Lets replace the ACA with Universal healthcare!!!

We already have universal health care. There is virtually no county in America that doesn't have a "free clinic" aka: health department. Every emergency room in the country is subject to indigent care law and cannot refuse a patient on basis of ability to pay. Anyone on disability or public assistance is eligible for Medicaid or Medicare. Just in case someone fell through the cracks... we have over 20,000 various charity organizations, support groups, advocacy agents, etc.

What you want is universal health care coverage like what people get when they have jobs and a legitimate insurance plan. And that is a fantasy that cannot exist because it wouldn't be insurance anymore. Our government can't afford to subsidize a comprehensive health care insurance plan for everyone... we don't have enough rich people to do that. So what you want is something you can't have to address a problem we're already addressing.
You're wrong

Lets replace the ACA with Universal healthcare! Everyone deserves never to have to suffer without healthcare and worry about having their lives destroyed by the debt.

It is the moral choice and it is right. Anyone that calls themselves christian should agree with me.
Universal Health Care: Cheaper and Better | The Agonist
First, public health is cheaper. The Organization of Economic Cooperation and Development studied the health expenses of all member countries – 29 in all including the United States. The median amount of GDP spent on health care of 29 countries has fluctuated between 7.9 and 8.4 for 2000-2003. For 2000-2003, US health expense as a percentage of GDP was 13.1%, 13.8%, 14.6% and 15% respectively – by far the highest total of all countries. Germany was the next most expensive country and their totals for the same years (2000-2003) were 10.6%, 10.8%, 10.9%, 11.1%, respectively. So, as a percentage of GDP basis, the US spends between 34% and 75% more as a percentage of GDP than countries that rely primarily on public funds to provide health service.

The OECD also breaks health expenses down into amount spent per capita. For the last four years (2000-2003), the median per capital expense for 29 OECD countries ranged from $2010 to 2248. Over the same years, the US once again spent more than any other OECD country, with figures for 2000-2003 of $4539, $4888, $5287 and $5635. Over the same time, Switzerland ranked second in per capita expenditures and Germany third. It’s important to notice that the US’s private health care system routinely spends at least twice as much per person than other countries with public health systems.

The fastest way to fix our debt problem is to go from corporate healthcare to universal.
First of all, if you are going to throw the word Christian around, then capitalize it, and no one, save God the Father, can tell anyone what is considered 'moral'.

Secondly, America has the best health care in all of the world. The best doctors come here, mostly to GET PAID. If yall cant see that we are working our way to communism, then I cant help you. I don't mind working like a dog to feed my family, but it burns my ass when I work like a dog, and others have more, who never have done a decent days work in their whole life.

It's like landowners, paying the bills for public schools, and roads, when everyone uses both of those. Yet, some people pay absolutely nothing for the right.

So tell me, how are we going to pay for it, and how much are you willing to lower the quality of healthcare, due to hospitals not making money, and the best doctors going somewhere else to work, or perhaps they will just work on football players, movie stars and the extraordinary rich folks, and occasionally slum, to make themselves feel good once in a while.

Lets replace the ACA with Universal healthcare! Everyone deserves never to have to suffer without healthcare and worry about having their lives destroyed by the debt.

It is the moral choice and it is right. Anyone that calls themselves christian should agree with me.
First, public health is cheaper. The Organization of Economic Cooperation and Development studied the health expenses of all member countries – 29 in all including the United States. The median amount of GDP spent on health care of 29 countries has fluctuated between 7.9 and 8.4 for 2000-2003. For 2000-2003, US health expense as a percentage of GDP was 13.1%, 13.8%, 14.6% and 15% respectively – by far the highest total of all countries. Germany was the next most expensive country and their totals for the same years (2000-2003) were 10.6%, 10.8%, 10.9%, 11.1%, respectively. So, as a percentage of GDP basis, the US spends between 34% and 75% more as a percentage of GDP than countries that rely primarily on public funds to provide health service.

The OECD also breaks health expenses down into amount spent per capita. For the last four years (2000-2003), the median per capital expense for 29 OECD countries ranged from $2010 to 2248. Over the same years, the US once again spent more than any other OECD country, with figures for 2000-2003 of $4539, $4888, $5287 and $5635. Over the same time, Switzerland ranked second in per capita expenditures and Germany third. It’s important to notice that the US’s private health care system routinely spends at least twice as much per person than other countries with public health systems.

The fastest way to fix our debt problem is to go from corporate healthcare to universal.
First of all, if you are going to throw the word Christian around, then capitalize it, and no one, save God the Father, can tell anyone what is considered 'moral'.

Secondly, America has the best health care in all of the world. The best doctors come here, mostly to GET PAID. If yall cant see that we are working our way to communism, then I cant help you. I don't mind working like a dog to feed my family, but it burns my ass when I work like a dog, and others have more, who never have done a decent days work in their whole life.

It's like landowners, paying the bills for public schools, and roads, when everyone uses both of those. Yet, some people pay absolutely nothing for the right.

So tell me, how are we going to pay for it, and how much are you willing to lower the quality of healthcare, due to hospitals not making money, and the best doctors going somewhere else to work, or perhaps they will just work on football players, movie stars and the extraordinary rich folks, and occasionally slum, to make themselves feel good once in a while.
You pay for it through the taxation system. Everybody pays a little and everybody benefits.

Yet, there is unlimited funding for endless military exploits and toys.

Endless military exploits? Where? Show me one place on this planet where we've taken our military and gone to plant our flag in conquest lately? Now you may have a problem with us using our military to wipe out thug terrorists who perpetrate heinous acts of violence on innocent people. If you don't think we need to do that and we should just bury our heads in the sand, just say that.

And yes, our military technology is state of the art and we like it that way. In fact, it's the Federal government's entire purpose for existing in many respects. If not for the need of defending our nation, we could do without any Federal government. You cannot compare the costs of our country upholding it's primary responsibilities with the costs of some pie-in-the-sky nonsense that we cannot afford and isn't authorized anywhere in our constitution.

You pay for it through the taxation system. Everybody pays a little and everybody benefits.
Really? How many illegals are on Obamacare? how many people who don't pay a dime of income tax are on Obamacare?

Not everyone pays, the only way to make everyone pay is the flat tax. You only pay for what you buy, so if you never buy anything, then you wont pay a penny. But, everything is taxed, from rent, to utilities, to food, to comic books, I think you get the picture. If you buy more, you pay more, if you buy less you pay less. The poor will pay less, the rich will pay more.

And no, not everyone benefits, some people never go to the doctor, they are just naturally healthy. My grandmother only saw a doctor once, and it was after she was dead, he pronounced her. She was 92. She delivered 5 children, all with a mid-wife, and she never took her kids to the doctor, my dad turns 70 in May, his oldest sister is 85. So not everyone benefits, they just pay.

LET'S NOT.

A big LETS NOT.

Only a moron would want the Fed Govt in charge of HC for three hundred million Americans.

It would turn into mountains of red tape, regulations and waits.

Nope. Lets not.

Do you mean Single Payer, or the current Medicare/Medicare Advantage/Medicare Supplement system?

Do you know the difference?

It's going to be a big scam. Sorry, I don't have much faith in Trump on this one (at this point). If he gets a symbolic bitch slap or two on Obama, I'll have to settle for that.

Trump's already flipped on Obamacare--there won't be any repeal of it. He can't repeal it. You got Obamcare with a sitting Democrat President and super majorities in both houses. The only way to get rid of it, is with a Republican President and super majorities in both houses, and Republicans aren't anywhere close to that. They lost 6 seats in the house and 2 senate seats last Tuesday. We'll see if Ted Cruz threatens to shut down the government or defund Obamacare now--LOL

So the best they can do is tweek it and hopefully make it more affordable. The mandate stays, everyone is required to purchase medical insurance, pre-existing conditions are covered, and kids being allowed to stay on their parents medical insurance until they're 27 years old will remain.

Trump would be impeached if the mandate stays

Colorado was given a choice to have in state universal health care, and they rejected it soundly.

If you think medical care is expensive now, wait until it's free

Fine, but now we need to deal with the cost side of the equation, which was a primary pitfall of obamacare.

Big pharma, insurance companies, doctors and others going to the bank on the current system, along with their lobbyists, ain't gonna go peacefully.

If we can't figure that out then we haven't figured anything out in terms of how to realistically get everyone insured....

Then again some people work their ass off and get paid pittance and other people do less and get paid much more. But the people who get paid more are more likely to be able to afford the healthcare. Is that fair? That your health can often reflect either the work situation, ie, the rich people make the recession but it's the poor that end up out of a job, and then lose their ability to get healthcare, or your ability to get a well paid job, or something like that? Seems a little unfair to me.

Colorado was given a choice to have in state universal health care, and they rejected it soundly.

Hardly surprising seeing as the people with the money, are the people who have the interest in keeping a system which keeps them rich, and they'll fight tooth and nail to keep it, and spread lies through advertising to keep themselves rich. Wasn't this what Trump supporters wanted to do away with only a week ago? Sure, not they don't care.

Hey Duncecap, just to update you, we won and you lost. We're scrapping Obamacare and restoring free market based solutions.

Hardly surprising seeing as the people with the money, are the people who have the interest in keeping a system which keeps them rich, and they'll fight tooth and nail to keep it, and spread lies through advertising to keep themselves rich. Wasn't this what Trump supporters wanted to do away with only a week ago? Sure, not they don't care.

Actually the people were shown how much it would cost them, and they rejected it. All of these schemes require other people's money to work.

The $$ values needed to fund it were given to the people by ITS SUPPORTERS. Most people chocked at the idea of a 10% payroll tax.

Actually the people were shown how much it would cost them, and they rejected it. All of these schemes require other people's money to work.

The $$ values needed to fund it were given to the people by ITS SUPPORTERS. Most people chocked at the idea of a 10% payroll tax.

Well, some systems work and others don't.

Well, some systems work and others don't.

That one got rejected before it had a chance to fail.

People love getting "free" stuff, but when they see the actual bill, the rightly balk at it.

You are joking..right? That would destroy our economy and our healthcare system....everyone with have healthcare...but the old won't have medical care.....

Forum List

Back