Let's Talk About The Choke Hold

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
Another black guy was killed this past weekend.

The dude was drunk and passed out in his car in a Wendy's parking lot, blocking the drive-thru.

When the cops showed up, they spent 40 minutes dealing with him.

40 minutes. That's a long time to tie up two policemen.

The cops were very patient with this guy. And the guy was cooperative during that 40 minutes.

But the second a pair of handcuffs touched his wrists, the dude went crazy. The two cops spent the next several minutes struggling with this guy.

The cops were fit. And yet they could not get this guy under control. He got the better of them despite being drunk.

This is not a reflection on the cops. A maniac can take up to 5 people to subdue him. Especially if you don't allow them to use a choke hold.

If you watch the video of the fight, the cops refrained from using a choke hold on the dude, and he was able to not only get away, he was able to disarm them of their taser. It's just luck that is what they had in their hands for him to take and not a gun.

As I watched, I said to my son, "If they used a choke hold on him, that dude would be alive today."

My son hates the cops. He's had some run-ins with them. :D

But he saw my point.

I've never had an opinion of the choke hold. I know some people have been hurt by choke holds, and I know the rare person has been killed by the choke hold.

But that fight would have been over in seconds if those cops used it. And the dude would be alive.

He would be alive if he didn't put up a fight, too, but that's another discussion.

The dude was drunk and passed out in his car in a Wendy's parking lot, blocking the drive-thru.

The cops were very patient with this guy. And the guy was cooperative during that 40 minutes.

But the second a pair of handcuffs touched his wrists, the dude went crazy. The two cops spent the next several minutes struggling with this guy.

The cops were fit. And yet they could not get this guy under control. He got the better of them despite being drunk.

This is not a reflection on the cops. A maniac can take up to 5 people to subdue him. Especially if you don't allow them to use a choke hold.

If you watch the video of the fight, the cops refrained from using a choke hold on the dude, and he was able to not only get away, he was able to disarm them of their taser. It's just luck that is what they had in their hands for him to take and not a gun.

As I watched, I said to my son, "If they used a choke hold on him, that dude would be alive today."

But he saw my point.

I've never had an opinion of the choke hold. I know some people have been hurt by choke holds, and I know the rare person has been killed by the choke hold.

But that fight would have been over in seconds if those cops used it. And the dude would be alive.

He would be alive if he didn't put up a fight, too, but that's another discussion.

I don't think your opinion is without merit. All this will cost more lives than it will save over the long term.

But he saw my point.

I don't think your opinion is without merit. All this will cost more lives than it will save over the long term.
I don't think so. The choke hold has not killed that many people.

2 in California, I think. I don't know about the rest of the country.

But he saw my point.

Well I hope you aren’t conflating the use of a chokehold and Floyd’s arrest....but okay sure.

But he saw my point.

Well I hope you aren’t conflating the use of a chokehold and Floyd’s arrest....but okay sure.
No, I am not conflating this with Floyd. Floyd was flat out murdered. It is a sickening thing to see that cop still kneeling on Floyd's neck when he was clearly unconscious. It was like the cop ignored the pleas of the bystanders out of spite.

The fact the cop had his hand in his pocket indicates he had no fear of a struggle from Floyd. At all.

Drunk drivers kill people.
This one was passed out in a parking lot at Wendy's.

But yes, they kill people. However, this guy had not. He did not deserve to die.

What gets me is that some fuckwit asshole decided to firebomb the Wendy's over this.

But he saw my point.

I worked as security in bars for thirty years and never had any trouble controlling a drunk.

But yes, they kill people. However, this guy had not. He did not deserve to die.

What gets me is that some fuckwit asshole decided to firebomb the Wendy's over this.
He did not deserve to die unless they couldn't tell if it was the taser or a gun but I don't see him grabbing for a gun but using the taser he was already holding.

But he saw my point.

I worked as security in bars for thirty years and never had any trouble controlling a drunk.
Every try to cuff one who didn't want to be cuffed?

But he saw my point.

There’s a reason the choke hold is the most prized advantage to get in MMA. It takes the fight right out of the toughest combatant.

You’re right. A choke hold would have ended it with everyone alive. Unfortunately that didn’t happen. The good thing that did happen was the rampage was ended before anyone else got hurt.

But he saw my point.

There’s a reason the choke hold is the most prized advantage to get in MMA. It takes the fight right out of the toughest combatant.

You’re right. A choke hold would have ended it with everyone alive. Unfortunately that didn’t happen. The good thing that did happen was the rampage was ended before anyone else got hurt.
Well, it's not like the guy was still behind the wheel, and it's not like the cops didn't know where he lived.

It was a mistake to shoot him, but I understand how the cop's adrenaline was pumping after struggling with the dude and having his taser taken from him. The cop reacted to something being pointed at him while his blood was up.

He did not deserve to die unless they couldn't tell if it was the taser or a gun but I don't see him grabbing for a gun but using the taser he was already holding.
Anyone that takes a cops weapon and uses it deserves to die. So let’s get that bullshit out of the way.

But he saw my point.

Every try to cuff one who didn't want to be cuffed?
No , but I did use the full Nelson to take control.

But he saw my point.

Well, it's not like the guy was still behind the wheel, and it's not like the cops didn't know where he lived.

It was a mistake to shoot him, but I understand how the cop's adrenaline was pumping after struggling with the dude and having his taser taken from him. The cop reacted to something being pointed at him while his blood was up.
I’ve seen some things about this guys rap sheet. Not sure it’s accurate but if it was the cops saw it pop up on their screens during the interaction. Letting him get home could have been worse. Letting him get to anyone’s home or car could have been worse.

Instead it just ended right there. It was a good call and a good shoot.

We might not be having this conversation if Chauvin hadn't been such a dick and if Daniel Pantaleo hadn't decided to violate someone's civil rights.

Forum List

Back