LIBERAL Trump supporter

MontyPython

Rookie
Jun 17, 2018
That's right, you read right - I'm a liberal, and I'm a Trump supporter. Confused? Don't be. I'm a classic liberal, from before the time when today's leftists turned "liberal" into a dirty word. I absolutely support same-sex marriage and gays in the military. I absolutely support universal background checks for firearms purchases. I absolutely understand why evolution is legitimate science and belongs in the classroom, and why creationism isn't and doesn't. I absolutely support the legalization of marijuana, even though I don't smoke it myself. And plenty more. My liberal bonafides are secure.

So why do I support Trump? Because I love my country. Even though I dislike him personally (he's a bombastic loudmouth, a bully, has an incredibly thin skin, gets into ridiculous "twitter wars" over childish disagreements, etc etc etc), there's just no denying the great things he's done for America: The economy is booming, the stock market is booming, consumer confidence is booming. Taxes have been cut. Unemployment has hit record lows. 3 million new jobs in less than 18 months. ISIS is finally being destroyed (as opposed to the "leading from behind" BS from the previous administration.) N. Korea has released those three American hostages and has been brought to the negotiating table on the subject of nukes. And again, plenty more.

Dislike the guy personally as much as you want. I dislike him too. No way in the world I'd ever wanna be his "buddy" or "go out for beers" with him. But if you deny he's doing very well as president, you're a freaking idiot.

Welcome the Trump supporter! :up:

the liberal ...not so much:tongue:

Thanks mdk, skye, and MarathonMike. (And MarathonMike, gotta love the MontyPython reference, LOL.)

Welcome.
As an Independent who supports Trump I can agree with a lot of the OP,
Just be prepared to be labeled a racist, fascist, mysoginist, trumpanzee, wishing to destroy America by those claiming to be liberal here.

Thanks petro. But no sweat, this ain't my first rodeo, LOL. I'm aware that those who hate Trump are uninterested in the truth.

For the record I think most libs here claim to be classic liberals...….funny how that is

For the record I think most libs here claim to be classic liberals...….funny how that is

Well maybe you'll get to know me and discover there really ARE a few (admittedly VERY few) true classic liberals still around. Born in the 50's, grew up in the 60's, graduated high school in '73, and definitely liberal. But NOT a moron leftist/democrat/progressive. I despise Obama and love Trump.

That's right, you read right - I'm a liberal, and I'm a Trump supporter. Confused? Don't be. I'm a classic liberal, from before the time when today's leftists turned "liberal" into a dirty word. I absolutely support same-sex marriage and gays in the military. I absolutely support universal background checks for firearms purchases. I absolutely understand why evolution is legitimate science and belongs in the classroom, and why creationism isn't and doesn't. I absolutely support the legalization of marijuana, even though I don't smoke it myself. And plenty more. My liberal bonafides are secure.

So why do I support Trump? Because I love my country. Even though I dislike him personally (he's a bombastic loudmouth, a bully, has an incredibly thin skin, gets into ridiculous "twitter wars" over childish disagreements, etc etc etc), there's just no denying the great things he's done for America: The economy is booming, the stock market is booming, consumer confidence is booming. Taxes have been cut. Unemployment has hit record lows. 3 million new jobs in less than 18 months. ISIS is finally being destroyed (as opposed to the "leading from behind" BS from the previous administration.) N. Korea has released those three American hostages and has been brought to the negotiating table on the subject of nukes. And again, plenty more.

Dislike the guy personally as much as you want. I dislike him too. No way in the world I'd ever wanna be his "buddy" or "go out for beers" with him. But if you deny he's doing very well as president, you're a freaking idiot.

So you're a liberal who's a conservative? Right.

Hmmm....if a liberal feels this way where do the moderates stand?
Yeah....the midterms will be a disaster for the left.

Hard for a left winger to understand....I know.

Of course your ilk still wonders why the sun always comes up in the east.

The F.F. were both conservative and liberal.

images (56).jpeg images (57).jpeg

Couldn't resist.

Nope, LOL, I'm no conservative. Unless you figure a supporter of same-sex marriage, evolution vs creationism, food stamps & welfare & HUD housing etc, universal background checks for gun purchases, open diplomatic relations with Cuba, HUGE fan of Jon Stewart, HATER of Rush Limbaugh, supporter of legal marijuana, supporter of euthanasia, supporter of taxing rich people at higher percentages, supporter of embryonic stem-cell research, voter for both Jimmy Carter AND Bill Clinton, etc etc etc, somehow qualifies as a "conservative", LOL. In that case, you're certifiably crazy.

Nope, LOL, I'm no conservative. Unless you figure a supporter of same-sex marriage, evolution vs creationism, food stamps & welfare & HUD housing etc, universal background checks for gun purchases, open diplomatic relations with Cuba, HUGE fan of Jon Stewart, HATER of Rush Limbaugh, supporter of legal marijuana, supporter of euthanasia, supporter of taxing rich people at higher percentages, supporter of embryonic stem-cell research, voter for both Jimmy Carter AND Bill Clinton, etc etc etc, somehow qualifies as a "conservative", LOL. In that case, you're certifiably crazy.

As a staunch conservative we aren't all that far off....okay i'm lying.
But we do agree on some points.
Legalize marijauna,I'm fine with birth control,in fact they should hand out the morning after pill like halloween candy.
Other than that we have nothing in common other than our support of Trump.
I was a Cruz supporter and now a happy and surprised Donald supporter.

Legalize marijauna,I'm fine with birth control,in fact they should hand out the morning after pill like halloween candy.

Me, I don't qualify as a "rightwinger" OR a "leftwinger". My guiding light is invariably THE TRUTH. So when the democrat is right, I support the democrat. When the republican is right, I support the republican. That's why I have no alternative but to support Trump.

Me, I don't qualify as a "rightwinger" OR a "leftwinger". My guiding light is invariably THE TRUTH. So when the democrat is right, I support the democrat. When the republican is right, I support the republican. That's why I have no alternative but to support Trump.

At least you're honest.

Oh and I've got to leave for a while. I fully expect by the time I get back there will be plenty of really stupid replies. I'll get to them eventually.

D7rlra1.gif

Forum List

Back