Legal Gay Marriage in the United States- yes or no?

Should same gender couples be able to legally marry in the United States

• Yes

Votes: 27 71.1%
  • No

Votes: 11 28.9%

• Total voters
Gay men are still men. Gay women are still women.

And biology still dictates that men are created to mate with women. Not men with men, not women with women. Homosexuality is a biological defect, not a normal, proper condition.
Defect isn't the right word. Many straight people make poor and even horrible parents. I wonder if you'd call them defective. Biologically, all mammals have instances of same sex couples. Biologically speaking, they could exist to pick up the parenting slack.

Why is this so important to you though? I never have understood this fear of gay people.
Biologically all mammals have instances of eating their young too.
Well, we certainly have many examples of hetero humans killing or sexually abusing their young. Primarily heterosexual FATHERS.
Not per Capita......

I'm saying that marriage exists as a lawful institution to create children. Therefor it doesn't exist for gay people. The nation state need not extend "legal" protection, but if it wants to, I don't really care.

That is all. It is that simple.

This has been understood by all people, in all cultures, throughout the planet, for millennia. It is common sense. People get married to start families and form communities. That is the purpose of marriage. To bond different families together.

The families of gay couples will not have grandchildren to unite them, and thus, there is no lawful reason to be bonded. I'm talking about "natural law," nothing to do with the nation state.

Where are you getting this crap from. Aside from you nonsensical theory about the purpose of marriage, gay couples do in fact have kids and grand kids by a variety of means , just like others. Is it possible that you do not know that??
Marriage - Wikipedia

History of Marriage: 13 Surprising Facts

How marriage has changed over centuries
Thank you for proving that marriage has been evolving for centuries and has never been a stagnant institution. Same sex marriage is a natural progression and not without precedent.

What you have not done is show that parents of gay people will not have grand children. That my friend is ludicrous.
My parents would have been very surprised to hear that our daughter was not their grandchild.

The act of getting "married" and having that marriage "legally recognized" are two different things. The law you cited does not forbid two gays from "getting married." It simply says the State refused to "recognize " it.

That is two different things.

I've talked about Civil Marriage and I've attempted to be careful to distinguish it from Religious Marriage (see the very post you quoted).

Yes, such laws as the one I quoted made it illegal for same-sex couples to enter into Civil Marriage. Illegal, but not criminal.

You are correct. Religious Marriage was not illegal. But that isn't what was being discussed, Civil Marriage was and yes that law made it illegal.

>>>>

What penalties would a gay couple face for getting married despite that law?
Do you know the difference between illegal and criminal?

All that this tells us is that the corrupt Episcopal church has openly and willfully rebelled against the God that it fraudulently claims to serve and worship.
So...you are the expert to tell the Episcopal Church how they should run their religion.....

They can run their fraudulent “religion” any way that they choose.

But the God that they falsely profess to serve and worship has, through his prophets, made very clear certain moral standards. To flout these standards is an act of open rebellion against that God, and put them in opposition to Him.

All that this tells us is that the corrupt Episcopal church has openly and willfully rebelled against the God that it fraudulently claims to serve and worship.
So...you are the expert to tell the Episcopal Church how they should run their religion.....

But the God that they falsely profess to serve and worship has, through his prophets, made very clear certain moral standards. To flout these standards is an act of open rebellion against that God, and put them in opposition to Him.
I went to an Episcopal Service once, even had their big bishop visiting.

Not a Bible in the place. People greet you with some Stephard Wife phrase they’ve been programmed to give. God was not in that place at all. I felt like I was in Satan’s house.

Gay men are still men. Gay women are still women.

And biology still dictates that men are created to mate with women. Not men with men, not women with women. Homosexuality is a biological defect, not a normal, proper condition.
Defect isn't the right word. Many straight people make poor and even horrible parents. I wonder if you'd call them defective. Biologically, all mammals have instances of same sex couples. Biologically speaking, they could exist to pick up the parenting slack.

Why is this so important to you though? I never have understood this fear of gay people.
Well, we certainly have many examples of hetero humans killing or sexually abusing their young. Primarily heterosexual FATHERS.
Not per Capita......

Per capital the the majority of sexual predation is by family males- fathers, brothers, step fathers, grandfather- against girls- or males who are known to the family

Facts and Statistics

82% of all juvenile victims are female. 5

• An estimated 60% of perpetrators of sexual abuse are known to the child but are not family members, e.g., family friends, babysitters, child care providers, neighbors.
  • About 30% of perpetrators of child sexual abuse are family members.

They can run their fraudulent “religion” any way that they choose..

Hell all of you can run your fraudulent religions any way you want.

Your religions told people for centuries that sex was a dirty horrible thing unless and only for- procreation.

Not a Bible in the place. People greet you with some Stephard Wife phrase they’ve been programmed to give. God was not in that place at all. I felt like I was in Satan’s house.

Poor little snowflake. Sounds like you visited Trump Towers.

My sister and brother in law belong to a wonderful Episcopal Church- hell they would even welcome an asshole like you there.

And they could even help a sinner like you find the Bibles in every pew.

My sister and brother in law belong to a wonderful Episcopal Church- hell they would even welcome an asshole like you there.

You validate my statement with you calling the Episcopal Church wonderful.

Not per Capita......

Per capital the the majority of sexual predation is by family males- fathers, brothers, step fathers, grandfather- against girls- or males who are known to the family

Facts and Statistics

• An estimated 60% of perpetrators of sexual abuse are known to the child but are not family members, e.g., family friends, babysitters, child care providers, neighbors.
Per capita homosexuals commit more pedo crimes.

Not per Capita......

Facts and Statistics

Per capita men commit more pedo crimes.

Not per Capita......

Facts and Statistics

Yes. And per capita homo men commit more than hetro men.

It is a wonderful church. Where they actually talk about Jesus

Yes- you would hate it.

Not per Capita......

Facts and Statistics

Per capita men commit more than women.

Most of those men identify themselves as heterosexuals.

Want to keep kids safe?

Keep kids away from men.

It is a wonderful church. Where they actually talk about Jesus

Yes- you would hate it.
A church without a Bible in it is not a church.

Not per Capita......

Facts and Statistics

Want to keep kids safe?

Keep kids away from men.
Per capita, homos commit more sexual crimes than hetros.

Deal with it.

Civil Unions will protect their partners...

Marriage is between a man and a woman...

Pretty simple, but somehow we manage to complicate it...

And by complicate it- you managed to try to outlaw both civil unions and marriage for gays.

Georgia
(a) This state shall recognize as marriage only the union of man and woman. Marriages between persons of the same sex are prohibited in this state.
(b) No union between persons of the same sex shall be recognized by this state as entitled to the benefits of marriage. This state shall not give effect to any public act, record, or judicial proceeding of any other state or jurisdiction respecting a relationship between persons of the same sex that is treated as a marriage under the laws of such other state or jurisdiction. The courts of this state shall have no jurisdiction to grant a divorce or separate maintenance with respect to any such relationship or otherwise to consider or rule on any of the parties' respective rights arising as a result of or in connection with such relationship.[3]

I was pretty clear, I know we could argue over it, but its pretty simple, if you accept it great, if you don’t great...

Oh you were pretty clear- I was just pointing out that your claim that civil unions would protect partners was false- and that the same people who were against equal treatment in marriage for gay couples- also opposed civil unions- for the same reason.

they seem to hate that whole equal protection clause of the constitution.
The people who write these things against the Equal Protection Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution appear to just want some legal pass for the their hatred of others. They hate LGBTs. They hate heterosexuals unless the female is a slave and the penis is worshiped. It's all pretty disgusting.

Civil Unions will protect their partners...

Marriage is between a man and a woman...

Pretty simple, but somehow we manage to complicate it...

And by complicate it- you managed to try to outlaw both civil unions and marriage for gays.

Georgia
(a) This state shall recognize as marriage only the union of man and woman. Marriages between persons of the same sex are prohibited in this state.
(b) No union between persons of the same sex shall be recognized by this state as entitled to the benefits of marriage. This state shall not give effect to any public act, record, or judicial proceeding of any other state or jurisdiction respecting a relationship between persons of the same sex that is treated as a marriage under the laws of such other state or jurisdiction. The courts of this state shall have no jurisdiction to grant a divorce or separate maintenance with respect to any such relationship or otherwise to consider or rule on any of the parties' respective rights arising as a result of or in connection with such relationship.[3]

I was pretty clear, I know we could argue over it, but its pretty simple, if you accept it great, if you don’t great...

Oh you were pretty clear- I was just pointing out that your claim that civil unions would protect partners was false- and that the same people who were against equal treatment in marriage for gay couples- also opposed civil unions- for the same reason.

The people who write these things against the Equal Protection Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution appear to just want some legal pass for the their hatred of others. They hate LGBTs. They hate heterosexuals unless the female is a slave and the penis is worshiped. It's all pretty disgusting.
Topic is not the Dem Party.

Georgia

Topic is not the Dem Party.

actually, it is.... since you hate equal protection and think straight white Christian males are the only ones entitled to any rights.

Facts and Statistics

Want to keep kids safe?

Keep kids away from men.
Per capita, homos commit more sexual crimes than hetros.

Per capita, men commit more crimes than women.

Per capita, straight men commit more rape than gay men.

Per capita, homophobic bigots have tiny dicks.

Deal with it.

Forum List

Back