Let's Say It >> Democrats = Crime

There is no timeline for treatment, only what the junky is "comfortable" with. Newsflash, junkies are incapable of handling discomfort. If that wasn't true, they'd just get their ass through 3 days of misery and move on. Detoxing from dope is rarely fatal. Happens with alcoholics all the time, most of them don't need special centers for months of treatment to get their shit together.

Hate to tell you, but detoxing from opiates is not quite as easy as you think. And, you said that detoxing is rarely fatal. Hate to tell you, but you're wrong. If a person has been heavily drinking for a long time (over 6 months), and then suddenly stops? They can die from heart attacks. Sorry, but detox can occasionally be dangerous. How do I know? I was a Drug and Alcohol Program Advisor for the Navy the last 8 years of my career, and also did volunteer counselor work at Fall River MA and Newport RI rehabs.

Alcohol detox yes, opiate detox no. Opiate detox is rarely life threatening.

Build opiate detox into a monster it isn't, continue addidng to the problem. 3 days of discomfort, plain and simple. That is the price to escape. The problem is the people being asked to pay that price are in their circumstances because they cannot, specifically, deal with discomfort. Whether thats physical, mental or circumstance, they often struggle with discomfort. Its why they turn to pills in the first place.

So your work "helping" the "victims" prolong their addiction with more opiates (thats all methodone is, biologically) accomplished what? Why do we give unlimited free narcan? Most families would be better off without the burdens and guilt, and the affected children of these "people" get damaged more by the day. The current "treatment" for opiates is to give them their drugs and wait until they "are ready" to kick the habit. The problem is, the nature of physical addiction means you will never be ready to end your havit if you have a continuous, less stigmatized, court applauded, supply of pharma produced heroin.

In your first statement you said that opiate detox isn't dangerous, and then said that alcoholics do it all the time with no problem. I pointed out that detoxification from alcohol can be dangerous, depending on the amount used. You then backed down from your claim on alcohol and now admit it is dangerous.

You also said that detox from opiates is only 3 days. No, it's not, it's more like a week, and if it is done outside of a medical facility, not only can it be dangerous for the person, but it also increases their chances of relapse, which is why opiate addiction is so bad. Read up on it..................

Opiate Withdrawal Timeline | Opioid Withdrawal Symptoms

Opiate drugs, including prescription opioid painkillers and heroin, can produce withdrawal symptoms just hours after the last dose, and the symptoms can last for a week or more. Unassisted withdrawal may not be life-threatening, but it can lead to relapse. Medications and therapy, accessed in medical detox, may make relapse less likely.

Withdrawal symptoms include:

• Nausea
  • Muscle cramping
  • Depression
  • Agitation
  • Anxiety
  • Opiate cravings

As far as what I did at the detox facilities? I was a volunteer counselor, not a medical doctor, so I would have had zero to do with administering methadone. I did do 12 step work with the addicts, as well as was there to help with counseling and helping them figure out why they turned to dope in the first place.

And yeah, you're right, methadone is a crappy detox treatment for addicts. Most of them call methadone "liquid handcuffs", as most kinda replace their opiate addiction with methadone dependency. And, that is why recovery rates for opiate addicts remain in single digits with current treatment.

I was watching VICE channel, and they have a program called "Weediquette", which discusses the various ways that people are using marijuana. In VT, there is a group that is treating opiate addicts with marijuana edibles, smoke, and oils. Why? Because a person coming down from opiates is jittery, nervous, nauseated, and has muscle and joint pain. Know what a really good Indica does? It makes you hungry, calms you down enough so you can sleep, and helps with joint and muscle pain. They have had around a 60 percent success rate with it so far. And the best part? Cannabis is not physically addictive in any way, so when they finally get far enough away from opiates where they don't feel like they will relapse, they can stop marijuana cold turkey if they want.

protesters-who-block-traffic-should-be-arrested-slayer-share-you-13695108.png

I strongly disagree. Protestors who form chains across roads all day lose a day of pay and risk arrest. People who stop for them block traffic. Next time, when you see a line like that ahead of you, gun your engine with the pedal to the floor and watch them scatter. One of two things will happen:
  1. Protestors will learn not to stand in front of traffic blocking big automobiles.
  2. We will run out of protestors.
You left out...

3. You end up like James Fields.

Better alive in prison than a dead protestor on the street, or to have your car surrounded by an angry violent mob to do who knows what. His only mistake was not building up enough speed to punch his way all the way through and keep right on going. Next time, stay on the fucking sidewalk.

I strongly disagree. Protestors who form chains across roads all day lose a day of pay and risk arrest. People who stop for them block traffic. Next time, when you see a line like that ahead of you, gun your engine with the pedal to the floor and watch them scatter. One of two things will happen:
  1. Protestors will learn not to stand in front of traffic blocking big automobiles.
You left out...

Better alive in prison than a dead protestor on the street, or to have your car surrounded by an angry violent mob to do who knows what. His only mistake was not building up enough speed to punch his way all the way through and keep right on going. Next time, stay on the fucking sidewalk.
LOLOL

Leave it to a Birther to promote murder. :cuckoo:

You left out...

LOLOL

LOL. Leave it to a one-pump chump troll who never contributes jack to any thread other than to sit waiting for opportunistic to deride others, to think his opinion is actually relevant to anything. :cuckoo:

You left out...

LOLOL

LOL. Leave it to a one-pump chump troll who never contributes jack to any thread other than to sit waiting for opportunistic to deride others, to think his opinion is actually relevant to anything. :cuckoo:
:boohoo:

Democrats mostly appeal to the smart, and people in need. It just happens to be people in need are more likely to commit crime.
The smart? Why do you claim that? Is it because most of academia is democrat? You do realize that there are people out there who actually work for a living and build our bridges, develop life saving drugs and repair our bodies?
Only 6 percent of scientists are Republicans.Only Six Percent Of Scientists Are Republicans: Pew Poll | HuffPost
Scientists working in academia? You're probably right. I spent my career in private sector science and those that are not conservative are apolitical.
That's a load of nonsense, and quite contrary to the data we have on scientists.

Democrats want criminals to vote because they know most criminals are Democrats.

Democrats have no standards and behave accordingly.

I believe stupid people are Criminals, and Stupid people tend to be less educated an liberal which correlates to them being more likely to commit crimes when their Dem leaders lie to them about the free shit and they have to do anything to survive, so there is the connection .

Criminals come in all types. Smart or stupid, wealthy or destitute, sane or insane, liberal or conservative, it doesn't matter.
Yes there are criminals of all types, races, and classes. Poverty makes people more desperate, and on edge. For these reasons they are more likely to commit crime.

You are a racist Nazi. Poverty causes crime. A persons skin color has no impact on that.
It is a fact that, by far, the most violent crime is committed by Blacks and Hispanics, whether you like it or not.

It's also a fact that most people (of all races) who live in poverty, do not commit crime. So much for your "Poverty causes crime" idea.
Appalachia has many white people, and a fairly high murder rate too.

There is no timeline for treatment, only what the junky is "comfortable" with. Newsflash, junkies are incapable of handling discomfort. If that wasn't true, they'd just get their ass through 3 days of misery and move on. Detoxing from dope is rarely fatal. Happens with alcoholics all the time, most of them don't need special centers for months of treatment to get their shit together.

Hate to tell you, but detoxing from opiates is not quite as easy as you think. And, you said that detoxing is rarely fatal. Hate to tell you, but you're wrong. If a person has been heavily drinking for a long time (over 6 months), and then suddenly stops? They can die from heart attacks. Sorry, but detox can occasionally be dangerous. How do I know? I was a Drug and Alcohol Program Advisor for the Navy the last 8 years of my career, and also did volunteer counselor work at Fall River MA and Newport RI rehabs.

Alcohol detox yes, opiate detox no. Opiate detox is rarely life threatening.

Build opiate detox into a monster it isn't, continue addidng to the problem. 3 days of discomfort, plain and simple. That is the price to escape. The problem is the people being asked to pay that price are in their circumstances because they cannot, specifically, deal with discomfort. Whether thats physical, mental or circumstance, they often struggle with discomfort. Its why they turn to pills in the first place.

So your work "helping" the "victims" prolong their addiction with more opiates (thats all methodone is, biologically) accomplished what? Why do we give unlimited free narcan? Most families would be better off without the burdens and guilt, and the affected children of these "people" get damaged more by the day. The current "treatment" for opiates is to give them their drugs and wait until they "are ready" to kick the habit. The problem is, the nature of physical addiction means you will never be ready to end your havit if you have a continuous, less stigmatized, court applauded, supply of pharma produced heroin.

In your first statement you said that opiate detox isn't dangerous, and then said that alcoholics do it all the time with no problem. I pointed out that detoxification from alcohol can be dangerous, depending on the amount used. You then backed down from your claim on alcohol and now admit it is dangerous.

You also said that detox from opiates is only 3 days. No, it's not, it's more like a week, and if it is done outside of a medical facility, not only can it be dangerous for the person, but it also increases their chances of relapse, which is why opiate addiction is so bad. Read up on it..................

Opiate Withdrawal Timeline | Opioid Withdrawal Symptoms

As far as what I did at the detox facilities? I was a volunteer counselor, not a medical doctor, so I would have had zero to do with administering methadone. I did do 12 step work with the addicts, as well as was there to help with counseling and helping them figure out why they turned to dope in the first place.

And yeah, you're right, methadone is a crappy detox treatment for addicts. Most of them call methadone "liquid handcuffs", as most kinda replace their opiate addiction with methadone dependency. And, that is why recovery rates for opiate addicts remain in single digits with current treatment.

I was watching VICE channel, and they have a program called "Weediquette", which discusses the various ways that people are using marijuana. In VT, there is a group that is treating opiate addicts with marijuana edibles, smoke, and oils. Why? Because a person coming down from opiates is jittery, nervous, nauseated, and has muscle and joint pain. Know what a really good Indica does? It makes you hungry, calms you down enough so you can sleep, and helps with joint and muscle pain. They have had around a 60 percent success rate with it so far. And the best part? Cannabis is not physically addictive in any way, so when they finally get far enough away from opiates where they don't feel like they will relapse, they can stop marijuana cold turkey if they want.

1st post i was likely unclear. Meant ro reference the fact that alcoholics go through their process cold turkay all the time, and that that is the withdrawal that can kill you. I was teying to juxtapose that with the opiate addict, who frequently is given methodone for their issues. I have read many articles which reference methodone as "life saving medicine." Judges, and therefor courts, are buying the notion that methodone is treatment, and has an end in sight. They give junkies hardships against child support for their methodone costs, while telling the sober parent that operating a vehicle on methodone isnt dangerous.

My apologies for attacking "your" work in the area. Didnt mean to come off that way and should have re-read what i wrote (plenty of typos i could have fixed as well).

Democrats mostly appeal to the smart, and people in need. It just happens to be people in need are more likely to commit crime.
/——/ What horseshyt. You libtard clowns pander to violence.
So we have established that the democratic party appeals more to people likely to commit crime, now these must be some of the really smart ones that are attracted to the democratic party as well!

Dream.jpeg
06b680-spelling.jpg
codepinkvaginas.JPG
Screen-Shot-2017-01-23-at-4.25.04-PM.png

The smart? Why do you claim that? Is it because most of academia is democrat? You do realize that there are people out there who actually work for a living and build our bridges, develop life saving drugs and repair our bodies?
Only 6 percent of scientists are Republicans.Only Six Percent Of Scientists Are Republicans: Pew Poll | HuffPost
Scientists working in academia? You're probably right. I spent my career in private sector science and those that are not conservative are apolitical.
That's a load of nonsense, and quite contrary to the data we have on scientists.
We?

The Mayor of Chicago just said Republicans were responsible for the violence in Chicago.

Meanwhile back in reality….Trump flutters like yourself are mailing bombs to people, running over them with their cars, and shooting up Wal*Marts.

Trump supporters crave violence and spread hate. Always.
Highest murder rates are among Democrat blacks, and in cities with Democrat mayors.

Here's the top 10 murder rate cities in US.. All have Democrat mayor.

• #1. St. Louis, Missouri.
  • #2. Baltimore, Maryland.
  • #3. Detroit, Michigan.
  • #4. New Orleans, Louisiana.
  • #5. Birmingham, Alabama.
  • #6. Jackson, Mississippi.
  • #7. Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
  • #8. Hartford, Connecticut.
  • #9. Salinas, California.
  • #10. Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
  • #11. Washington, District Of Columbia.
list of cities by homicide rate - Bing

Ahh a conservative playing the race card. Shocking!

Stating facts, is just that. Stating facts.

"Playing the Race Card" is when you are making an unsupported judgement based on opinion.

I personally do not think that the violence in those cities has anything to do with the color of the skin, but rather the anti-authority anti-police culture.

The number one thing that all those communities have in common, is that they hate the police. We've seen that with marches by the BLM chanting "we want dead cops" and with the recent shoot out, where police were being shot at in front, and being ridiculed and having trash thrown at them from behind.

What is needed most, is what they hate. They need law enforcement. They need drastically more police, doing drastically more police work, and to clean these neighborhoods up. Instead of protesting, they need more people joining the police force, and enforcing law and order.

And then everything in that list will reverse.

Everyone knows that more white people are killed by police, than black people. The difference is only that white people don't defend criminals, and attack the police. When a patrol officer moved in a few doors down from me, and parked his patrol car in the parking lot, I thought that was fantastic. I would love if every neighbor in my area, was a police officer.

And I don't care if the officer is black or not. Or any of my neighbors for that matter. It's not a race issue. It's a cultural issue. We need to get back to respect for authority, honor for the law, and get back to a concept of right and wrong, and the fact there is absolute truth.

Meanwhile back in reality….Trump flutters like yourself are mailing bombs to people, running over them with their cars, and shooting up Wal*Marts.

Trump supporters crave violence and spread hate. Always.
Highest murder rates are among Democrat blacks, and in cities with Democrat mayors.

Here's the top 10 murder rate cities in US.. All have Democrat mayor.

• #1. St. Louis, Missouri.
  • #2. Baltimore, Maryland.
  • #3. Detroit, Michigan.
  • #4. New Orleans, Louisiana.
  • #5. Birmingham, Alabama.
  • #6. Jackson, Mississippi.
  • #7. Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
  • #8. Hartford, Connecticut.
  • #9. Salinas, California.
  • #10. Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
  • #11. Washington, District Of Columbia.
list of cities by homicide rate - Bing

Ahh a conservative playing the race card. Shocking!

Stating facts, is just that. Stating facts.

"Playing the Race Card" is when you are making an unsupported judgement based on opinion.

I personally do not think that the violence in those cities has anything to do with the color of the skin, but rather the anti-authority anti-police culture.

The number one thing that all those communities have in common, is that they hate the police. We've seen that with marches by the BLM chanting "we want dead cops" and with the recent shoot out, where police were being shot at in front, and being ridiculed and having trash thrown at them from behind.

What is needed most, is what they hate. They need law enforcement. They need drastically more police, doing drastically more police work, and to clean these neighborhoods up. Instead of protesting, they need more people joining the police force, and enforcing law and order.

And then everything in that list will reverse.

Everyone knows that more white people are killed by police, than black people. The difference is only that white people don't defend criminals, and attack the police. When a patrol officer moved in a few doors down from me, and parked his patrol car in the parking lot, I thought that was fantastic. I would love if every neighbor in my area, was a police officer.

And I don't care if the officer is black or not. Or any of my neighbors for that matter. It's not a race issue. It's a cultural issue. We need to get back to respect for authority, honor for the law, and get back to a concept of right and wrong, and the fact there is absolute truth.
Exactly. It's a culture problem, not a skin color or cop problem. The left will never admit that fact because they want that vote. It's all about power and keeping it.

Forum List

Back