Let’s go on the record for what the House/Senate balance of Power will be after the midterms

55-45 Republican Senate

232 -203 Republican House

38 House races are now solid Republican or leaning republican. Bet we pick up 5-10 seats.

I love it and I hope you are correct.

Why? Are you afraid that the power of the Federal Government will be increased by the Separation of Power?

It's disgusting that so many on the Right fail to comprehend the true father of our Constitution, Charles, Baron de Montesqulue, in his seminal work, Spirit of Laws (1748)***

*** is a treatise on political theory, as well as a pioneering work in comparative law, published in 1748 by Charles de Secondat, Baron de Montesquieu."

The separation of powers allocates power to three separate branches to minimize the possibility of "political tyranny or despotism".

the spirit of the laws 1748 summary - Google Search
Remind us how when YOU lose an election you say things like Disband the EC, disband the Supreme Court.

It’s truly bizarre that more people won’t make a prediction.

I don’t understand this “Gotcha!!” Culture.

Ann Coulter was blasted for saying that Trump would win the election.

Who, among those who chastised her, ever apologized for marginalizing her, when she was 100% correct?

No one...because liberals are inherently whiny cvnts.
Elections are very unpredictable..........tough to gauge the outcome.......don't know who's gonna get the votes out.

Couple of weeks........a new OUTRAGE will occur from the left to engage their base.........don't know what it will be though.

Correct, which is why Fear is creating efforts in Georgia, for example, to suppress the vote.
New laws there caused the fuss in Georgia.............those not voting for a time have to re register........there has been a move to update voter rolls in all the states and Georgia is no exception.................all those removed were primarily people who haven't voted in a couple of cycles which was a new rule..........I believe over 6 million registrations have been done so far and the other 53000 are still out in that equation..............

According to some sources they will be done soon..........for those that have reapplied under the new voter laws there.

The 53,000 need to be allowed to vote, and their vote counted no matter how long it takes for the final result.

Why wasn't the new law completed sooner?

A Republican machination is very likely.

55-45 Republican Senate

38 House races are now solid Republican or leaning republican. Bet we pick up 5-10 seats.

Why? Are you afraid that the power of the Federal Government will be increased by the Separation of Power?

It's disgusting that so many on the Right fail to comprehend the true father of our Constitution, Charles, Baron de Montesqulue, in his seminal work, Spirit of Laws (1748)***

*** is a treatise on political theory, as well as a pioneering work in comparative law, published in 1748 by Charles de Secondat, Baron de Montesquieu."

The separation of powers allocates power to three separate branches to minimize the possibility of "political tyranny or despotism".

Remind us how when YOU lose an election you say things like Disband the EC, disband the Supreme Court.

I've never written anything of the kind (Straw man failure).

I have wondered why the USSC is the only Court not to have a code of ethics. I have not written the EC needs to be repealed, though it does seem to be archaic, anti democratic and the opposite of the intent of the signers of COTUS.

Who, among those who chastised her, ever apologized for marginalizing her, when she was 100% correct?

Elections are very unpredictable..........tough to gauge the outcome.......don't know who's gonna get the votes out.

Couple of weeks........a new OUTRAGE will occur from the left to engage their base.........don't know what it will be though.

Correct, which is why Fear is creating efforts in Georgia, for example, to suppress the vote.
New laws there caused the fuss in Georgia.............those not voting for a time have to re register........there has been a move to update voter rolls in all the states and Georgia is no exception.................all those removed were primarily people who haven't voted in a couple of cycles which was a new rule..........I believe over 6 million registrations have been done so far and the other 53000 are still out in that equation..............

According to some sources they will be done soon..........for those that have reapplied under the new voter laws there.

The 53,000 need to be allowed to vote, and their vote counted no matter how long it takes for the final result.

You would have to ask them........but the law was done quite a while back......How do you know the paper trail problem is one party or the other.......I don't know...........neither do you unless you can show me.

Settle down, skippy,

I want Republicans to have a majority in both sides of Congress because they most closely align with my conservative ideology.

I’d personally love to see the Federal budget cut in half and a national flat tax of 12%, or a national sales tax of about 10% instead of the current tax structure...but that’s just me being specific with my opinions.

Dimms Love vagaries so they can never be called out.

“The rich need to pay their fair share” is nothing but bullshit words making a sentence.

Address me as "Sir" or Mr. Catcher; your opening comment is both offensive and elitist. There is nothing you/ve posted that is special, sagacious or substantive.

Cutting the Federal Budget in half is a very stupid comment. To do so would put hundreds of thousands of working men and women out of work.

It seems macroeconomics* is way beyond your grasp.

*Macroeconomics is the branch of economics that studies the behavior and performance of an economy as a whole. It focuses on the aggregate changes in the economy such as unemployment, growth rate, gross domestic product and inflation.

Grow up and go back to school.
Who da fuck is gonna call you Sir after that snobbish remark.

While it's true there is no way to cut the budget in half..........your snobbish words are worthy of the Snob of the Week award ........Congrats......

Mandatory spending is the Elephant in the room and as more retire from the Boomers it is growing..........It makes cutting very very impossible........with the unfunded Liabilities coming ...........no one will ever stop this train wreck............it can't be paid..............and will tank this country eventually. No politician will ever touch it........and without touching it the cycle will never end............

Paid over 500 billion last year on the interest on the debt alone..........spiked because of the Feds Rate hikes.

I'm not a snob, I treat all people with respect, all that are not bullies, cowards and punks. Those who attack my character while hiding behind a keyboard, get what they deserve.
I saw opposing opinions and your comments on separation of powers..........nothing more to get you panties in a tif...........

Both sides play to win.........but under the Republic no one party ever holds all 3 at the same time.........Advantage is the Dems at the moment.......but it will be close in my opinion...........

You would have to ask them........but the law was done quite a while back......How do you know the paper trail problem is one party or the other.......I don't know...........neither do you unless you can show me.

Georgia sued for placing thousands of voter registrations on hold before election
An Associated Press investigation found that Georgia has 53,000 applicants in limbo, 70 percent of whom are African-American.

Georgia sued for placing thousands of voter registrations on hold before election

An Associated Press investigation found that Georgia has 53,000 applicants in limbo, 70 percent of whom are African-American.

Other side in that article is saying they will be allowed to vote.......that the forms were sloppy.

Did they fill them out properly, and if not seems they are saying that the paper work will be corrected.......reckon we'll see.

Thanks for the link.

55-45 Republican Senate

I have wondered why the USSC is the only Court not to have a code of ethics. I have not written the EC needs to be repealed, though it does seem to be archaic, anti democratic and the opposite of the intent of the signers of COTUS.
Your lefty Buddies sure have. Repeatedly and often.

It’s scary to be specific, I know.

Accountability? Like an angry clown.....scary AF.

Anyone can talk shit, but it’s apparently scary to put your name on it.

I'm going to try and call exact numbers, but Democrats take the House and Republicans hold the Senate.

55-45 Republican Senate

[46-74] Republican losers

View attachment 222592

You need to start looking for a new Avatar because your current one will make you look stupid when Hillary runs in the 2020 election and WINS!!!!!!!

Wait, I have found one for you and I give you permission to use it
And being as good of friends as you are you don't even have to thank me for it.

:)-

Thats 120 senate seats. Did we take 10 more states into the union the last week?

55-45 Republican Senate

I'm not them, it would be nice and appropriate to respond to what I write and not what you and others assume I wrote.

Trump has no mandate, and yet he acts as if he does. I expect the Republican Party will suffer for his arrogant narcissism. The use of the BIG LIE has become more prevalent on this message board since the Blue Wave was first discussed by the press.

Republican voters and Pols are doing nothing to advance their ideas - as if they have any beyond keeping power and control - and are attacking the character of everyone who does not support Trump, crony capitalism and the toxic swamp he has nominated and now surrounds his cabinet.

I'm not them, it would be nice and appropriate to respond to what I write and not what you and others assume I wrote.

Trump has no mandate, and yet he acts as if he does. I expect the Republican Party will suffer for his arrogant narcissism. The use of the BIG LIE has become more prevalent on this message board since the Blue Wave was first discussed by the press.

Republican voters and Pols are doing nothing to advance their ideas - as if they have any beyond keeping power and control - and are attacking the character of everyone who does not support Trump, crony capitalism and the toxic swamp he has nominated and now surrounds his cabinet.
The political correctness of Obama elected Trump

I’m not sure your opinion translates to votes

house of representatives

232 Dem 203 rep - Democratic Party picks up 37 seats

senate
49 Dem 51 rep - Status Quo as then Dems are defending many more seats in red states

Governorships

Democratic Party picks up 7

Last edited:
Specificity is something that seems to be lacking on this board because people are afraid to be called out.

Well, fuck that and let’s all call our shots for the midterms as we would for NFL games.

I got Senate 52-48 and House 218-217, both for pubs.

No need to post why, just put your number and your name on it.
I understand your thinking here [ "put up or shut up"] but you have to understand how gun shy I am due to last election, here were my projections for 2016:
Dems retake congress and senate...hillary wins White House and GOP with trump at the top of the ticket finishes behind Gary Johnson...not bad eh?

Quit arm twisting. Smart people don't want to play your game.

Quit arm twisting. Smart people don't want to play your game.

Understood.

Smart people want to talk without truly knowing what they are talking about.

It’s a very odd thing, typically for liberals, that they refuse to ever be specific.

Forum List

Back