..."Let me know if this hurts"...

I had a chiropractor who would say, "Does that hurt?" I would say "Yes" and he'd say, "That's funny. I don't feel anything" and laugh like a hyena.

I had a chiropractor who would say, "Does that hurt?" I would say "Yes" and he'd say, "That's funny. I don't feel anything" and laugh like a hyena.

I wouldn't do that. I would try to stop hurting people that I know that I am hurting.

-

Why would someone try to stop someone who is being hurt by another person from informing that person that he/she is hurting him or her???

-

"Let me know...Oh oh oh let me know" :lol: (famous song by the Isley Brothers remade by the late singing goddess Aaliyah, rest in peace.)

-

My dentist is also a great friend of mine. After several years I finally got him to quit saying, "You might feel some "pressure" here," as he's about to stick or drill or something me. Now Dr. Dan gives it to me straight with stuff like, "This is gonna hurt."
No need to dance around, euphemisms, etc. Just lemme know it's coming.

I had ulcers so severe that I couldn't even keep a swallow of water down. I told my doctor that I would upchuck anything I ate or drank. His response was, "Well, don't eat then. That'll be $200.00." The $200.00 for that advice really hurt.

There are corrupt law enforcement officers, everyone knows.

But real law enforcement officers don't want hostages hurt.

-

Whilst recovering from anesthesia after carpal tunnel surgery a couple of weeks ago I was rather foolishly asked by the surgeon if I had any questions.

I told him I did but he didn't want to hear.....

He encouraged. Damn fool.

So I asked if I'd be able to play the piano when the dressings were removed.

Surely you can guess the rest and why he left abruptly after my response to his answer.

I felt bad about it when the anesthesia wore off......

I like this saying very very much...hopefully others do to...

Any comments?

-

Tomorrow night, I am the acting foreman on shift. I am a subordinate, but a senior subordinate. The Foreman do not have to work on Christmas, and the site supervisor did not force any of them to work.\

If a subordinate is off, overtime has to be filled. If a supervisor is off - we can just work short staffed off shift foreman are not forced to work the open slot. I hope an emergency ( Industrial Security - Fire - EMS - Hazmat ) does not occur.

SO, we are working tomorrow night - short staffed.

Haz-Mat Incidents are at least 4 people - 6 is really needed. Two in the danger zone with two standby. At least two more people to do decon.

Fires = You need two people on the hose - two people backup for the two on the hose.... and one pumping the fire truck.

EMS calls = Two people most times. A severe trauma...... or a cardiac arrest you need a minimum of three people = one to drive the ambulance, one to push drugs and do chest compressions and one to "bag the patient" and use the cardiac monitor. But four is optimal in a severe medical case - Cardiac, bleeding control, breathing and airway, drug administration, secondary patient assessment, Start and IV, and ect.

Confines Space Rescue - you need 5 people, but 6 would be better. Two on the rescue with two on standby. Preferably two people to operate the rigging and rope.

We will have four people ( supposed to have five ) on duty tomorrow night. Two people on the entry and exit gates and two inside the facility. The person on Gate One cannot ever leave the post, but the Gate three person can leave if need be.

But if something does happen of extreme circumstances / or events.....I will surely get the blame.

And....I do nor get a pay increase for being the acting foreman either. I perform the same job and have the same responsibilities ( about 200 acres of property, and about 200 personnel on a holiday ) but I will not get a pay increase for tomorrow night.

Must be nice......to be leadership.

Shadow 355

Last edited:

Any comments?

-

Tomorrow night, I am the acting foreman on shift. I am a subordinate, but a senior subordinate. The Foreman do not have to work on Christmas, and the site supervisor did not force any of them to work.\

If a subordinate is off, overtime has to be filled. If a supervisor is off - we can just work short staffed off shift foreman are not forced to work the open slot. I hope an emergency ( Industrial Security - Fire - EMS - Hazmat ) does not occur.

Shadow 355

He said the truth, but was it really true?

Does not sound like a leader to me...he isn't a leader.

-

Any comments?

-

Haz-Mat Incidents are at least 4 people - 6 is really needed. Two in the danger zone with two standby. At least two more people to do decon.

Fires = You need two people on the hose - two people backup for the two on the hose.... and one pumping the fire truck.

EMS calls = Two people most times. A severe trauma...... or a cardiac arrest you need a minimum of three people = one to drive the ambulance, one to push drugs and do chest compressions and one to "bag the patient" and use the cardiac monitor. But four is optimal in a severe medical case - Cardiac, bleeding control, breathing and airway, drug administration, secondary patient assessment, Start and IV, and ect.

Confines Space Rescue - you need 5 people, but 6 would be better. Two on the rescue with two on standby. Preferably two people to operate the rigging and rope.

We will have four people ( supposed to have five ) on duty tomorrow night. Two people on the entry and exit gates and two inside the facility. The person on Gate One cannot ever leave the post, but the Gate three person can leave if need be.

But if something does happen of extreme circumstances / or events.....I will surely get the blame.

And....I do nor get a pay increase for being the acting foreman either. I perform the same job and have the same responsibilities ( about 200 acres of property, and about 200 personnel on a holiday ) but I will not get a pay increase for tomorrow night.

Shadow 355

That sounds like that really needs to be resolved...I'm no leader (most certainly that's the truth!) but I would try and be willing to resolve that situation so that everyone wins.

-

Any comments?

-

Shadow 355

That sounds like that really needs to be resolved...I'm no leader (most certainly that's the truth!) but I would try and be willing to resolve that situation so that everyone wins.

-

The Site manager ( we are contracted - company contracted our jobs out some years ago ) , nor the Company manager / liason fails to correct problems.

Alledgedly, if we are a man short and the contract company cannot fill overtime - per the contract between "The Company" and the contract agency I work for......if the contract company cannot fill overtime slots = the contract agency ( whom I work for ) owes "the company" money. Well, that is what I have been told numerous times by many people.

Leadership here turns a blind eye. I was told on the phone last week, not to email the company ( senior company - whom contracted us out ) security manager no more emails, by one of my supervisors. Go through the chain of command.....WHOM turns a blind eye at scheduling problems, overtime problems ( foreman not filling overtime before they go on break, and making an incoming shift coming to work off of break......work short staffed ) and many - many other problems in the department.

Problems in my department that are very repetitive.

Come to us and tell us - use the chain of command, to problems they turn a blind eye to.....or fail to acknowledge. Geeze

Shadow 355

That is what you say when you are about to hit someone in the shoulder with your fist.

I had a dentist once who drilled out a cavity and then inserted a needle into the tooth to flush it out with water. The nerve was not numb at all and the water struck it directly. The pain was so bad my right arm involuntarily knocked the syringe out of the dentists hand.

"Still not numb huh?"

No dumbass. Here let me show you what that felt like.

Any comments?

-

Shadow 355

-

The Site manager ( we are contracted - company contracted our jobs out some years ago ) , nor the Company manager / liason fails to correct problems.

Alledgedly, if we are a man short and the contract company cannot fill overtime - per the contract between "The Company" and the contract agency I work for......if the contract company cannot fill overtime slots = the contract agency ( whom I work for ) owes "the company" money. Well, that is what I have been told numerous times by many people.

Leadership here turns a blind eye. I was told on the phone last week, not to email the company ( senior company - whom contracted us out ) security manager no more emails, by one of my supervisors. Go through the chain of command.....WHOM turns a blind eye at scheduling problems, overtime problems ( foreman not filling overtime before they go on break, and making an incoming shift coming to work off of break......work short staffed ) and many - many other problems in the department.

Problems in my department that are very repetitive.

Come to us and tell us - use the chain of command, to problems they turn a blind eye to.....or fail to acknowledge. Geeze

Shadow 355

Shadow 355

...been rereading and rereading your words, Shadow...that sounds like a very important matter...excuse all of my editing. :)

...going through the chain of command sounds like something to consider...but who can you trust these days...

What would the contract agency do if the company was Nid Vali (a term that would mean that the company is = to a disabled invalid.) Would they email the company then?

Happy Holidays & best wishes for a good turn out to that situation, :)
A1977

-

That is what you say when you are about to hit someone in the shoulder with your fist...

Not necessarily. Could be said if someone is unsure about if someone else is being hurt...a 2-year-old baby wouldn't say it, obviously...thank God I'm not 2 anymore...

I had a dentist once who drilled out a cavity and then inserted a needle into the tooth to flush it out with water. The nerve was not numb at all and the water struck it directly. The pain was so bad my right arm involuntarily knocked the syringe out of the dentists hand.

"Still not numb huh?"

No dumbass. Here let me show you what that felt like.

Sorry to hear that friend...your doctor is a 2 year old I see...but whatareyougonnado with a 2 year old?...sigh

A1977

-

Shadow 355

I'm writing a song called "Quiet Settlement."

It's about friends helping each other out...really love and agree with the song so far...do you want to hear more about it (the song)?

A1977

-

Last edited:

Forum List

Back