Let's address the REAL issue.

The real issue is; Why do these shootings take place?

Possible reasons:

1. Our society in general.
2. Our culture of violence.
3. Our culture of entitlement.
4. Drugging kids.
5. Drugging adults.
6. The media.
7. Mishandling of the mentally ill.
8. Disenfranchizement.

Where are these lunatics coming from? How many more are out there?

does culture of violence include people who think they live in the wild west and want to go in, guns blazing, and kill all the bad guys?

if it does, then i'll say the culture of violence is a part of the problem.
number 3, number 3, number 4, nuimber 5, number 6, and number 8 are irrelevant.

now add... bullying.... (maybe not in this case, i don't know... but generally), lack of support systems for kids who don't fit the mold...

but you can't kill 26 people in minutes with a pocket knife or a normal handgun.

Hey idiot, there are a dozen threads on gun control already, take that stupidity somewhere else. This is a discussion on "why", guns are about "how". If that isn't too difficult for you to handle and you want to contribute, fine. Otherwise take your gun control nonsense to the appropriate thread.

Don't post if you don't want responses except from your fellow wackjobs

*shrug*

But thanks for reinforcing what a loser you are

Possible reasons:

4. Drugging kids.
5. Drugging adults.
6. The media.
8. Disenfranchizement.

I'm guessin' the percentage (of them) is no different than in the early days/Old West, when they were called gun-fighters. We just have a larger population, presently.

About the (only) up-side, back then, would have been.....when a gun-fighter was confronted by some loud-mouthed Teabagger-type....we'd have had one less Teabagger.

No, it's there. It's number 3.

Yet, these types of incidents occur at a much lower rate in Western Europe and Japan.

True that, and we need to look at why.

One reason is because WE and Japan don't have guns floating around everywhere. It's not that complicated. The human penchant for emotional excess (a blind rage, for example) passes without any real way to lash out at others with lethal force from a distance.

The common thread that runs through almost all school shootings as well as mother whos suddenly kill there children is they have started taking psych drugs or are withdrawing suddenly from psych drugs..it is far to consistent to not be a factor...it is written right in the warnings can cause suicidal and homicidal ideations..especially in children and youth..this drugs are banned for children and youth in europe and for adults with mild to moderate depression..to give a drug to children for mild to moderate depression that can cause mania ,psychosis and suicidal and homicidal ideation..is in fact madness..especially when the drug has been shown to be no more effective than placebo.even more sinister than a sick and drugged young man killing children is those that knowingly suppress the dangers and promote the use of these drugs in children for profit

Antidepressant Ban for Kids Puts Pressure On U.S. / Canada

Mon, 15 Dec 2003

The British government ban for use of all but one SSRI antidepressant drug in children and teens (Dec 10, 2003) is reverberating wherever these drugs are widely prescribed. The action was taken after an independent committee of experts examined the raw data from controlled clinical trials that had been conducted by these drugs' manufacturers. The evidence shows that contrary to the claims made by their promoters, SSRIs are neither effective against depression in children, nor safe. The hazards posed by SSRIs--of which the most serious is self-harm and aggression toward others--had been detected during company controlled clinical trials, but the hazards were concealed--even in published reports in academic journals. Thus, doctors who prescribed the drugs and patients and families for whom they have been prescribed were kept in the dark.

UK - Major antidepressants banned - suicide threat

The common thread that runs through almost all school shootings as well as mother whos suddenly kill there children is they have started taking psych drugs or are withdrawing suddenly from psych drugs..it is far to consistent to not be a factor...

I'm no fan of Big Pharma but.... :link:?

The common thread that runs through almost all school shootings as well as mother whos suddenly kill there children is they have started taking psych drugs or are withdrawing suddenly from psych drugs..it is far to consistent to not be a factor...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9S-7aNPf33A]SCHOOL SHOOTINGS III - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaq54C2R-GY]When Mothers Kill: America's Serotonin Nightmare (SSRIs) - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks and again I'm sympathetic to the idea in general, but before concluding that "almost all school shootings as well as mothers who suddenly kill their children" can be blamed on drug reactions, I need something a little more credible than Fox Noise. Keep in mind, they're not only fearmongers by profession, but were/are the first to jump in front of the issue with the same old NRA dogma about "gun control" and therefore they're used to bending over backward to do it. So as far as I'm concerned this Fox noise about using drugs as a scapegoat to take the focus on guns using some of the more obscure shooting incidents looks like a contrived story from an organisation that is a proven expert at doing just that.

I'm sure drugs are a factor. I just doubt that they are the factor that tabloid journalism would have us believe. Even Fox Noise describes this as "often" -- not "always".

Last edited:

Thanks and again I'm sympathetic to the idea in general, but before concluding that "almost all school shootings as well as mothers who suddenly kill their children" can be blamed on drug reactions, I need something a little more credible than Fox Noise. Keep in mind, they're not only fearmongers by profession, but were/are the first to jump in front of the issue with the same old NRA dogma about "gun control" and therefore they're used to bending over backward to do it. So as far as I'm concerned this Fox noise about using drugs as a scapegoat to take the focus on guns using some of the more obscure shooting incidents looks like a contrived story from an organisation that is a proven expert at doing just that.

I'm sure drugs are a factor. I just doubt that they are the factor that tabloid journalism would have us believe. Even Fox Noise describes this as "often" -- not "always".

the information well documented..

Index to SSRI Stories

as is the fact these drugs cause suicide and violence in children and youth at a unacceptable rate..is overwhelming ..this is the reason they are banned in Europe..

Possible reasons:

4. Drugging kids.
5. Drugging adults.
6. The media.
8. Disenfranchizement.

does culture of violence include people who think they live in the wild west and want to go in, guns blazing, and kill all the bad guys?

now add... bullying.... (maybe not in this case, i don't know... but generally), lack of support systems for kids who don't fit the mold...

but you can't kill 26 people in minutes with a pocket knife or a normal handgun.
And here we have the counter defense for the bad guy's, in an attempt to make the good guy's look like the bad guy's...wow

Hey idiot, there are a dozen threads on gun control already, take that stupidity somewhere else. This is a discussion on "why", guns are about "how". If that isn't too difficult for you to handle and you want to contribute, fine. Otherwise take your gun control nonsense to the appropriate thread.

I assume that last is attempted sarcasm...? Needs work. You have to provide a clue that you're being facetious.

FWIW Jillian's exactly right :clap2:

It's not worth much, but you miss the point. There are gun control threads already. this isn't about how, it's about why. Guns are "how" we want to know "why".

Don't post if you don't want responses except from your fellow wackjobs

*shrug*

But thanks for reinforcing what a loser you are

Well at least I can read and understand what I read. Go peddle your stupidity somewhere else.

The common thread that runs through almost all school shootings as well as mother whos suddenly kill there children is they have started taking psych drugs or are withdrawing suddenly from psych drugs..it is far to consistent to not be a factor...it is written right in the warnings can cause suicidal and homicidal ideations..especially in children and youth..this drugs are banned for children and youth in europe and for adults with mild to moderate depression..to give a drug to children for mild to moderate depression that can cause mania ,psychosis and suicidal and homicidal ideation..is in fact madness..especially when the drug has been shown to be no more effective than placebo.even more sinister than a sick and drugged young man killing children is those that knowingly suppress the dangers and promote the use of these drugs in children for profit

Ever since you posted this it has had me thinking along these lines. You are not the first person I've heard say this (but the first on this thread). I would not be surprised at all if these drugs were eventually found to be the cause.

Possible reasons:

4. Drugging kids.
5. Drugging adults.
6. The media.
8. Disenfranchizement.

And here we have the counter defense for the bad guy's, in an attempt to make the good guy's look like the bad guy's...wow

It's a lame assed attempt to turn this thread back to the left wing agenda. Ignore her.

Almost every single one of the school shootings and mass murders, they were on some type of mind altering drug.
Prozac;
People taking this medication may feel agitated (restless, anxious, aggressive, emotional, and feeling not like themselves), or they may want to hurt themselves or others.
Take it from the actual words from Dr. Moira Dolan
Mass Murders And The SSRIs Connection | Health

Still, if the 'gun culture' was the problem, we would have seen these kinds of unconscionable evil back in the 40's, 50's, 60's before political correctness and social engineering concepts set in. Probably in most parts of the country, every single household had some kind of firearm, many had several, and ammunition was cheap, plentiful, and available to anybody who wanted it, but nobody was the least bit concerned about somebody shooting up a school or mass murdering the children.

It is true that the use of mind altering drugs, both illegal and legally prescribed, are epidemic in this country and we seem to be lagging behind other countries in recognizing the harm that can do. The fact that the shooter is reported to have Asperger's syndrome is in itself not that much of an issue. Whiile there are numerous incidents of people suffering autism or Asperger's being victims of violence, there is no evidence that such people are prone to plan and carry out a massacre.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...077d34-4722-11e2-8c8f-fbebf7ccab4e_story.html

We are going to have to look deeper. Is it a lack of social conscience or a breakdown in respect for civility or appreciation of life in general? Given the amount of expressed hatred, insults, judgmentalism, and willingness to say hurtful things to each other on these message boards, I think that has to be a real consideration.

What creates such intense anger and pure hatred that would prompt somebody to commit such an unthinkable act? And why does it seem to be becoming more common? As President Obama recently expressed, he has attended four such memorial services now in less than four years of his term of office. Have we become such a 'me first' society that we have lost all empathy or concern for the worth of others?

Last edited:
Violent video games give you high score for the MOST KILLS correct? Your name gets enshrined for top score.

Vigilante justice in movie themes.

Detailed descriptions of how a killer commits the crime on CSI.

The only thing I find strange at all is the denial this has anything to do with it.

Forum List

Back