has little value to me but you're certainly welcome to gobble it up...I appreciate the laughs.

Why can't you debate the topic? What's the point of attacking me? I made a point that liberals are not racists. ALL minorities vote for liberals. ALL. Does that make me old far leftie? Why? Because cons are racists, that makes me a far left drone?
Nobody in their right mind would engage in such a pigeon hole thread.
You made an accusation accompanied by a conclusion( about conservatives)..Your idea of debate is to coerce those you accuse to defend themselves against the accusation.....
That bullshit isn't going to fly.....
So go shove broken glass up your nose.

That accusation is backed by real life evidence. I clearly provided the evidence to the statement "Liberals are not racists" by saying liberals get support from almost ALL ethnic group. So point 1 is proven.

Point 2: Cons are racists. That point is proven by the fact that many cons use N word and oppose Obama purely on the basis of his skin color. Obama is a conservative, not a liberal. And cons oppose Obama only because of his skin color, not because of his policies. Obamacare is a conservative plan, not a liberal plan.

Thanks for your reply.

Is this some kind of 'performance art' nonsense, or are you really as stupid as you seem?

Nah

(more at the link)​

Like it or lump it.

I doubt you can offer up anything trustworthy...Revisionist history has little value to me but you're certainly welcome to gobble it up...I appreciate the laughs.

That's funny, since you engage in it here constantly, even to the point of claiming the Democratic Party invented the slave trade. Oh, remember that one? :lol:

You've provided zero links. I just gave you one with 44 references. Guess who prevails. :eusa_dance:

:lmao: You're outta your league Junior. You have no idea of distinction between "Liberal", "Democrat" and "leftist". Complete head-up-the-ass oblivious.

Someone losing their cool...:laugh:

Congratulations Google...:beer:

I have wrote over 1,100 words on this thread, and the only retort is "you don't even know what liberal is"--celebrate. You've earned it.

Why can't you debate the topic? What's the point of attacking me? I made a point that liberals are not racists. ALL minorities vote for liberals. ALL. Does that make me old far leftie? Why? Because cons are racists, that makes me a far left drone?
Nobody in their right mind would engage in such a pigeon hole thread.
You made an accusation accompanied by a conclusion( about conservatives)..Your idea of debate is to coerce those you accuse to defend themselves against the accusation.....
That bullshit isn't going to fly.....
So go shove broken glass up your nose.

That accusation is backed by real life evidence. I clearly provided the evidence to the statement "Liberals are not racists" by saying liberals get support from almost ALL ethnic group. So point 1 is proven.

Point 2: Cons are racists. That point is proven by the fact that many cons use N word and oppose Obama purely on the basis of his skin color. Obama is a conservative, not a liberal. And cons oppose Obama only because of his skin color, not because of his policies. Obamacare is a conservative plan, not a liberal plan.

Thanks for your reply.
You've pro en nothing but repeated your own claims.
Proof needs to be presented.
Any real substantial statistics or study results?

Nah

(more at the link)​

Like it or lump it.

That's funny, since you engage in it here constantly, even to the point of claiming the Democratic Party invented the slave trade. Oh, remember that one? :lol:

You've provided zero links. I just gave you one with 44 references. Guess who prevails.
Brainwashing links vs critical though. I'll stick with my critical thought, thanks.

You've lost so often to so many, I feel nothing but pity for you at this point...:cry:

Ronald Reagan and George Bush came out and asked Republicans to vote for the Democrat running against David Duke. I know, he was in the KKK--but he renounced the KKK before running for office. Just like Robert Byrd. Republicans disown racists, Democrats reelect them over and over. Even after they say the N-word on national television. Al Gore in 2000 can sit in front of the NAACP and lie about his father's voting record. You are such a penchant for history, so you already know Al Gore Sr. voted against--filibustered against the civil rights act.

You are such a blind partisan that you cannot admit self-proclaimed liberals are also proven racists.

(more at the link)​

Like it or lump it.

You've provided zero links. I just gave you one with 44 references. Guess who prevails.
Brainwashing links vs critical though. I'll stick with my critical thought, thanks.

You've lost so often to so many, I feel nothing but pity for you at this point...:cry:

Hey, I have no monopoly on actually looking shit up. Anybody can do it. That's why it's so bizarre to watch assclowns like you setting yourselves up like bowling pins.
bowling-smiley.gif

Hey I'm not trying to show you guys up -- but you post such stupid shit that's so easily debunked...

(more at the link)​

Like it or lump it.

Well someone of your stature and intellect--that really means a lot to me. Your posts are just insightful. Really.

Like it or lump it.

Hey, I have no monopoly on actually looking shit up. Anybody can do it. That's why it's so bizarre to watch assclowns like you setting yourselves up like bowling pins.
bowling-smiley.gif

Hey I'm not trying to show you guys up -- but you post such stupid shit that's so easily debunked...

All your posts are this. You haven't addressed a damn point I've made, not one. Redundant. You are a narcissist.

You are such a blind partisan that you cannot admit self-proclaimed liberals are also proven racists.

You can't be both. If you're a racist .... you can't be a Liberal. And vice versa.

I know, he was in the KKK--but he renounced the KKK before running for office.

Don't think so. Link?

Or do you not know what "renounce" means either? :rofl:

I have wrote over 1,100 words on this thread, and the only retort is "you don't even know what liberal is"--celebrate. You've earned it.

Expect a lot of deflections from Pogo. When she deflects she's lost the argument... bottom line.

Forum List

Back