Legal group finds thousands of double voters in battleground states

RightNorLeft

Platinum Member
Jul 30, 2010
Its just starting..

A legal foundation has filed two court briefs that assert that double voting by the thousands happened in 2016-2018 in Georgia and North Carolina, as the nation prepares for its first large-scale, mail-in balloting to elect a president.

Anti-universal mail ballot activists say the two states are a tip-off for what will happen in the Nov. 3 election.

Liberal journalists demand that the Trump administration, which opposes mass-mailed ballots in most states, provide evidence of fraud. The counterargument is that it is difficult to cite such examples when only a handful of states before 2020 adopted remote voting.

Its just starting..

A legal foundation has filed two court briefs that assert that double voting by the thousands happened in 2016-2018 in Georgia and North Carolina, as the nation prepares for its first large-scale, mail-in balloting to elect a president.

Anti-universal mail ballot activists say the two states are a tip-off for what will happen in the Nov. 3 election.

Liberal journalists demand that the Trump administration, which opposes mass-mailed ballots in most states, provide evidence of fraud. The counterargument is that it is difficult to cite such examples when only a handful of states before 2020 adopted remote voting.

It might have happened in North Carolina. The GOP was already busted for that.
Not Voting twice, duplicate voters on the rolls.

Its just starting..

Does it matter why you got caught cheating or the fact that you got caught that matters?

Its just starting..

Does it matter why you got caught cheating or the fact that you got caught that matters?
Not at all...I am just clarifying what the lawsuit is about. They want to stop Voting by mail, but it is about getting the cleanest possible rolls before ballots go out.

Its just starting..

Not at all...I am just clarifying what the lawsuit is about. They want to stop Voting by mail, but it is about getting the cleanest possible rolls before ballots go out.

While cleaning up rolls in itself isn't bad DEPENDING on how it's done, if Trump can vote by mail, everyone can.

Its just starting..

This thread is based on an allegation.

Its just starting..

While cleaning up rolls in itself isn't bad DEPENDING on how it's done, if Trump can vote by mail, everyone can.
And if Trump can be troubled to apply for his absentee ballot, then anybody who needs to vote by mail can be troubled to do the same.

Its just starting..

And if Trump can be troubled to apply for his absentee ballot, then anybody who needs to vote by mail can be troubled to do the same.

What did I reply to?

They want to stop Voting by mail

Its just starting..

What did I reply to?

Call me crazy, but I assumed that Seawytch was saying that in reference to the specific argument about the universal mail in voting schemes that have been setup last minute, which is specifically what the Trump campaign, most of the Republican party, and most right wing voters are against.

It seems weird to me to assume that "voting by mail" was meant to be taken at its most literal possible meaning, including absentee voting, considering that I've seen precisely zero right wingers of any note making this argument. In fact, I don't even think I've seen any right wingers on this board saying we need to do away with absentee ballots.

Its just starting..

What did I reply to?

Call me crazy, but I assumed that Seawytch was saying that in reference to the specific argument about the universal mail in voting schemes that have been setup last minute, which is specifically what the Trump campaign, most of the Republican party, and most right wing voters are against.

Where is this being done and how would it not work when it works already in a few states?

It seems weird to me to assume that "voting by mail" was meant to be taken at its most literal possible meaning, including absentee voting, considering that I've seen precisely zero right wingers of any note making this argument. In fact, I don't even think I've seen any right wingers on this board saying we need to do away with absentee ballots.

No one is arguing that people need to shut up and go stand in line on voting day?

Its just starting..

What did I reply to?

Where is this being done and how would it not work when it works already in a few states?

No one is arguing that people need to shut up and go stand in line on voting day?
Many of the things we have passed for compassion and empathy and convenience always seems to be abducted and used for nefarious purposes. The people we are supposed to trust with any responsibilities disappoint us all for political persuasions.

Its just starting..

What did I reply to?

Many of the things we have passed for compassion and empathy and convenience always seems to be abducted and used for nefarious purposes. The people we are supposed to trust with any responsibilities disappoint us all for political persuasions.

The GOP cheated in North Carolina with standard voting. It's NOT how we vote.

Its just starting..

What did I reply to?

What possesses poll workers, teachers and mail carriers to name just a few to belittle our system for their views?

Its just starting..

What did I reply to?

What possesses poll workers, teachers and mail carriers to name just a few to belittle our system for their views?

I'm not sure what you are asking or how it applies to what I said. The GOP cheated in North Carolina and it wasn't over mail in voting.

Its just starting..

What did I reply to?

California, Montana, Nevada, New Jersey, and Vermont have set up schemes to send mail in ballots automatically to all voters while a hand full of states are massively expanding absentee eligibility. The fact that we haven't prosecuted anybody for widespread voter fraud in these systems doesn't make them safe, IMO. We're estimating that 80 million votes (well over half of what was cast in the 2016 general) are going to be going through the mail, which means unsupervised chains of custody. If you leave your front door wide open and go to work, then get home to find that nobody's robbed you, it might just be evidence that you got lucky, and not proof that it's okay to leave your door open every day.

And yeah, I'm sure people have said to shut up and stand in line, I just think, as I said before, that taking such statements as literal and all-encompassing is pretty obviously strawman'ing the point.

Forum List

Back