LGBT Staff Won't Serve Christians

So, what was your position on the baker that did not want to make a cake for the same sex wedding?

My position is what the SC seems to be leaning toward: you should accommodate people but you cannot force messages or artistic endeavors. In other words, you should not put a sign on your door that says, "we do not serve gays" or whatever. But if you do not want to use your time and talents to support gay WEDDINGS, or photograph gay WEDDINGS, you should have that right.

In this case, it would seem the staff was required to serve a Christian EVENT, so the same would apply. They should not have to serve it, by law. But now will the same faction that wanted to force the baker and photographer to work say the same for these servers??? Shouldn't they be FORCED to serve it?

Over to you, Leftists

My position is what the SC seems to be leaning toward: you should accommodate people but you cannot force messages or artistic endeavors. In other words, you should not put a sign on your door that says, "we do not serve gays" or whatever. But if you do not want to use your time and talents to support gay WEDDINGS, or photograph gay WEDDINGS, you should have that right.

In this case, it would seem the staff was required to serve a Christian EVENT, so the same would apply. They should not have to serve it, by law. But now will the same faction that wanted to force the baker and photographer to work say the same for these servers??? Shouldn't they be FORCED to serve it?

Over to you, Leftists

I personally support both the baker and this restaurant. But I do not think anyone should be forced to serve anyone, period.

Anti-discrimination laws enforced against anyone but the government is actually unconstitutional in my opinion. The Constitution tells the Govt they cannot discriminate, that does not give them the right to push that on to private entities.

I also believe that protected classes violates the equal protection clause.

Good luck finding a leftist that agrees with me

I personally support both the baker and this restaurant. But I do not think anyone should be forced to serve anyone, period.

Anti-discrimination laws enforced against anyone but the government is actually unconstitutional in my opinion. The Constitution tells the Govt they cannot discriminate, that does not give them the right to push that on to private entities.

I also believe that protected classes violates the equal protection clause.

Good luck finding a leftist that agrees with me

I lean much more toward this than not. If the business owner is appalling in his discrimination, one would hope the community would take care of the situation by not frequenting the business.

Hey what happened to "Bake the Cake"?

I wonder if they would serve a group of Muslims that came in? I'm guessing yes, because that's different.

I'm guessing "basic human rights" means they are opposed to gay marriage and abortion.

How does this make any servers "unsafe"? Obvious things are obvious: people simply disagreeing with you does not REALLY make you "unsafe". Offended, hurt feelings is not "unsafe". It's part of life.

Buck up, do your jobs.

Geez. The collapse of Rome is coming for us.

I lean much more toward this than not. If the business owner is appalling in his discrimination, one would hope the community would take care of the situation by not frequenting the business.

Does that make you a leftist then since it is my view and according to you I am the king of leftist.

I wonder if they would serve a group of Muslims that came in? I'm guessing yes, because that's different.

Okay, so let's look at why this was different.

The owners cancelled the event after the STAFF refused to serve them. So this wasn't necessarily the owners refusing service, this was the wage slaves refusing work.

Just like they could throw out customers who acted in a lewd or inappropriate manner because they make the staff feel unsafe.

All that said, I suspect this minister has a good case for breach of contract and to collect damages.

So what if the business decides it doesn't want to support interracial weddings? Should they have that right? What if they want to refuse service to a minority? What if they want to refuse service because your church isn't their church? You see what a can of worms you open here.

What if the staff was predominately black, and the group that wanted to be served was the White Aryan Nation? Should they have the right to refuse.

You kind of have to feel for the manager here. He was given the choice between not serving this customer, or trying to serve the customer and facing a mass employee walkout.

Over to you, Leftists

Again, the major difference was that this was an employee action, not a management action. The manager was happy to take the money from these trolls, until his employees found out who they were and refused to serve them. Any other time in history, the threat of firing would probably have been enough to get people to get into line. But we are at a point where restaurants and banquet halls are having a hard enough finding staff for these menial jobs as it is.

Still, I think the minister has perfectly good cause for breach of contract and damages. Does he have a civil rights suit? Probably not because these were the employees, not the manager. An employee action is kind of like if the Water Main broke or the health department shut you down. It's a circumstance largely beyond your control.

I'm guessing "basic human rights" means they are opposed to gay marriage and abortion.

How does this make any servers "unsafe"? Obvious things are obvious: people simply disagreeing with you does not REALLY make you "unsafe". Offended, hurt feelings is not "unsafe". It's part of life.

Again, we have cases of hate crimes that are committed against gay people all the time. So they would have pretty good reasons to feel unsafe around a bunch of (un)Christian bigots.

Waiting to hear from those I know wanted to force the baker to "bake the cake".....

Crickets, of course. They spew hypocrisy like they breathe

Well you put people who disagree with you on ignore, this is probably why you aren't hearing anything.

But here's the thing. If I went to work tomorrow and told my boss, "I refuse to deal with this vendor because he's a Mormon, and I think Mormons are a deranged cult!" I would probably get fired and rightfully so. So these arguments are usually for the privileged class who own businesses not the wage slaves. Once you've established that anyone can refuse to do their jobs on religious grounds, you can have all sorts of chaos.

1670328359965.png

Last edited:
So, what was your position on the baker that did not want to make a cake for the same sex wedding?

Would the baker make a wedding cake for a same sex couple if that couple was straight? I doubt it.

Would the baker make a wedding cake for an opposite sex couple that were gay. Probably.

I don’t see the problem here.

That is where all this is heading. It’s ok to discriminate against race, religion, gender etc. when you serve the public. You don’t get to have your cake and eat it too.

Although it begs the question, how would you know someone is Christian?

IMO, if the public opposes discrimination, they can boycott and shun since it is likely the court will strike down public accommodation laws.

Christians are using a very thin thread of religion to justify discrimination. Gluttony is a sin, so is adultery, and greed. Will they serve fat people? Marriage is supposed to be a permanent bond in God’s eyes. Will they make cakes for second weddings? The Bible was once used to justify a ban on interracial marriage and discrimination. There is an ugly history here.

Would the baker make a wedding cake for a same sex couple if that couple was straight? I doubt it.

Would the baker make a wedding cake for an opposite sex couple that were gay. Probably.

I don’t see the problem here.

Why would a straight same sex couple get married?

But I agree, there is no problem. And there is no problem with this place refusing to serve the anti gay group.

Forum List

Back