Leyla Pirnie: Why Gun Control Makes Us Less Safe

Terri4Trump

Gold Member
Jun 22, 2019
California
Leyla Pirnie: Why Gun Control Makes Us Less Safe
In the ninth episode of Turning Point USA’s ‘180’ series, Leyla Pirnie convinces us that Gun Control actually makes us LESS safe.

ME: These Turning Point kids are great, the hope for tomorrow

• Banned
Women gun owners launch #NotMeSD movement
Women gun owners launch #NotMeSD movement

SAN DIEGO (KGTV) - Dozens of women gun owners joined in solidarity Friday for the launch of #NotMeSD.

It was created by San Diego County Gun Owners (SDCGO), a political action committee promoting Second Amendment rights.

The initiative aims to empower women with knowledge and choice. The group believes one way to prevent domestic violence and sexual assault is with guns.

“We will stand beside you, we will help you, and if you want to look at owning a gun or just coming out shooting at the range to just feel some empowerment, we're willing to stand right next to you and say how can we help?" said Jill Barto, a SDCGO member.

At the gathering, Barto shared her traumatic story of being sexually assaulted.

"It’s still kind of emotional, but at age 14 I was raped, I was date raped by a boyfriend, it really took a toll on me. I ended up getting pregnant from the rape, and I had my child and raised him, he’s now 37-years-old," said Barto.

She was lucky to find a strong support group, one of them today being SDCGO.

“It gave me a voice, it gave me a voice to say this is what happened to me and I’m not going to be ashamed of it.”

Forum List

Back