Lefty reporter glad he had a gun when intruder invaded his D.C. home.....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Better to have one and not need it than to need it and not have it....as this Washington Post reporter found out....

Now the anti-gun extremists hate this outcome.......he used a gun to stop a home invader...for the anti-gun extremists, it would have been better if this man had been victimized, even brutalized instead of using a gun to stop it...

author Frederick Kunkle unlocked his legally owned gun and confronted the intruder.

In late April, I was asleep in my house in the District — my spouse was on a business trip — when I opened my eyes and saw an intruder coming to the top of the stairs outside the bedroom. It was about 2:35 a.m. He passed the bedroom door and headed down the hallway.

“Hey!” I yelled. “What the hell are you doing!”...
I called 911. While a dispatcher assured me police were on their way, I heard the guy rummaging in the kitchen — whether to find an exit or arm himself with a knife, I had no idea...
So I decided to get my gun.
By law, guns in the district have to be kept unloaded with a trigger lock in place. After several moments of fumbling with the lock, Kunkle had to turn on the lights so he could unlock and load his Smith & Wesson revolver. He then went downstairs to see if the intruder had left or was still in the house. He kept the revolver at his side, facing the floor and used a flashlight to search the house. As soon as he came down the stairs he spotted the man in his living room.

I aimed the flashlight at his face and started yelling. “I told you to get the f--- out of here!” I shouted, again as loud and as threatening as I could.
He crossed the living room, sat on the sofa and started mouthing off again, saying, “What’s with you, man?”

Yes, many of us have guns and know how to use them..

giphy.gif

Every liberal USMB gun-hater has told me the bad guy would just take your gun away and use it against you.
It's 'dementia like' how you just make shit up and then believe it.

Show us some posts (since Every liberal USMB gun-hater has told me) where this was stated.
the bad guy would just take your gun away and use it against you.

Last edited:
its a start,, and better than not pressing charges,,

and do keep your TDS in check when the topic isnt about your mental illness,,
I'm not mentally ill. But thanks for letting me know you aren't looking to have a rational conversation. Welcome to my ignore list. Have a day!

Better to have one and not need it than to need it and not have it....as this Washington Post reporter found out....

Now the anti-gun extremists hate this outcome.......he used a gun to stop a home invader...for the anti-gun extremists, it would have been better if this man had been victimized, even brutalized instead of using a gun to stop it...

author Frederick Kunkle unlocked his legally owned gun and confronted the intruder.

By law, guns in the district have to be kept unloaded with a trigger lock in place. After several moments of fumbling with the lock, Kunkle had to turn on the lights so he could unlock and load his Smith & Wesson revolver. He then went downstairs to see if the intruder had left or was still in the house. He kept the revolver at his side, facing the floor and used a flashlight to search the house. As soon as he came down the stairs he spotted the man in his living room.

We Won't Live Free Until Hoplophobes Live in Fear

Nothing to brag about unless he shoots the prowler dead in cold blood. Instead, he selfishly turned the subhuman loose on his fellow Americans. Making laws protecting these vermin should be punished severely.

If you have a gun (the upper hand) and let an intruder get close enough to you to take it from you, then you are an idiot... :uhoh3:
I don't think that's exactly correct. Sometimes it is, no doubt, but there are a lot of scenarios where the bad guy gets close and you couldn't avoid it. Also, the moral dilemma a person has to go through before shooting someone --- no.. nevermind, in that case they're probably an idiot. We should be practicing not just the physical part of our self-defense but also the moral, ethical, and emotional questions. Those all need to be so fully rehearsed and practiced that we're able to work through them in the split second we may have in a situation where we're attacked or threatened with attack - so ignore my though about the moral part but, still, there are scenarios where someone might get close and you couldn't prevent it.

Because pressing charges prevents a criminal from doing crime again? LMAO
If they are in jail it does. But, the leftist DA's won't prosecute, so you do have a point.

Forum List

Back