Let’s chat about the atheist religion.

Why did he wait if not to give us an excuse to believe it was not an intelligence but time and natural selection?
You’ll have to ask him. I suspect if you ask him he will say he was always here waiting for you to come to him.

I mean don’t you think it is illogical for you to expect the creator of existence to come to you. The creator who willed space and time into existence from nothing should come to you? Why? For what purpose?
Waiting for me or hiding from me?

I think if he takes it upon himself to judge me, he takes it upon himself to inform me of the rules of the judgement.

The energy which created the matter was created once. You need to start with sub atomic particles first because that was what created first. The sub atomic particles quickly formed into hydrogen and helium. So all atoms that existed immediately after the Big Bang existed as hydrogen and helium. All the other elements were fused during supernovas.

So you learned something new. Right?
How could you know how many times the energy that created matter was itself created? We can turn energy into matter and matter into energy, so which came first the chicken or the egg?

I didn't learn about the evolution you mentioned. If ice becomes water, it hasn't evolved has it?
You aren’t following. All matter that you see started off as energy. You know that famous equation by Einstein. That equation established the equivalence of energy and matter. It was only created once. ~14 billion years ago. Since that time it had only changed form. So you have made a false assumption. You assumed changing form is the same thing as being created.

Water to ice or vice verse is a change of state which is a thermodynamic process where heat flows from higher energy to lower energy. There are no thermodynamic processes which are 100% efficient. This is entropy. The system becomes more disordered because useable energy was lost to the system during the transaction.

Last edited:
Why did he wait if not to give us an excuse to believe it was not an intelligence but time and natural selection?
You’ll have to ask him. I suspect if you ask him he will say he was always here waiting for you to come to him.

I mean don’t you think it is illogical for you to expect the creator of existence to come to you. The creator who willed space and time into existence from nothing should come to you? Why? For what purpose?
Waiting for me or hiding from me?

I think if he takes it upon himself to judge me, he takes it upon himself to inform me of the rules of the judgement.
You seem really hung up on your judgement.

You aren’t following. All matter that you see started off as energy. You know that famous equation by Einstein. That equation established the equivalence of energy and matter. It was only created once. ~14 billion years ago. Since that time it had only changed form. So you have made a false assumption. You assumed changing form is the same thing as being created.
I think you are making assumptions of your own. You said "All matter that you see started off as energy" when you could just as easily have said the "All energy that you see started off as matter".

Nutball logic:

1) Something cannot come from nothing
2) except god. God came from nothing.
3) everything came from god

Therefore, everything came from nothing.

It makes sense, if you don't think about it.
I always like this one

Half a loaf is better than nothing
Nothing is better than god

Therefore a half a loaf is better than god

Nutball logic:

I always like this one

Except, having NOTHING is not the same as having GOD. And certainly having a loaf of poisoned bread (either a full loaf or half), is not to be desired. However, GOD can reveal the danger....

I think you are making assumptions of your own. You said "All matter that you see started off as energy" when you could just as easily have said the "All energy that you see started off as matter".
Lol, these aren’t my assumptions. This is the science.

You can say that all energy started off as matter but then you would need to distinguish sub atomic particles and sub atomic anti-particles as matter when these particles can’t stay in this state for very long without forming atoms of hydrogen and helium. So it would seem that the more appropriate way of looking at this is to say all matter started off as energy in a subatomic state and quickly evolved into hydrogen and helium whereby the hydrogen and helium began forming cosmic structures which then produced through fusion all the other elements and compounds in the universe.

But if you want to blur the distinction between energy and matter to dismiss the evolution of space and time from energy to beings that know and create then be my guest.

Nutball logic:

I always like this one

Except, having NOTHING is not the same as having GOD. And certainly having a loaf of poisoned bread (either a full loaf or half), is not to be desired. However, GOD can reveal the danger....

It was a bit of false logic meant to be humorous

You can say that all energy started off as matter but then you would need to distinguish sub atomic particles and sub atomic anti-particles as matter when these particles can’t stay in this state for very long without forming atoms of hydrogen and helium. So it would seem that the more appropriate way of looking at this is to say all matter started off as energy in a subatomic state and quickly evolved into hydrogen and helium whereby the hydrogen and helium began forming cosmic structures which then produced through fusion all the other elements and compounds in the universe.

But if you want to blur the distinction between energy and matter to dismiss the evolution of space and time from energy to beings that know and create then be my guest.
This is outside of my comfort zone but I thought if you started with sub atomic particles and sub atomic anti-particles you get warp drive (energy).

This is outside of my comfort zone but I thought if you started with sub atomic particles and sub atomic anti-particles you get warp drive (energy).
there is a massive release of energy which propelled the expansion but I don’t think it can cause matter to approach the speed of light.

Let’s chat about the atheist religion.

Believers in the mainstream god religions often denigrate and discriminate against atheists, non-believers and rival religions on moral grounds. Godless mean without a moral sense to them.

I seek a solution to this problem, as the godless, statistically speaking, seem more moral, law abiding and peaceful than traditional mainstream religious believers who, ironically, claim a superior moral position, while having an inferior one. Statistics are quite clear on this.

As a Gnostic Christian, I get it from both sides. From believers who see me as an atheist and from atheists who see me as a believer. Both sides are wrong, given that Gnostic Christians are esoteric ecumenist and free-thinking naturalist, --- who hold no supernatural beliefs, --- regardless of the lies put into history by the inquisitors who decimated us, --- but never annihilated us. We are a religion of perpetual seekers of knowledge and wisdom, who raise the bar of excellence whenever we think we have the best ideological position.

This prevents the idol worshiping of the immoral gods, that the mainstream religions are prone to follow. This makes Gnostic Christianity a superior ideology. Perhaps this open-mindedness explains the hate towards us from god believers, as well as towards atheists and other non-believers that believers target.

Solutions to this endless denigration and discrimination are hard to come by, given that governments are not promoting any kind of dialog between the various religions and non-believers and allow religions to continue promoting vile homophobic and misogynous teachings.

To my way of thinking, be you following a theology and named god, a philosophy of a named philosopher, a religion that puts man above god and focuses on knowledge and wisdom like mine, a political tribe like Democrats and Republican, statism or any other thinking system, --- all groups named are following an ideology, --- and can thus be seem and described as a religion.

It is thus proper English to call atheism a religion. In fact, given the stats, atheism is a more moral religion than most. I am thinking that if all atheist proudly took on the religion label, --- as their atheist churches are doing, --- more god believing religionist would likely opt for atheism as their religion so as to improve their moral sense.

Take your deserved bow my atheist friends. You are now second only to my own Gnostic Christianity. We Gnostic Christian did what I advise here before the inquisitors got to us and that may be why we were known as the only good Christians.

Regards
DL

For this reason, I have become a Norse Pagan.

I now wear the mjolnir.

I celebrate Tyr's Day (or Tuesday, as we know it).

I celebrate Odin's Day (Wednesday or Woden's Day, the original spelling of Odin).

I celebrate Thor's Day (or Thursday as we now call it).

And I celebrate Frigg's Day ( or Friday).

I believe that we should kill all commies or die trying and got to Valhalla.

Except, having NOTHING is not the same as having GOD.
Says you. I say they ARE the same. Oops, and there is no way to tell who is correct. Hint number one that gods are absurd concepts.
You mean besides outcomes?
Ding, if you have a point to make, use your big boy words and make it.
The point was already made.

It is outcomes which determine truth because eventually error will fail. Just like you.

I have always found it odd that people like ding are so embarrassed of their faith, that they embarrass themselves with lengthy dog and pony shows to try to convince themselves it isn't actually faith. How frustrating that must be for them. It must ne like being an addict and being ashamed of your addiction, but you can't stop it. So you try to rationalize it into something else.

"Just a little pick me up"

"I am not an alcoholic, because i don't drink before noon"
"There is evidence for magical sky daddies. I believe because of evidence!"

All the same thing....

Forum List

Back