LGBT students at BYU want the school to disavow its religious foundation

There is a difference from allowing the Descendants of Cain to be members and abolishing a key belief of the church.
Says you. The mormon church, on the other hand, held it as a key belief that blacks were subhumans. It was doctrine.

Which,of course, is what one would expect from a religion invented by a conman living in the united states in the heyday of slavery.
Actually that teaching was pushed by Brigham Young
Joseph Smith ordained blacks to the Priesthood

There is a difference from allowing the Descendants of Cain to be members and abolishing a key belief of the church.
Says you. The mormon church, on the other hand, held it as a key belief that blacks were subhumans. It was doctrine.

Which,of course, is what one would expect from a religion invented by a conman living in the united states in the heyday of slavery.
Actually that teaching was pushed by Brigham Young
Joseph Smith ordained blacks to the Priesthood
INteresting, thank you for the information.

LDS is not alone in condemning homosexual sodomy. Essentially all major religions teach the same thing.

No "Christian" or member of CJCLDS hates anyone because of their sexual inclinations. Indeed, the vast majority of married men - Christian or not - are inclined to copulate with attractive women who are not their wives on a regular basis.

But sinful ACTS are more than an inclination. We are all commanded to restrain ourselves and not give in to our sinful inclinations and desires.

No one cares who you want to copulate with. In a working career of more than 55 years, I never had occasion to ask a co-worker who they were married to, or what gender that person might be, or who they were living with, or in an intimate relationship with, or who they wanted to fuck. It doesn't come up unless someone forces it to come up.

When you are "openly gay," or are married to another man, you are advertising the fact that you are inclined to engage in homosexual sodomy, and that you do so whenever possible. Again, this goes beyond having homosexual inclinations - which you may be powerless to change. As a result, people who find that BEHAVIOR to be sinful may very well DISCRIMINATE against you. You have chosen to flout your immorality; They may choose to shun you because of it. Deal with it.

If this is the lifestyle you choose, you have an obligation to yourself and everybody else to seek out venues where that lifestyle is welcome. Lord knows there are enough of them. There are college campuses that are theoretically founded in religions that unequivocally condemn homosexual sodomy (e.g., Marquette, Georgetown, Fordham), that have thriving LGBT communities. Go there.

And leave BYU the fuck alone.

An awesome post. Thank you.

Another biased lie.

The LDS doctrine NEVER indicated blacks as "subhuman." They were always considered to be "children of Cain" marked from before their birth as not siding fully with the forces of Christ in the big war of pre-creation.

Another biased lie.

The LDS doctrine NEVER indicated blacks as "subhuman." They were always considered to be "children of Cain" marked from before their birth as not siding fully with the forces of Christ in the big war of pre-creation.

That's not really accurate, either, but it's a lot les wildly inaccurate than what Fort Fun Indiana posted.

And yet the mormon church changed its stance on black people. So, clearly, there is a chance.

Right.

Because, as everyone knows, being black is exactly comparable to being a mentally- and morally-defective sexual pervert.
I was the product of an adulterous relationship
I was adopted by a couple who became a Bishop and eventually a Stake President
I guess it has its merits. LOL

Another biased lie.

Horseshit. They were very specifically referred to as a separate, inferior species by mormons. Sorry dude, you're dead ass wrong.

Again.

Another biased lie.

That's not really accurate, either, but it's a lot les wildly inaccurate than what Fort Fun Indiana posted.
You're wrong, too. As, isn't that adorable. A couple of dead-ass wrong mormon apologists.

No. It wasn't. The doctrine of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has always been as followed:

"For none of these iniquities come of the Lord; for he doeth that which is good among the children of men; and he doeth nothing save it be plain unto the children of men; and he inviteth them all to come unto him and partake of his goodness; and he denieth none that come unto him, black and white, bond and free, male and female; and he remembereth the heathen; and all are alike unto God, both Jew and Gentile." 2 Nephi 26:33

From the early days of the Restoration is was prophesied that the Priesthood would go among all nations and people:

"Although the Church was very small in the beginning, Joseph Smith had a prophetic sense of its grand destiny. Wilford Woodruff recalled that during a priesthood meeting at Kirtland, Ohio, in April 1834, the Prophet tried to awaken the brethren to a realization of the future state of God’s kingdom on earth:

“The Prophet called on all who held the Priesthood to gather into the little log school house they had there. It was a small house, perhaps 14 feet square. But it held the whole of the Priesthood of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints who were then in the town of Kirtland. … When we got together the Prophet called upon the Elders of Israel with him to bear testimony of this work. … When they got through the Prophet said, ‘Brethren, I have been very much edified and instructed in your testimonies here tonight, but I want to say to you before the Lord, that you know no more concerning the destinies of this Church and kingdom than a babe upon its mother’s lap. You don’t comprehend it.’ I was rather surprised. He said, ‘It is only a little handful of Priesthood you see here tonight, but this Church will fill North and South America—it will fill the world.’" Chapter 11: The Organization and Destiny of the True and Living Church

BYU-1250x650.jpg

The gay fascists strike again. As the name of the school proclaims, it’s a bastion of Mormon belief and establishment. That marriage is only between a man and a woman is sacred doctrine, something the church can’t and won’t ever change its beliefs about.

And there is something fishy about this story.

The #RestoreHonor movement, led by a group of students who garnered support after creating an Instagram account (@HonorCodeStories), which went viral, has attracted over 37,000 followers and prompted hundreds of students to submit anonymous stories to the page’s creator.

The problem is that the school’s total enrollment is only 33,517.

Where did the 37,000 signatures come from?

This student-led movement has now resulted in a petition that has garnered over 22,000 signatures and is calling for the university to self-impose a ban on discrimination on the basis sexual orientation and gender identity.

Having grown up in the Mormon Church – it now prefers to be called Latter Day Saints – I know that a large number of students at BYU are members of that church. And, most are “in good standing” and believe that homosexual relationships are sinful. I cannot believe they would sign petitions to change a basic tenet of their faith.

We will see what happens but I doubt the school leaders will succumb to this attack.

More @ Pro-LGBT Group at Brigham Young University Wants to Secularize the School

Sexually confused students are going to find themsevles ousted. Mormons don't typically put up with this sort of bs.

Horseshit. They were very specifically referred to as a separate, inferior species by mormons. Sorry dude, you're dead ass wrong.

You're wrong, too. As, isn't that adorable. A couple of dead-ass wrong mormon apologists.

It's funny how you think you know more about Mormon teachings than actual Mormons do.
If i know more about the history than they do, that just makes them more ignorant than me.

When i label someone an inferior species, is that like calling them subhuman? Yes or no will do.

Forum List

Back