LGBT Staff Won't Serve Christians

If that were the case, then he shouldn't make wedding cakes at all.

Wedding cakes are a Roman Pagan tradition that migrated to Christianity along with dozens of stolen holidays and fake saints that were based on local gods.

I mean, if we really wanted to be traditional, we should do what the Romans did and make the cakes in the shape of sex organs to celebrate fertility.
I think you should get a half a wedding cake to remind you that half your shit will be gone eventually.

Hey what happened to "Bake the Cake"?

I wonder if they would serve a group of Muslims that came in? I'm guessing yes, because that's different.

Since the Metzger Bar and Butchery saw fit to cancel the Christian Ministry group party, I feel they should stop each and every customer seeking entry and ask their religious affiliation and if they consider the customers' religion to be part of a hate group against LGBTQ..etc., bar their entry. Religions against such people: Evangelical Christians, Amish, Orthodox Jews Hasidic Jews, practicing Catholics and practicing Muslims. Basically, your Abrahamic religions. If the customers are Buddhist, Hindu, Atheist, Wiccan, or Animist, they can enter.
If by doing this, their business thrives, then great. if by doing this, their business shrinks and goes under, then also great.

It's the logic used by the other side, plain and simple. That and you can turn beef into pork by snipping it a bit and giving it the proper name.
73k5nv.jpg

Okay, so let's look at why this was different.

The owners cancelled the event after the STAFF refused to serve them. So this wasn't necessarily the owners refusing service, this was the wage slaves refusing work.

Just like they could throw out customers who acted in a lewd or inappropriate manner because they make the staff feel unsafe.

All that said, I suspect this minister has a good case for breach of contract and to collect damages.
The “staff” should have been told by the owners, either do your jobs, or turn in your aprons and collect your pay. The staff have opened the owners up for a very expensive lawsuit.

Again, the minister has solid grounds for a breach of contract lawsuit.
He probably doesn't have grounds for a civil rights lawsuit because the refusal to work was an employee action.
They weren't refused for being "Christian", they were refused for their stance on human rights.
Management has a legal responsibility to not allow its employees to violate the law.

Why would a straight same sex couple get married?

But I agree, there is no problem. And there is no problem with this place refusing to serve the anti gay group.

Sorry, but you are wrong. the LBGT community is doing the same things by refusing service. You want to death threat a certain group don't expect them to want you around them. It thinly falls under Religious protection.

Since the Metzger Bar and Butchery saw fit to cancel the Christian Ministry group party, I feel they should stop each and every customer seeking entry and ask their religious affiliation and if they consider the customers' religion to be part of a hate group against LGBTQ..etc., bar their entry. Religions against such people: Evangelical Christians, Amish, Orthodox Jews Hasidic Jews, practicing Catholics and practicing Muslims. Basically, your Abrahamic religions. If the customers are Buddhist, Hindu, Atheist, Wiccan, or Animist, they can enter.
If by doing this, their business thrives, then great. if by doing this, their business shrinks and goes under, then also great.

Or they could just refund the Hate Group's money, since this wasn't about religion, it was about hate.

You know, there are actually Christians out there who realize that Jesus was about loving your neighbor and not hating gay people.

In 50 years, all the churches will accept gays and try to pretend that admonitions in the bible against homosexuality are like the verses supporting slavery.... not something that is relevant today and we totally don't support that.

The “staff” should have been told by the owners, either do your jobs, or turn in your aprons and collect your pay. The staff have opened the owners up for a very expensive lawsuit.

Possibly. Or the owners can legitimately claim that a labor action made completing the contract impossible. No doubt, they should refund the group's money and there MIGHT be a breach of contract issue here. (Depending on how the contract was worded.)

As far as firing the offending staff members...um, yeah, in this economy? I haven't gone to a restaurant or fast food place that wasn't understaffed or had a help wanted sign up. A mass firing of staff would have been equally problematic for this business.

As far as a public accommedation discrimination, they probably wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

While California protects political affiliation, Virginia does not.

Management has a legal responsibility to not allow its employees to violate the law.

Well, good thing that the employees didn't violate the law, then. The employees, many of whom were LGBTQ, felt threatened by this group. An employee does have the right to refuse to work in a condition they consider unsafe.

My position is what the SC seems to be leaning toward: you should accommodate people but you cannot force messages or artistic endeavors. In other words, you should not put a sign on your door that says, "we do not serve gays" or whatever. But if you do not want to use your time and talents to support gay WEDDINGS, or photograph gay WEDDINGS, you should have that right.

In this case, it would seem the staff was required to serve a Christian EVENT, so the same would apply. They should not have to serve it, by law. But now will the same faction that wanted to force the baker and photographer to work say the same for these servers??? Shouldn't they be FORCED to serve it?

Over to you, Leftists

Do you announce your religion when you go out to dinner? The servers also have rights.

Or they could just refund the Hate Group's money, since this wasn't about religion, it was about hate.

You know, there are actually Christians out there who realize that Jesus was about loving your neighbor and not hating gay people.

In 50 years, all the churches will accept gays and try to pretend that admonitions in the bible against homosexuality are like the verses supporting slavery.... not something that is relevant today and we totally don't support that.

Possibly. Or the owners can legitimately claim that a labor action made completing the contract impossible. No doubt, they should refund the group's money and there MIGHT be a breach of contract issue here. (Depending on how the contract was worded.)

As far as firing the offending staff members...um, yeah, in this economy? I haven't gone to a restaurant or fast food place that wasn't understaffed or had a help wanted sign up. A mass firing of staff would have been equally problematic for this business.

As far as a public accommedation discrimination, they probably wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

While California protects political affiliation, Virginia does not.

Well, good thing that the employees didn't violate the law, then. The employees, many of whom were LGBTQ, felt threatened by this group. An employee does have the right to refuse to work in a condition they consider unsafe.
You actually believe that leadership will be benign and lovable. They are not if they crave power and money. Did Joe in 1973 inwardly believe and enforce that toddlers can get sex change operations?

Sorry, but you are wrong. the LBGT community is doing the same things by refusing service. You want to death threat a certain group don't expect them to want you around them. It thinly falls under Religious protection.

Why don't the Christians find another restaurant where there are no gay servers or chefs?

Waiting to hear from those I know wanted to force the baker to "bake the cake".....

Crickets, of course. They spew hypocrisy like they breathe

There wasn't an issue until after the fact when the baker went on Facebook to brag about how he'd refused the gay couple. His remarks were the baker's idea as a way to increase his business.

You actually believe that leadership will be benign and lovable. They are not if they crave power and money. Did Joe in 1973 inwardly believe and enforce that toddlers can get sex change operations?

Your lies are repulsive.. especially for a "Christian".

Why? That makes no sense at all. Most people of faith aren't out to insult others or condemn them.

Do you mean me or Joe Biden. In 1973, I was 11 years old. So assuming you mean Biden, um, yeah, attitudes HAVE changed on gender transition. No one thinks toddlers should get sex change operations.

Are you off your meds again?

Forum List

Back