LIBERAL Trump supporter

183bf2293ac34c08f2021c170217d3b6.gif

For the record I think most libs here claim to be classic liberals...….funny how that is

Well maybe you'll get to know me and discover there really ARE a few (admittedly VERY few) true classic liberals still around. Born in the 50's, grew up in the 60's, graduated high school in '73, and definitely liberal. But NOT a moron leftist/democrat/progressive. I despise Obama and love Trump.
giphy.gif

Being new here I haven't yet figured out how to "fisk" using this board's posting method (i.e. post a portion and respond, post the next portion and respond, and so on.) So it's difficult to follow your rambling post. I mean sheesh, I'm talking about Trump and you bring up Bush, Reagan, WWI & WWII, a bunch of graphs purporting to show how things were before Trump took office, and more. I guess we'll both just have to wait & see how things go in 2018 and forward, won't we?

I'm predicting this November's midterms are going to be a great disappointment for the Trump-haters.

Oh and Moonglow - Love the Monty Python stuff, LOL.

:113:

Oh and I've got to leave for a while. I fully expect by the time I get back there will be plenty of really stupid replies. I'll get to them eventually.
upload_2018-6-18_15-44-55.png

Welcome, Monty Python! Glad to have you aboard. Have a donut.

LOL @ Hossfly.:eusa_angel:

And by the way, I think I need to apologize: I just read the "Posting Guidelines for Introduction Threads" (something I probably should've done before I started this thread), and I see it specifically states:

"We have noticed a lot of negative comments made in the Introduction threads. As stated above, please keep it civil. Remember new people do not know you, or your possible sense of humor, and many times it runs them off before they can even post if we aren't at least polite in the thread.
Always keep that in mind, and let's keep this a friendly place. No Flaming or Derailing. Thanks."

So shame on me. In my very first post I used the phrase "freaking idiot", and in subsequent posts I used "certifiably crazy" and "infantile" and so forth. I now realize this was inappropriate language for an introduction thread. I'm just supposed to introduce myself, maybe tell a little about myself and my political positions. If I'm going to argue with somebody about politics, it's better left for other threads.

Sorry about that. To the poster with whom I've been arguing: If I find I like this site and stick around, I'm sure we'll have plenty of future opportunities to argue. For now I'm going to try to quit arguing in this thread.

That's right, you read right - I'm a liberal, and I'm a Trump supporter. Confused? Don't be. I'm a classic liberal, from before the time when today's leftists turned "liberal" into a dirty word. I absolutely support same-sex marriage and gays in the military.

Has nothing at all to do with 'liberalism'; it's just fashion victimization and lack of education.

I absolutely support universal background checks for firearms purchases.

More of a 'states right' thing, not really anything to with 'classical liberalism'.

I absolutely understand why evolution is legitimate science and belongs in the classroom, and why creationism isn't and doesn't.

So, you don't know anything about science or empiricism. Pretty common for many here, too, so no problem. Still, nothing to do with 'liberalism', except that the 'evolution' superstition is pretty much all political nonsense, true enough.

I absolutely support the legalization of marijuana, even though I don't smoke it myself.

You prefer brownies and the like.

And plenty more. My liberal bonafides are secure.

You don't know what 'liberal' means, so you're in very good company here, so welcome. Trump is a moderate/conservative, with some liberal and leftist social fashions he panders to.

Welcome anyway! Good luck with your Trump support. It's better than being a Democrat traitor and deviant.

Last edited:
LOL @ Hossfly.:eusa_angel:

And by the way, I think I need to apologize: I just read the "Posting Guidelines for Introduction Threads" (something I probably should've done before I started this thread), and I see it specifically states:

"We have noticed a lot of negative comments made in the Introduction threads. As stated above, please keep it civil. Remember new people do not know you, or your possible sense of humor, and many times it runs them off before they can even post if we aren't at least polite in the thread.
Always keep that in mind, and let's keep this a friendly place. No Flaming or Derailing. Thanks."

So shame on me. In my very first post I used the phrase "freaking idiot", and in subsequent posts I used "certifiably crazy" and "infantile" and so forth. I now realize this was inappropriate language for an introduction thread. I'm just supposed to introduce myself, maybe tell a little about myself and my political positions. If I'm going to argue with somebody about politics, it's better left for other threads.

Sorry about that. To the poster with whom I've been arguing: If I find I like this site and stick around, I'm sure we'll have plenty of future opportunities to argue. For now I'm going to try to quit arguing in this thread.

MontyPython

Thanks and welcome to the Twilight Zone.

th

Thanks for the welcome, Leo123 and Hossfly.

Picaro, I have no idea what "point" (if any) you're trying to make, or why you feel it necessary to pretend I "don't know" what classic liberalism is. But in any case I've already decided (and posted just two posts above yours) that I'm going to stop arguing in this thread. I'm sure if I stick around we'll have plenty of chances in the future to argue about what classic liberalism is (and/or isn't.) I hope you can at least agree it bears no resemblance whatsoever to today's leftists/progressives/democrats.

Being new here I haven't yet figured out how to "fisk" using this board's posting method (i.e. post a portion and respond, post the next portion and respond, and so on.) So it's difficult to follow your rambling post. I mean sheesh, I'm talking about Trump and you bring up Bush, Reagan, WWI & WWII, a bunch of graphs purporting to show how things were before Trump took office, and more. I guess we'll both just have to wait & see how things go in 2018 and forward, won't we?

I'm predicting this November's midterms are going to be a great disappointment for the Trump-haters.

Oh and Moonglow - Love the Monty Python stuff, LOL.

:113:
I saw John Cleese in Dallas in April while he was on tour. I have watched Python since the early 1970's and have memorized their entire collection of performances...

Welcome, but as a new member you must bring us a shrubbery.

and I do hope he visits the abortion forum to let us know that every sperm is sacred.

Let the heathen spill theirs
On the dusty ground
God shall make them pay for
Each sperm that can't be found
Oooohhhh, goody. A poster who reads books.
I only have about a thousand books, but they are for decoration..

Welcome, but as a new member you must bring us a shrubbery.

and I do hope he visits the abortion forum to let us know that every sperm is sacred.

Let the heathen spill theirs
On the dusty ground
God shall make them pay for
Each sperm that can't be found
Oooohhhh, goody. A poster who reads books.
I only have about a thousand books, but they are for decoration..
What an odd decoration, considering how long they take to dust.

Forum List

Back