Liberal vs Conservative view of equality

01572f6be10b8ed42ec6621b125774f4.jpg

PicsArt_1356226741855_zps458977f9.jpg

Sometimes it seems so simple

LOL....Pretty funny.
umm, we are NOT equal. We will never be equal.....
The laws of the land deem we receive equal treatment.....After that, we are on our own.
One of the things that makes this country great is the right and ability of each of us to do what we can to overcome our shortcomings.
You people want to take that ability away and place is all under the thumb of government to make sure that no one ever gets ahead of anyone else. \
Now, if there isn't anything else....

The concept is that you help those who need helping. Equality is not giving everyone the same amount of help
Old people may need help that younger people do not. Poor people need more help than the wealthy
No..That is not what you said.
You don't get to move the goal posts.
Your premise is that offering help should be mandatory and accomplished through confiscation.
Assistance ( you call it help as a means to engender sympathy) as your side conceptualizes it is not to lift those at the bottom, but to lower those at the top.
Conservatives= hand up....Liberal/progressives= hand out
Save me your drama

Yes, helping people should be a mandatory function of government Taxes is how We the People find that government. And, no, it is not confiscation
Those at the top have a very, very, very huge threshold before they start to be affected

Contributing to your church so they can buy a new organ that you will enjoy is not the same as contributing to starving families

Most churches in this country give a lot more to starving families than to buying a new organ each month. Your ridiculous bias is only too transparent.

They pay for magnificent buildings, salaries of their pastors, heat, utilities and yes, some goes to starving families. But just as much goes to spreading the faith which doesn't fill your belly

Yes it does. That you can't or won't grasp the concept is merely your prejudice.

No I dont.
Wanna compare charitable contrubutions by conservatives vs liberals? Of course not. It makes you look stupid. Not that you need help there.
More of that bullshit where conservatives contribute to the churches they belong to?

Charity is charity, does it matter what entity receives it?

Romney gave 29.4% of his income to charity in 2011.
Obama gave 21.8% that same year while big hearted Biden gave a whopping 1.5 percent.

Not all charity is created equal.
Contributing to your church so they can buy a new organ that you will enjoy is not the same as contributing to starving families

Romney gives the majority of his charity to the Mormons

Are you saying the only legitimate beneficiary of any charitable activity is the poor. If so, then that eliminates libraries, that eliminates hospitals, that eliminates symphonies and museums. It eliminates churches, it eliminates animal shelters, it eliminates the overwhelming majority of nonprofit organizations in the country if you say the only legitimate charitable giving is if you're giving to somebody that's poor.

The thread is about helping those less fortunate. Just because you donate to a church doesn't mean the less fortunate are benefitting from your charity
The definition of charity is broad. Some help those less fortunate more than others

This thread is about equality and how it's viewed by conservatives and liberals.

FTR how much of your total income is donated to charity?

More of that bullshit where conservatives contribute to the churches they belong to?

Obama gave 21.8% that same year while big hearted Biden gave a whopping 1.5 percent.

Are you saying the only legitimate beneficiary of any charitable activity is the poor. If so, then that eliminates libraries, that eliminates hospitals, that eliminates symphonies and museums. It eliminates churches, it eliminates animal shelters, it eliminates the overwhelming majority of nonprofit organizations in the country if you say the only legitimate charitable giving is if you're giving to somebody that's poor.

The thread is about helping those less fortunate. Just because you donate to a church doesn't mean the less fortunate are benefitting from your charity
The definition of charity is broad. Some help those less fortunate more than others

This thread is about equality and how it's viewed by conservatives and liberals.

Not only do I donate to charity but I save puppies and kittens and have been known to help little old ladies across the street

Last edited:
rightwinger - please add some of your own content to the OP.
That would imply an ability to think and articulate. See my sig line.
Conservatives wouldnt have this problem as the taller kid would volunteer to hold up the small kid.
Liberals would mandate the stadium provide free boxes to stand on.
Of course......because the wealthy are always so willing to help out those less fortunate

Of course......because the wealthy are always so willing to help out those less fortunate

Thanks for this....
There are many Libs here who are always bashing the rich for not helping the less fortunate.
Finally someone from the left recognizes the fact that the wealthy are very generous to those in need.

Not only do I donate to charity but I save puppies and kittens and help little old ladies across the street

Unfortunately not a word you say is believed.

Not only do I donate to charity but I save puppies and kittens and help little old ladies across the street

Pictures do not lie

superheroes-batman-superman-always-helping-old-ladies-never-stopping-crimes.jpg

Pictures do not lie

Pictures can be manipulated.

Conservatives wouldnt have this problem as the taller kid would volunteer to hold up the small kid.
I don't see a lot of conservatives holding up anyone.

Remember how all those conservatives rushed into my house thread to say how they deserve to own all the boxes for themselves?

Here's where I tell you you're fucking stupid.
No I dont.
Wanna compare charitable contrubutions by conservatives vs liberals? Of course not. It makes you look stupid. Not that you need help there.

Yet you back leaders such as Clinton, Kerry, Gore, Biden. Check the level of their charitable contributions the last time they had to disclose and get back to US.

Pictures do not lie

My personal philanthropy is world renowned. Here I am rescuing a cat from a tree

kitty.jpg

Liberals will use any excuse to raise taxes, equality, fairness, a crisis, a windfall and frequently on the poor and middle class. For example gas prices no sooner drop and liberals rush to the trough proposing a gas tax increase.

Pictures do not lie

My personal philanthropy is world renowned. Here I am rescuing a cat from a tree

kitty.jpg

That's not you rescuing that cat. But nice try.

Conservatives are way more charitable than democrats.
Are Conservatives Really More Charitable Or Just More Religious James Peron

But conservatives are ignoring the obvious. Something to notice is in the mention of "tithing... to the church." All the survey did was take IRS data "showing the value of charitable deductions claimed by Americans taxpayers." What the IRS may mean by charitable, and what most people think of as charitable, may not be the same thing.
For instance, a local fundamentalist church may spend the bulk of its resources degrading and attacking other faiths, insulting gay people and leading crusades to strip people of their civil liberties. They may never feed the hungry, clothe the naked, or comfort the afflicted. Yet in IRS terms they are a charity no matter how uncharitable they may be.

Pictures do not lie

kitty.jpg

I've never seen cat skeletons in trees. Makes you wonder why we call out people whose time is better used putting out fires.

But conservatives are ignoring the obvious. Something to notice is in the mention of "tithing... to the church." All the survey did was take IRS data "showing the value of charitable deductions claimed by Americans taxpayers." What the IRS may mean by charitable, and what most people think of as charitable, may not be the same thing.
For instance, a local fundamentalist church may spend the bulk of its resources degrading and attacking other faiths, insulting gay people and leading crusades to strip people of their civil liberties. They may never feed the hungry, clothe the naked, or comfort the afflicted. Yet in IRS terms they are a charity no matter how uncharitable they may be.

And a lot of the charities (and yes, the government) of which liberals approve spend large portions of the donations they receive on themselves.

So democrats don't go to church?

Pictures do not lie

kitty.jpg

That's not you rescuing that cat. But nice try.

Did I ever tell you about the time I was a French model?

Forum List

Back