Let's Examine the Claims of Atheists

There are hundreds more.......

"My thoughts are not your thoughts and my ways are not your ways." - Nature's God

Because you misunderstand does not make it wrong. You don't know a fraction of a fraction of reality.

I see no counterpoints to the easy to read bible errors I posted, how come that is always the case when I put Christians on the spot, they either completely ignore it or post an evasive long winded link that doesn't address it.

:cool:

You intentionally misunderstand and misinterpret Bible passages. You put nobody on the spot with your ignorant misunderstanding. Not cool. Your outlandish idea that the universe made itself is preposterous on its face and yet you persist in it.

Your pretense that you are *smarter* than non-atheists is contradicted by your claims, your beliefs, your social and scientific failures, and your personal miseries which are thoroughly documented.

We feel sorry for you and your arrogant brethren. You make your own hell and live in it.
you can interpret the bible many ways
There are very few honest ways to interpret scripture, and the only one valid is with guidance from the Holy Spirit. Now a passage of scripture can have more than one meaning; however, those means don't contradict but enhance each other. I've never been unhappy when following CHRIST. It is when I don't that I find myself at whits end. I cannot imagine life without GOD ----- it cannot be a joyous one...

The honest way YOU should respond is address the post 60 as it is, all of it came from the bible, but you will refuse because that requires critical thinking which Theists can't allow or they would realize there are indeed serious contradiction and impossibilities to overcome. It is the typical response of those who invest heavily in a FAITH because there is no specific evidence that god exist, that is why faith is pushed so hard, it is the way to maintain a delusion.

Since I left religion as being a Deacon in church in 1990, my life became better and happier for it. Have bought Telescopes to enjoyed the Night Sky, Once owned a 25" F5 Obsession Telescope of which I gave THOUSANDS of people free viewing in City Parks and at The Oregon Star Party, now I own an 18* F 4.5 Telescope.

You have no idea what it is like to be free of an old delusion, one that causes many church members to suffer, one where they have been exploited many times over the centuries by the church. They were kept illiterate, serfs for centuries, thus given a bunch of NON biblical based religious practices that required money or you be punished, sometimes with loss of limbs. It is basically a money based racket clothed in beautiful paintings, sculptures and expensive churches (the bible never supports such arrangement) Some pastors charge money for prayers, and request funding to keep their silly local TV show on the air in a saturated Christian public...., why the continual drive to keep people tied to church rituals, when the bible itself doesn't require it.

Cheers.

1. total BULLSHIT--these are like POLLS--they don't ask anywhere NEAR even HALF of the population
2. and that's no proof of god
3.we KNOW the christian nations murdered/robbed and destroyed many people and countries --so that trumps your idiotic POLL
Of course atheist governments have committed many crimes.

The notion of an eternal Universe is logically and mathematically absurd. An actual infinite cannot exist in nature. An infinite regress of causality cannot be traversed to the present

And what does that have to do with atheism?

Nothing? So why do you keep bringing it up?

Nothing?! You're not thinking things through. The imperatives of logic and mathematics tell us that the Universe necessarily began to exist in the finite past, and to hold that it just popped into existence sans a sufficient cause is irrational.

Try discussing what atheists actually believe, instead of your strawmen about what this one atheist you talked to said.

Speaking of straw men. . . .

Once again, I didn't raise any straw men in the first place. I leave that sort of thing to others like you. I merely observed that most of the atheists I've encountered on interactive social media either wittingly and unwittingly deny God's existence. That's all.

I mean, you can find a few religious people who say the universe is eternal, but that doesn't logically lead to a conclusion that religion is wrong.

Truth is not relative! Some beliefs are batshit crazy.

The belief that the Universe is eternal is batshit crazy. An infinite regress of causality cannot be traversed to the present. Whether it be religious or otherwise, any system of thought which holds that the actually infinite exists as anything more than a mathematical concept is dead wrong.

Given that the idea of God objectively exists in and of itself, i.e., given that it imposes itself on the human mind without the human mind willing that it do so,

"Given"?

Oh, that's right. That's how you say "I'm just making something up, and I have no evidence for it, but I still demand you accept it."

If that's not the case, then surely you'll be able to supply some hard evidence to back up your claim there. Please proceed.

Back up what claim, precisely?

I would ask the atheist if he holds that something has always existed given that something does in fact exist rather than nothing.
The christian has no proof there ever has been a time matter or energy has not existed. nor would there be a difference for the secular theist.

So now you're claiming that the absurdity of an actual infinite can exist in nature after all, that an infinite regress of causality can be traversed to the present. Thanks, but no thanks. I'll stick with the proofs of logic and mathematics.
the christian has no proof there ever has been a time matter or energy has not existed. nor would there be a difference for the secular theist.
So now you're claiming that the absurdity of an actual infinite can exist in nature after all, that an infinite regress of causality can be traversed to the present.
the claim is yours and again you offer no proof there has ever been a time matter or energy has not existed or that either are a product of causticity.

or that a regress of physiology would not repeat itself spontaneously without an ending as the same for all the elements of the periodic table.

- there is no regress or progress simply the everlasting.

I would ask the atheist if he holds that something has always existed given that something does in fact exist rather than nothing.
The christian has no proof there ever has been a time matter or energy has not existed. nor would there be a difference for the secular theist.

So now you're claiming that the absurdity of an actual infinite can exist in nature after all, that an infinite regress of causality can be traversed to the present. Thanks, but no thanks. I'll stick with the proofs of logic and mathematics.
the christian has no proof there ever has been a time matter or energy has not existed. nor would there be a difference for the secular theist.
So now you're claiming that the absurdity of an actual infinite can exist in nature after all, that an infinite regress of causality can be traversed to the present.
the claim is yours and again you offer no proof there has ever been a time matter or energy has not existed or that either are a product of causticity.

or that a regress of physiology would not repeat itself spontaneously without an ending as the same for all the elements of the periodic table.

Sorry. I don't speak la-la.

I see that Chem Engineer doesn't have the answers either, but he sure knows how to create embarrassing babble out of thin air:

Genesis
God creates light and separates light from darkness, and day from night, on the first day. Yet he didn't make the light producing objects (the sun and the stars) until the fourth day (1:14-19). 1:3-5

He writes in reply:

You quite incorrectly ASSUME that ONLY the sun and the stars are "light producing objects."

Let's see how you react to your egregious error.

1. Gases and solids can be heated and they glow brightly, such as neon lights, and incandescent lights.
2. Explosions produce light. The Big Bang was such an explosion.
3. Bioluminescence produces light.
4. Plasma produces light.

===========

Genesis Chapter 1 Verse 1-5:

The Beginning
1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.

4 God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness.

5 God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

========

It says that light was DAY and Darkness was NIGHT.

Sun is the only source to make day happen, night is simply the absence of the Sun being to the other side of Earth, darkness always exist by DEFAULT when there is no light generating source around.

Creates LIGHT and separates it from Darkness (remember the bible says god is HOVERING over the waters when he makes light) , no mention of a heating source for gases not mentioned in the first 5 verses. It was three days later when the sun and stars are finally mentioned. You are making things up without evidence...... that is a common Theists tactic.

"Big bang" is an unproved hypothesis, the verse doesn't mention an explosion at all, just light coming into existence. Meanwhile no SOURCE of generating light is mentioned at this point.

"1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth."
That eliminated the big bang theory anyway since the Universe already exist BEFORE he makes light.... :oops-28:

When was the universe created?
"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth." -- Genesis 1:1 Archbishop James Ussher: 22 October 4004 BCE The Universe's birthday party The full chronology :oops-28: :oops-28:

Bioluminescence doesn't exist on day one......, no life created.... :oops-28::oops-28::oops-28: :auiqs.jpg:

No mention of plasma at all in verse one, no gases or electrical energy either..... Really I don't have to go any further since you make things up as you go........

Let's see how you react to your OWN egregious errors.

:cool:

Last edited:
Nothing?! You're not thinking things through. The imperatives of logic and mathematics tell us

And what does any of that have to do with atheism?

It's not a difficult question. Why won't you address it?

I merely observed that most of the atheists I've encountered on interactive social media either wittingly and unwittingly deny God's existence. That's all.

And what does that have to do with your eternal universe fixation?

You've provided no evidence that atheists think the universe is eternal. That's just your weird strawman.

Back up what claim, precisely?

The part I quoted from you and then asked you to back up. It's not complicated. Here, I'll do it again, so you can evade again.

Given that the idea of God objectively exists in and of itself, i.e., given that it imposes itself on the human mind without the human mind willing that it do so,

That's your claim. Back it up, preferably with something more than "BECAUSE I SAY SO!". Demonstrate for us that the idea of God is independent of humans thinking it up.

being sorry is not good enough, learn to read, ask for help or better, leave the thread.
sure that's a little more difficult, spontaneity -
1617109953194.png

for a christian. than their messiah popped the universe into existence. and of course, then it formed - itself.

That's your claim. Back it up, preferably with something more than "BECAUSE I SAY SO!". Demonstrate for us that the idea of God is independent of humans thinking it up.

So you're claiming not to know what the idea of God the Creator is? Do you make it a habit of denying the existence of things you don't understand?

I laugh at you. I do. I open my mouth and peals of laughter come out of my mouth as I laugh at you. I guffaw. I do. I laugh and laugh at you.

You're not to be taken seriously.

Of course atheist governments have committed many crimes.

You mean starving and murdering their own citizens by the millions are crimes?
Lenin, Stalin, Chairman Mao, Pol Pot and even the Adolf Hitler that atheists do headstands to try to lie him into Christianity.

But Christianity is an invention of sick brains: one could imagine nothing more senseless, nor any more indecent way of turning the idea of the Godhead into a mockery. – Adolf Hitler

“In Hitler’s eyes Christianity was a religion fit only for slaves,” wrote Alan Bullock “Hitler, A Study in Tyranny,” a seminal biography. “Its teaching, he declared, was a rebellion against the natural law of selection by struggle of the fittest.”

So you're claiming not to know what the idea of God the Creator is?

I gave you a simple challenge, and you keep finding whiny ways to avoid it. I think everyone correctly takes that as your admission that you're just making crap up.

Do you make it a habit of denying the existence of things you don't understand?

I make a habit of humiliating arrogant dishonest cowards. If you were just a garden-variety moron, I'd leave you alone, but your belligerent arrogant stupidity demands a response.

Now, for the third time, I'll ask you to back up your claim that the idea of God is independent of humans thinking it up. You know, what you wrote here, as the basis of your claim that atheism is irrational.

And for the third time, you'll whimper and run. It's what you do. It's all you do here.

If you can't back up your claims, why not just admit it? It's not like you're fooling anyone with your evasions.

You mean starving and murdering their own citizens by the millions are crimes?

Check it out. He's still pushing the big lie that Hitler wasn't Christian. The poor guy really scrapes bottom looking for reasons to hate atheists.

ChemEngineer, why spend your life looking for reasons to hate? If someone constantly looks for such reasons, they'll always find them. And then they'll end up like ... you.

I gave you a simple challenge, and you keep finding whiny ways to avoid it. I think everyone correctly takes that as your admission that you're just making crap up.

I make a habit of humiliating arrogant dishonest cowards. If you were just a garden-variety moron, I'd leave you alone, but your belligerent arrogant stupidity demands a response.

Now, for the third time, I'll ask you to back up your claim that the idea of God is independent of humans thinking it up. You know, what you wrote here, as the basis of your claim that atheism is irrational.

And for the third time, you'll whimper and run. It's what you do. It's all you do here.

If you can't back up your claims, why not just admit it? It's not like you're fooling anyone with your evasions.

I continue to laugh at your silly ass. I do. You're a rank imbecile, a droolin' 'tard, indeed, a witless slowslope of a toe-jam-funk-smellin' street whore. Now you step out of that puddle of soiled panties, wipe the semen from your chin, wash yourself and put on a decent dress. Check?

I continue to laugh at your silly ass. I do. You're a rank imbecile, a droolin' 'tard, indeed, a witless slowslope of a toe-jam-funk-smellin' street whore. Now you step out of that puddle of soiled panties, wipe the semen from your chin, wash yourself and put on a decent dress. Check?
ringtone, is the above worse or better than a materialist ...

and even the Adolf Hitler that atheists do headstands to try to lie him into Christianity.
liar -

1617156936092.png

everything about christian germany during that time culminated in the rise of hitler and were their most ardent supporters. the same as all the centuries preceding from the 4th to the present day - for christians.

I continue to laugh at your silly ass.

Geez dude, everyone gets it, so there's no need to keep hammering on your point. You made up some stupid crap, you got called on it, and now you're blubbering helplessly. Please stop. You're making everyone else cringe in sympathetic embarrassment.

Now, let's watch you run away again, because that never gets old.

For the fourth time, I'll ask you to back up your claim that the idea of God is independent of humans thinking it up.

And for the fourth time, you'll cry and run, leaving a trail of piddle behind you. It's what you do. It's all you do, ever.

I woke up this morning to another epiphany.
Atheists, like so many Leftists, can best be described by their unmitigated gall of fatuous insouciance. They think, and pretend, that they have all the answers. They're their own god.

They worship "science" without acknowledging that it is God's Creation.
Their claims of science having a "self-correcting mechanism" reflects their profound ignorance that this is only trial and error, practiced by every living thing, from animals to plants. Tip over a potted plant, and it begins growing upward, using its "self-correcting mechanism." Science in plants. Who knew? Not atheists, that's for sure.

Last edited:
Atheists, like so many Leftists, --

There are plenty of conservative atheists.

... can best be described by their fatuous insouciance arising from unmitigated gall. They think, and pretend, that they have all the answers. They're their own god.

Their claims of science having a "self-correcting mechanism" reflects their profound ignorance that this is only trial and error, practiced by every living thing, from animals to plants. Tip over a potted plant, and it begins growing upward, using its "self-correcting mechanism." Science in plants. Who knew? Not atheists, that's for sure.

Again, that's largely a false stereotype. You're generalizing the behavior of online blowhards to all atheists.

Post #1: One reason why atheists marry less may be because Freud, et al, thought that the female who aligns herself with the christian trinity has two choices: ecstatic melancholy or living her life thinking of herself as a male homosexual. Perhaps Theo was trying to put in check her lesbian tendencies?

Atheists, like so many Leftists, can best be described by their fatuous insouciance arising from unmitigated gall. They think, and pretend, that they have all the answers. They're their own god.

This is not a correct epiphany about the majority of atheists. Children who are given the information that God created the world and everything in it with a magic poof are not going to be happy when science tells a different, truer story. After all, isn't God the highest truth? No person of faith should back away from truth. We also teach children the value of prayer, and once again, associate it with magic--poof! and it happens. A miracle.

God Is. Creation is wonderful. As is prayer. If we want children to grow up believing in God, then we have to stop teaching the magic of God and teach the reality of God in a very down-to-earth way.

Atheists do not believe they are God. The good ones are very independent people, depending on themselves--not prayer or God--to help others. This should remind all believers the goodness of God's creation and atheists are very much a part of God's creation.

#15 is full of it.

’Humans feel the need to make sense of their real experience of valuing and being-valued, and automatically make abductive “guesses” that shape their engagements....it’s all too easy to fall back onto the default guess: supernatural agents are watching our group. Or, a version of this guess complicated by the emergencies of the west Asian axil age: an infinite supernatural Agent has revealed a Plan that affects all human groups, enjoyable participation in which requires ritual engagement with Christ. In any version, the doctrine of the Incarnation is anthropomorphically promiscuous. It identifies the
“cause” of ambiguous phenomena we call “the world” as an Entity that is (intentional [italics]) in some sense. The idea that the Word becomes flesh presupposes the priority of intentionality (Logos) over flesh.’
(Shults, Iconoclastic Theology: Gilles Deleuze and the Secretion of Atheism)

Theologians are the arrogant c.u.n.t.s. who try to make a monkey out of you. Indeed, the beta male chimp will hide behind a rock when copulating with a female, and the perennial investigative Question of the CIA is always already intimately linked to the concept of intent.

Forum List

Back