LIBERAL Trump supporter

Welcome, but as a new member you must bring us a shrubbery.

and I do hope he visits the abortion forum to let us know that every sperm is sacred.

Let the heathen spill theirs
On the dusty ground
God shall make them pay for
Each sperm that can't be found
Oooohhhh, goody. A poster who reads books.
I only have about a thousand books, but they are for decoration..
What an odd decoration, considering how long they take to dust.
A vacuum cleaner with a brush attachment works great.

and I do hope he visits the abortion forum to let us know that every sperm is sacred.

Let the heathen spill theirs
On the dusty ground
God shall make them pay for
Each sperm that can't be found
Oooohhhh, goody. A poster who reads books.
I only have about a thousand books, but they are for decoration..
What an odd decoration, considering how long they take to dust.
A vacuum cleaner with a brush attachment works great.
Yes, and tremendous patience. And a benadryl

That's right, you read right - I'm a liberal, and I'm a Trump supporter. Confused? Don't be. I'm a classic liberal, from before the time when today's leftists turned "liberal" into a dirty word. I absolutely support same-sex marriage and gays in the military. I absolutely support universal background checks for firearms purchases. I absolutely understand why evolution is legitimate science and belongs in the classroom, and why creationism isn't and doesn't. I absolutely support the legalization of marijuana, even though I don't smoke it myself. And plenty more. My liberal bonafides are secure.

So why do I support Trump? Because I love my country. Even though I dislike him personally (he's a bombastic loudmouth, a bully, has an incredibly thin skin, gets into ridiculous "twitter wars" over childish disagreements, etc etc etc), there's just no denying the great things he's done for America: The economy is booming, the stock market is booming, consumer confidence is booming. Taxes have been cut. Unemployment has hit record lows. 3 million new jobs in less than 18 months. ISIS is finally being destroyed (as opposed to the "leading from behind" BS from the previous administration.) N. Korea has released those three American hostages and has been brought to the negotiating table on the subject of nukes. And again, plenty more.

Dislike the guy personally as much as you want. I dislike him too. No way in the world I'd ever wanna be his "buddy" or "go out for beers" with him. But if you deny he's doing very well as president, you're a freaking idiot.
You sound intelligent, consistent and fair minded.

I worry you might not last in this forum with problematic traits like those

That's right, you read right - I'm a liberal, and I'm a Trump supporter. Confused? Don't be. I'm a classic liberal, from before the time when today's leftists turned "liberal" into a dirty word. I absolutely support same-sex marriage and gays in the military. I absolutely support universal background checks for firearms purchases. I absolutely understand why evolution is legitimate science and belongs in the classroom, and why creationism isn't and doesn't. I absolutely support the legalization of marijuana, even though I don't smoke it myself. And plenty more. My liberal bonafides are secure.

So why do I support Trump? Because I love my country. Even though I dislike him personally (he's a bombastic loudmouth, a bully, has an incredibly thin skin, gets into ridiculous "twitter wars" over childish disagreements, etc etc etc), there's just no denying the great things he's done for America: The economy is booming, the stock market is booming, consumer confidence is booming. Taxes have been cut. Unemployment has hit record lows. 3 million new jobs in less than 18 months. ISIS is finally being destroyed (as opposed to the "leading from behind" BS from the previous administration.) N. Korea has released those three American hostages and has been brought to the negotiating table on the subject of nukes. And again, plenty more.

Dislike the guy personally as much as you want. I dislike him too. No way in the world I'd ever wanna be his "buddy" or "go out for beers" with him. But if you deny he's doing very well as president, you're a freaking idiot.

He seems impressed with 3 million new jobs in 18 months and a booming stock market. In Obama's final 18 months, 3.79 million new jobs were created, and a rising stock market set many records. Trump continued Obama's policy re Isis. Kim would have met (and made no commitments) with any American President willing to meet with him - the same as with Trump.

There's a disconnect somewhere. Alienating America's allies and cuddling up to dictators is not "doing very well as president".

I think you can count on the faux liberal to stick around.

"Classic liberalism" is an oxymoron - fitting, considering the source. It's an attempt to re-classify liberalism as conservatism.

He seems impressed with 3 million new jobs in 18 months and a booming stock market. In Obama's final 18 months, 3.79 million new jobs were created, and a rising stock market set many records. Trump continued Obama's policy re Isis. Kim would have met (and made no commitments) with any American President willing to meet with him - the same as with Trump.

There's a disconnect somewhere. Alienating America's allies and cuddling up to dictators is not "doing very well as president".

You are manifestly ignorant of the meaning of the term liberal. He said nothing whatsoever in his op that indicated he is this mythical "faux liberal" or "right winger" you are trying to portray.

What is it with you that you assail anybody who isn't about ten steps to the left off Che Guevara as being a "right winger"?

You sound very frightened to me.

Exactly.

He isn't a liberal, faux or otherwise, he's a libertarian, and a conservative one, to boot, but not quite up to speed on political camps, which I find a bit puzzling for a guy allegedly in his 60s. Otherwise, the set of ... facts he marshals as demonstrating the Trumpy's admirable presidencing expose him as one living on a daily dose of Faux with a huge, fatty side of Breitbart, which conditioned him to despise President Obama and adulate the Trumpy, along with assorted blinkered delusions regarding tax cuts, in addition to job growth, and foreign policy, as you noted. Standard fare.

Nothing to see here we haven't seen here before, eh?

You are manifestly ignorant of the meaning of the term liberal. He said nothing whatsoever in his op that indicated he is this mythical "faux liberal" or "right winger" you are trying to portray.

What is it with you that you assail anybody who isn't about ten steps to the left off Che Guevara as being a "right winger"?

That voice is in your head, comrade.

lib·er·al
ˈlib(ə)rəl/
adjective
adjective: liberal
  1. 1.
    open to new behavior or opinions and willing to discard traditional values.
    "they have more liberal views toward marriage and divorce than some people"
    • favorable to or respectful of individual rights and freedoms.
      "liberal citizenship laws"
      synonyms: tolerant, unprejudiced, unbigoted, broad-minded, open-minded, enlightened; More
      permissive, free, free and easy, easygoing, libertarian, indulgent, lenient
      "the values of a liberal society"
      antonyms: narrow-minded, bigoted
    • (in a political context) favoring maximum individual liberty in political and social reform.
      "a liberal democratic state"
      synonyms: progressive, advanced, modern, forward-looking, forward-thinking, progressivist, enlightened, reformist, radical
      "a liberal social agenda"
      antonyms: reactionary, conservative
    • of or characteristic of Liberals or a Liberal Party.
      adjective: Liberal
    • (in the UK) relating to the Liberal Democrat Party.
      "the Liberal leader"
    • Theology
      regarding many traditional beliefs as dispensable, invalidated by modern thought, or liable to change.
  2. 2.
    (of education) concerned mainly with broadening a person's general knowledge and experience, rather than with technical or professional training.
    synonyms: wide-ranging, broad-based, general
    "a liberal education"
  3. 3.
    (especially of an interpretation of a law) broadly construed or understood; not strictly literal or exact.
    "they could have given the 1968 Act a more liberal interpretation"
    synonyms: flexible, broad, loose, rough, free, general, nonliteral, nonspecific, imprecise, vague, indefinite
    "a liberal interpretation of divorce laws"
    antonyms: strict, to the letter
  4. 4.
    given, used, or occurring in generous amounts.
    "liberal amounts of wine had been consumed"
    synonyms: abundant, copious, ample, plentiful, generous, lavish, luxuriant, profuse, considerable, prolific, rich;
    literaryplenteous
    "a liberal coating of paint"
    antonyms: scant
    • (of a person) giving generously.
      "Sam was too liberal with the wine"
      synonyms: generous, openhanded, unsparing, unstinting, ungrudging, lavish, free, munificent, bountiful, beneficent, benevolent, big-hearted, philanthropic, charitable, altruistic, unselfish;
      literarybounteous
      "they were liberal with their cash"
      antonyms: careful, miserly
noun
noun: liberal; plural noun: liberals
a person of liberal views.

That voice is in your head, comrade.

lib·er·al
ˈlib(ə)rəl/
adjective
adjective: liberal
  1. 1.
    open to new behavior or opinions and willing to discard traditional values.
    "they have more liberal views toward marriage and divorce than some people"
    • favorable to or respectful of individual rights and freedoms.
      "liberal citizenship laws"
      synonyms: tolerant, unprejudiced, unbigoted, broad-minded, open-minded, enlightened; More
      permissive, free, free and easy, easygoing, libertarian, indulgent, lenient
      "the values of a liberal society"
      antonyms: narrow-minded, bigoted
    • (in a political context) favoring maximum individual liberty in political and social reform.
      "a liberal democratic state"
      synonyms: progressive, advanced, modern, forward-looking, forward-thinking, progressivist, enlightened, reformist, radical
      "a liberal social agenda"
      antonyms: reactionary, conservative
    • of or characteristic of Liberals or a Liberal Party.
    • (in the UK) relating to the Liberal Democrat Party.
      "the Liberal leader"
    • Theology
      regarding many traditional beliefs as dispensable, invalidated by modern thought, or liable to change.
  2. 2.
    (of education) concerned mainly with broadening a person's general knowledge and experience, rather than with technical or professional training.
    synonyms: wide-ranging, broad-based, general
    "a liberal education"
  3. 3.
    (especially of an interpretation of a law) broadly construed or understood; not strictly literal or exact.
    "they could have given the 1968 Act a more liberal interpretation"
    synonyms: flexible, broad, loose, rough, free, general, nonliteral, nonspecific, imprecise, vague, indefinite
    "a liberal interpretation of divorce laws"
    antonyms: strict, to the letter
  4. 4.
    given, used, or occurring in generous amounts.
    "liberal amounts of wine had been consumed"
    synonyms: abundant, copious, ample, plentiful, generous, lavish, luxuriant, profuse, considerable, prolific, rich;
    literaryplenteous
    "a liberal coating of paint"
    antonyms: scant
    • (of a person) giving generously.
      "Sam was too liberal with the wine"
      synonyms: generous, openhanded, unsparing, unstinting, ungrudging, lavish, free, munificent, bountiful, beneficent, benevolent, big-hearted, philanthropic, charitable, altruistic, unselfish;
      literarybounteous
      "they were liberal with their cash"
      antonyms: careful, miserly
noun
noun: liberal; plural noun: liberals
a person of liberal views.

So, you listed a bunch of traits that describe him a LOT better than they do you.

…...and you think this supports your childish accusations how exactly?

Exactly.

He isn't a liberal, faux or otherwise, he's a libertarian, and a conservative one, to boot, but not quite up to speed on political camps, which I find a bit puzzling for a guy allegedly in his 60s. Otherwise, the set of ... facts he marshals as demonstrating the Trumpy's admirable presidencing expose him as one living on a daily dose of Faux with a huge, fatty side of Breitbart, which conditioned him to despise President Obama and adulate the Trumpy, along with assorted blinkered delusions regarding tax cuts, in addition to job growth, and foreign policy, as you noted. Standard fare.

Nothing to see here we haven't seen here before, eh?
My goodness, you certainly do project a bunch of traits onto him that he has not expressed.

You sound even more fearful than Juaquin.

Welcome, we will see how your infatuation with Trump turns out

Why is it that right wingers are compelled to define "classic liberalism"?

Beats the hell outta me - You'd have to ask a right winger. I take it your definition of "right winger" is somebody who staunchly supports same-sex marriage and gays in the military, universal background checks and waiting periods for firearms purchases, who was delighted when the US finally reopened full diplomatic & trade relations with Cuba, fully supports euthanasia, believes Terry Schiavo's husband did the right thing and those who vilified him were way outta line, supports progressive tax rates, supports legal marijuana for both medical and recreational purposes even though I don't use it myself, supports embryonic stem-cell research, is a huge Jon Stewart fan and despises Limbaugh (and Breitbart, BTW), cheered out loud when that bombastic asshole Bill O'Reilly finally got his comeuppance, can't help rolling my eyes in amusement anytime I run across somebody who still refuses to accept that evolution is an undeniable fact, would never support any effort to cut programs like welfare, food stamps & HUD housing, sees nothing wrong with sex-ed in schools, voted for both Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton, and plenty more.

That's what you call a "right winger"?? You have a very strange definition...

And speaking of definitions, thank you for going to the trouble of posting the definition of "liberal" in a subsequent post. But you failed to point out which specifics don't apply to me. Can you? Will you?

Naw, nothing wrong with Joaquin's definition.

You fell for the Trumpy's preposterous photo-op in Singapore, which alone at least makes you a suspect right-winger, for these critters fall for crowing loudly while carrying a limp stick every time.

While crowing about your respect for science, you have no problem with the Trumpy disregarding and sidelining sciences when they stand in the way of his deleterious policies.

While crowing about your support for abortion, you have no problem with the Trumpy disrespecting women in a way not seen since about the 1950s.

While crowing about your support for SNAP, you have no problem with the Trumpy cutting same.

While you dislike the walking, talking and shitting personality defect that is the Trumpy, you have no problem with that narcissistic megalomaniac undoing the (largely) U.S.-created international order that stands at the root of reigning in the scourge of humankind, that is, war.

Loudly proclaiming your "liberalism", you have no problem with the Trumpy's all-out deregulatory frenzy resulting, quite predictably, in unhealthy living conditions (etc.) and an increasingly ailing population (etc.), no problem with the Trumpy's all-out assault on minority voting, no problem whatsoever with the Trumpy's habitual, compulsive lying...

And on and on it goes.

Because, he's just great at presidencing. You are a right-winger, with some declaratory utterances that look like libertarianism, which don't seem to influence your judgment, posturing as a liberal heartthrob. That, again, is evidence for a compartmentalized brain, which again is a defining characteristic of authoritarians, that is, right-wingers.

The only question that remains unanswered is whether you really don't know who you are - that would point to your suffering of anosognosia, a wide-spread ailment among right-wingers - or whether you are lying on an anonymous chatboard about who you are. In the latter case you definitely are a right-winger.

Naw, nothing wrong with Joaquin's definition.

You fell for the Trumpy's preposterous photo-op in Singapore, which alone at least makes you a suspect right-winger, for these critters fall for crowing loudly while carrying a limp stick every time.

While crowing about your respect for science, you have no problem with the Trumpy disregarding and sidelining sciences when they stand in the way of his deleterious policies.

While crowing about your support for abortion, you have no problem with the Trumpy disrespecting women in a way not seen since about the 1950s.

While crowing about your support for SNAP, you have no problem with the Trumpy cutting same.

While you dislike the walking, talking and shitting personality defect that is the Trumpy, you have no problem with that narcissistic megalomaniac undoing the (largely) U.S.-created international order that stands at the root of reigning in the scourge of humankind, that is, war.

Loudly proclaiming your "liberalism", you have no problem with the Trumpy's all-out deregulatory frenzy resulting, quite predictably, in unhealthy living conditions (etc.) and an increasingly ailing population (etc.), no problem with the Trumpy's all-out assault on minority voting, no problem whatsoever with the Trumpy's habitual, compulsive lying...

And on and on it goes.

Because, he's just great at presidencing. You are a right-winger, with some declaratory utterances that look like libertarianism, which don't seem to influence your judgment, posturing as a liberal heartthrob. That, again, is evidence for a compartmentalized brain, which again is a defining characteristic of authoritarians, that is, right-wingers.

The only question that remains unanswered is whether you really don't know who you are - that would point to your suffering of anosognosia, a wide-spread ailment among right-wingers - or whether you are lying on an anonymous chatboard about who you are. In the latter case you definitely are a right-winger.

He's boldly staking out a liberal position on yesteryear's wedge issues. I didn't see him mention abortion, though I may have missed it. Immigration, healthcare, religious 'freedom' issues, SS funding? Those are missing.

Why is it that right wingers are compelled to define "classic liberalism"?

Beats the hell outta me - You'd have to ask a right winger. I take it your definition of "right winger" is somebody who staunchly supports same-sex marriage and gays in the military, universal background checks and waiting periods for firearms purchases, who was delighted when the US finally reopened full diplomatic & trade relations with Cuba, fully supports euthanasia, believes Terry Schiavo's husband did the right thing and those who vilified him were way outta line, supports progressive tax rates, supports legal marijuana for both medical and recreational purposes even though I don't use it myself, supports embryonic stem-cell research, is a huge Jon Stewart fan and despises Limbaugh (and Breitbart, BTW), cheered out loud when that bombastic asshole Bill O'Reilly finally got his comeuppance, can't help rolling my eyes in amusement anytime I run across somebody who still refuses to accept that evolution is an undeniable fact, would never support any effort to cut programs like welfare, food stamps & HUD housing, sees nothing wrong with sex-ed in schools, voted for both Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton, and plenty more.

And speaking of definitions, thank you for going to the trouble of posting the definition of "liberal" in a subsequent post. But you failed to point out which specifics don't apply to me. Can you? Will you?

It's because I don't take you at face value after you declared 'leftists made liberal a dirty word'. That's the World According to Sean Hannity. The truth is rightwing hatemongers have spent 25 years turning 'liberal' into a dirty word. If you don't know that, you're the idiot.

He's boldly staking out a liberal position on yesteryear's wedge issues. I didn't see him mention abortion, though I may have missed it. Immigration, healthcare, religious 'freedom' issues, SS funding? Those are missing.

You are right, I've been jumping to the conclusion on abortion support based on his support for same-sex marriage, which would align with "keep the state out of what adults do with their body" libertarianism. Apologies...

There's a lot missing, and every item on the list demonstrating the Trumpy's greatness is either a misunderstanding or the Trumpy riding on (despised) President Obama's coattails. Which is a slightly puzzling stance for a "liberal".

LOL. Well sure enough, one runs into people like you on every board. Tell yourselves whatever makes you happy. I notice you mention things like Trump's mistreatment of women (a decade before he ran for prez), but no mention of Bill Clinton's depredations while prez (and before you make even bigger fools of yourselves with the predictable "See! He hates Clinton!", LOL, remember I voted for him. I think he was a very good president. I'm merely pointing out your own lopsided hypocrisy.) Or how about your mentioning of Trump's "habitual compulsive lying", but no mention of Hillary's pathological lying (and again, that's merely another example of your own lopsided hypocrisy, nothing more.) And just for shits & giggles, please explain Trump's "assault on minority voting". But funniest of all was the "authoritarian" comment, ROFL. Could you possibly be more ridiculous? You wanna talk about authoritarians? Can't nobody out-authoritarian today's Democrats! Sheesh, they wanna restrict/regulate/control every aspect of everything.

I obviously have no idea how old (or young) you are. But if you're younger than, say 60, I suppose you can be forgiven for being so clueless about what classical liberalism was. Back in the 60's the liberal mantras were things like "Do your own thing, and leave me alone to do my own thing"....."More government, less freedom"....."If it feels good, do it"...."Free speech for everybody" (i.e. not just those who agree with you, and riot when somebody you don't agree with is scheduled to speak).....in 1971 Graham Nash's biggest hit song included the line "Rules and regulations, who needs them?".....and so on. Today's leftist intrusion into everything, what you're "allowed" to think, "allowed" to say, etc, is pure anathema to true liberalism.

LOL. Well sure enough, one runs into people like you on every board. Tell yourselves whatever makes you happy.

Well, well... I'd add stereotyping to the list of your (typical right-wing) characteristics. Also, no sign of a willingness to learn from your interlocutors, rather LOLing to yourself about not really existing funny.

If you are in it for a real debate, look out for Joaquin. He's among the sharpest you find here, with a handful of others, or two, who can keep up.

In case you'd rather keep missing what evolved since the 1970s, you'll find fellow Trumpletons who always have a pat on the head for one of their own.

Either way, have fun!

Last edited:
Well, well... I'd add stereotyping to the list of your (typical right-wing) characteristics. Also, no sign of a willingness to learn from your interlocutors, rather LOLing to yourself about not really existing funny.

If you are in it for a real debate, look out for Joaquin. He's among the sharpest you find here, with a handful of others, or two, who can keep up.

In case you'd rather keep missing what evolved since the 1970s, you'll find fellow Trumpletons who always have a pat on the head for one of their own.

Either way, have fun!

Funny? You want funny, just look at a post accusing "stereotyping", and yet including comments like "typical right-wing" and "Trumpletons". Hypocrite much? And you may rest assured I have indeed paid careful attention to what has "evolved" on the left since the 1970's (and it ain't pretty), and that's exactly why it's so necessary to emphasize the stark differences between classic liberalism and today's leftists.

As for Joaquin, I hope you're right; I sincerely hope he's sharper than his posts so far have indicated, and that he can keep up. I already know lots of sites where I can have reasonable, objective debate with rightwingers. I came here specifically hoping to find reasonable, objective leftwingers, but have so far been sadly disappointed.

Forum List

Back