Let's see how far apart we really are on abortion... Step 1

Do you believe in unlimited abortions all the way to 9 months, no restrictions.

• I am a R and I believe there should be no time limits

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I literally said - "if you are independent please vote as to the party yo more identify with ON ABORTION"

I did this in the interest to not have 15 questions.
If it becomes an issue I will certainly add more options in the next question (Step 2)
But please vote closest

My position isn't close to either party who makes it clear they want an all or nothing approach.

I advocate something like this instead,

Legal Abortion to 16 weeks (93% of all abortions) then none with exceptions of Health of Mother (rare) disease/deformities (rare)

Partial Birth is murder.

12 to 16 week time period was the obvious compromise.

But no, we don't compromise like adults any more. It's all or nothing, like spoiled children.
The entire case that the court ruled on called for limits after 15 weeks which required that Roe V wade be ruled unconstitutional....
Keep in mind that no other nation allows unfettered abortions after 15 weeks... Only us... due to a court decision that was unconstitutional made 50 years ago....

Goddammit I fucked up and it looks like I can't change the second answer.

Under Democrat the SECOND OPTION - Should be "I am a D and believe there should NOT be time limits.
Obviously with the fuck up, both answers are the same.
Can a Mod change this?
I would put more detail in the questions, like 1st trimester only 0-14 weeks, or until heartbeat detected. And all the way through until just before delivery etc. Could also include health of the mother (very rare really rare).

No. Unless it involves certain sex-linked genetic diseases.
Roe V Wade means if you are having a girl but want a boy you can abort... CA allows abortions in the 9th month with no apparent health concerns... I'm sorry... that's murder...
But mainly I applaud this ruling because it RvW was unconstitutional and left cowardly politicians off the hook....
This pass the buck to unelected people in black robes way of governing must stop and this ruling does that....

I am betting reasonable people, whether Democrats or Republicans are a lot closer on Abortion than we are told we are.

QUESTION 1 - Do you believe in "unlimited" abortions all the way to 9 months, no restrictions.
In other words - NO TIME LIMITS.
** NOTE*** If you are an independent - please answer as to the party you most identify with on abortion.
I'm neither D nor R.

(Why do you hate independents? We don't deserve poll choices?) :p

I don't identify with either party, I think both parties' positions are nonsensical.

I favor abortion for legitimate medical reasons as determined by an MD. => NOT <= a politician.

I am an R and I have argued long and loud against abortions, BUT the reality is that women are going to get pregnant and for whatever reason do not want to give birth. It is unfortunate that they've put themselves in that predicament in the 1st place, but that's the way it is and I don't believe we should ignore the situation. So, albeit reluctantly I think we ought to allow abortions up to the end of the 1st trimester (13 weeks), which seems to be the consensus among most Americans. I do not support an abortion ban at this time (I live in Texas), I don't like ending human life and the fact that the fetus is still inside the mama does not in my view detract from his/her humanity. But we shouldn't disregard the mother's humanity either; I'd rather see us making every effort to avoid an unwanted pregnancy in the 1st place, and the use of morning after pills.

It wouldn't hurt if we stopped subsidizing unwed mothers BTW.

Overwhelmingly, the opposite happens in the USA. Parents select for girls, at least American parents. Basically, husbands don't care. Wives really want at least one girl.
That doesn't make it right....
Remember this ruling was not so much about abortion as it was fixing a mistake made by the court....
The states need to argue their position and let their citizens decide...
You know.... Democracy.....

I am an R and I have argued long and loud against abortions, BUT the reality is that women are going to get pregnant and for whatever reason do not want to give birth. It is unfortunate that they've put themselves in that predicament in the 1st place, but that's the way it is and I don't believe we should ignore the situation. So, albeit reluctantly I think we ought to allow abortions up to the end of the 1st trimester (13 weeks), which seems to be the consensus among most Americans. I do not support an abortion ban at this time (I live in Texas), I don't like ending human life and the fact that the fetus is still inside the mama does not in my view detract from his/her humanity. But we shouldn't disregard the mother's humanity either; I'd rather see us making every effort to avoid an unwanted pregnancy in the 1st place, and the use of morning after pills.

I would want it at 15 weeks and I say you would like to have it at 10/11 weeks...

13 weeks seems a good compromise... It covers 91% of Abortions today:
1656278257348.png

I would say that the other 9% has a lot who are medical or from exceptions..

I seems reasonable as a start...

I am betting reasonable people, whether Democrats or Republicans are a lot closer on Abortion than we are told we are.

QUESTION 1 - Do you believe in "unlimited" abortions all the way to 9 months, no restrictions.
In other words - NO TIME LIMITS.
** NOTE*** If you are an independent - please answer as to the party you most identify with on abortion.
Only if the mothers life is in danger. Then it’s a life against a life. Your choice is birth control, use it.

A compromise NATIONWIDE is needed. But will NEVER HAPPEN. It is WEDGE ISSUE..........and politicians LOVE WEDGE ISSUES and on this the DNC loves that this came up. The YELLING AND SCREAMING in public is a show. Behind the scenes they are saying Thank God maybe we will not get slaughtered so bad in November.

I like the Mississippi law. 15 weeks. Then an ABORTION BAN in ALL STATES. Unless the mother's life is in danger and done by a REAL DOCTOR. NO LOOP HOLES. And also if the baby would be still born or diseased. AGAIN. NO LOOP HOLES.

It's not that I believe the 15 weeks. I believe life begins before that. However I understand that neither side gets everything it wants in a Compromise. But this country doesn't do Compromise anymore.

If you can't trap it with a condom or the morning after pill, then you better take it to term.

Unless you have a medical excuse.

Convenience is not a medical excuse.
That is essentially what this whole thing is about. They want the convenience of being able to walk across the street to their pro-murder clinic after doing the dance with no pants instead of having to vist a different state.

This isn't about not being able to get an abortion. It's about wanting it done conveniently because they can't be bothered while they avoid the consequences of their own decision at the expense of innocent life.

I would want it at 15 weeks and I say you would like to have it at 10/11 weeks...

13 weeks seems a good compromise... It covers 91% of Abortions today:
View attachment 662636

I would say that the other 9% has a lot who are medical or from exceptions..

I seems reasonable as a start...
I find that reasonable NATIONWIDE. I would agree to an AMENDMENT on this.

Humans are going to act like humans, both men and women. It’s in our nature. Birth control will fail. People will act stupidly. Or a person’s situation might drastically and rapidly change.

My view has changed over the years I’ve been here, in terms of limits, rights and when. I would never agree to an all out ban, I feel my own bodily integrity is more important then what might be growing inside if it comes to that. I also feel none of us are walking in her shoes but we all seem eager to tell her what she has to do and what a slut she is.

Subsidizing unwed mothers….if we have early restrictions and/or bans, then that is something we have to do because

There are two things I read, that are relevant. One is that the claim women get pregnant in order get subsidies for their children, is largely a myth. The other is that system for welfare, is set so as to disincentivize the father from living with his family. If father is with them, they get less money even though the father may hold a low wage job and she may have no job. That seems messed up.

I totally agree with making abortions safe, legal and rare. That means (imo):

Solid, science based sexual education on pregnancy prevention, safe sex, responsibility.

Free birth control and/or tbe pill, the morning after pill, available without a perscription and over the counter.

Help for mothers that goes beyond a pack of diapers and a handful of coupons. Affordable care so she can stay in the workforce or comp,ete her education.

There is more.

I could agree to a federal law on this. But no obstacles to obtaining it within the time period.
Define the obstacles............Only one I've seen is the abortion clinic is required to be State Medical Board Certified to perform. And another stipulation is still an issue with Federal Funding.

Those need to be hashed out. Are you pushing the taxpayers to pay for everything by your objection?

Forum List

Back