Left-wing supporters: What do you think of this post?

P@triot

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2011
United States
This is a post from another thread.

In all seriousness, I'd like to know what you think of it. Please be as complete in your response as you would like. His chart is pure disinformation, and I have provided a link here to an anti-Trump hit piece from a left-wing site which even admits that his chart is intentional disinformation.

735F3972-7917-49B2-990E-DAA39C538F34.jpeg

As everyone can plainly see from the anti-Trump hit piece from the left-wing site, unemployment stood at 7.8% the day Obama was sworn in? So why would the scumbag post a chart showing it starting at 9.5%?

And before anyone attempts to claim that the chart didn’t intend to show the day he was sworn in, it clearly goes back considerably before the 2010 listed at the bottom. It’s indisputably designed to give the impression “unemployment was 9.5% when Obama took over”.

I think the left wing ideas about Obama Vs Trump unemployment is complete BULLSHIT. Not just because of false information...

1. The worse the recession the greater room for recovery. The greatest amount of that recovery should occur in the early going, which slows in time. It's basic math, logic and economics. I like to use a bouncy ball as a metaphor, the further the ball drops the more the climb, and velocity (room for improvement) decreases as it climbs.

2. Similar the logic above, the greater the economy the less room for improvement. In other words, when unemployment is low there's little room for improvement. But logic is inconvenient where PROG-narrations are concerned.

3. WTF exactly did Obama do to create an environment for hiring anyway? It sure as heck wasn't Obamacare. Other than govt. agencies having to account for the changes, which was a major expense, Obamacare stagnated hiring. I know what Trump has done, we can start with taxes, regulations, trade and business friendly.

4. Unemployment is just a guide, it doesn't account for underemployment, those who used up their benefits, and those who gave up trying, for which there were a bunch under Obama.

5. Then there's the elephant in the room, the Democrats controlled both houses and POTUS when we hit rock bottom. You don't hear a single PROG-economist or "news" agency making that important distinction, doesn't suit their agenda.

This looks like a legit chart. Gives the rate for the months of December. 2008 was 7.3%, 2009 (year into Obama) it was 9.9%.....Slow as fuck recovery too, 2010 was 9.3%, 2011 was 8.5%. Compare Today's Unemployment with the Past

Last edited:
Obamas job creation policies were so weak he had to make up a new category....jobs created or "saved".

Here is a similar chart including the unemployment numbers due to the collapse that was ongoing when Obama became president. There was a spike at the first of his term. That spike wasn't caused by anything Obama did, and it took a while to reverse the collapse. The free fall at the beginning of Obama's term can't be honestly blamed on anything Obama did,

chart.png

This is a post from another thread.

In all seriousness, I'd like to know what you think of it. Please be as complete in your response as you would like. His chart is pure disinformation, and I have provided a link here to an anti-Trump hit piece from a left-wing site which even admits that his chart is intentional disinformation.

What do I think?

I think it's a case of Stormy Mac trying to do "both-siderism"

His chart is spot on. Unemployment started going down in 2010 and has been going down every since, but it has less to do with policies by Obama or Trump, and more to do with the fact that Baby Boomers are retiring faster than Millennials can replace them.

His chart is pure disinformation, and I have provided a link here to an anti-Trump hit piece from a left-wing site which even admits that his chart is intentional disinformation.

Viewed through the lens of partisanship , anything anti-Trump becomes intentional DIS-information

In all seriousness, I'd like to know what you think of it.

Please be as complete in your response as you would like.

You asked.....

Our governance has traditionally lied about our economic stability to it's citizens for well over a century. (I'll use Jekyll Island as a metric here)

We just endured yet another cheerleader potus' STOU addy, patting himself on the back for a good economy.

Yet we have QE4, and a doubled deficit happening within Trump's term

Nobody can explain how in a 'good economy' this happens.....because we live in an artificial economy with the illusion of prosperity

So go ahead, post all the charts, stats, quotes, and/or speeches you'd like, debate them for a million pages, in my opinion we are all economic slaves to the worst disparity this rock has seen since the Roman empire

~S~

As everyone can plainly see from the anti-Trump hit piece from the left-wing site, unemployment stood at 7.8% the day Obama was sworn in? So why would the scumbag post a chart showing it starting at 9.5%?

And before anyone attempts to claim that the chart didn’t intend to show the day he was sworn in, it clearly goes back considerably before the 2010 listed at the bottom. It’s indisputably designed to give the impression “unemployment was 9.5% when Obama took over”.

Because any sensible person would realize that the Crash of 2008 was so bad that the repercussions continued for another year.

I don't want to really waste time defending Stormy Mac, because he's the kind of Surrender Monkey Democrat that bemoans Republican excesses and then goes along with them.

Going off your chart it is clear that a real decline in unemployment numbers did not happen until Obama second term which would mean the House has controlled by the GOP and John Boehner at the time and many State Governments had flipped GOP, can you explain what policies that Obama implemented that caused the downward turn for unemployment and was the drop in unemployment because of job creation or those that ran out of benefits and no longer reported?

Going off your chart it is clear that a real decline in unemployment numbers did not happen until Obama second term which would mean the House has controlled by the GOP and John Boehner at the time and many State Governments had flipped GOP, can you explain what policies that Obama implemented that caused the downward turn for unemployment and was the drop in unemployment because of job creation or those that ran out of benefits and no longer reported?

I know it would just kill you to give any credit to the black guy. But the reality- Obama did cause the economy to recover sufficiently to defeat Mitt Romney (remember him?) in 2012.

Yes, QE kicked in. Obama did the right thing, and watched the Fed pour $4.5 trillion into markets, and that's what unfroze credit markets and brought us back. I don't give him much credit for that, as he didn't have much choice considering what he inherited.

You guys are desperate to make this about politics, but it's not.

And now you're celebrating an economy in which we have exploded the deficit AND the Fed is BACK to pouring hundreds of billions of dollars into markets to grease the system.

I don't think you guys even KNOW this. I don't think you care.

Last edited:
Yes, QE kicked in. Obama did the right thing, and watched the Fed pour $4.5 trillion into markets, and that's what unfroze credit markets and brought us back. I don't give him much credit for that, as he didn't have much choice considering what he inherited.

And now you're celebrating an economy in which we have exploded the deficit AND the Fed is BACK to pouring hundreds of billions of dollars into markets to grease the system.

I don't think you guys know this. I don't think you care.

Naw, guy, we don't care. The problem with all the QE's is that most of the benefits of it went to the parasite class on Wall Street. The rest of us are out here working two jobs, struggling with debt, and just waiting for the next recession to hit which we'll all end up paying for.

Feel free to link me Celebrating this because I assure you I am not but as usual you will put me with the Trumpster group.

The actual fall for unemployment under Obama was mixed but I did ask a simple damn question you did not want to answer and what was it?

Was the downward decline because of job creation or those dropping out and no longer reporting because their benefits had run dry?

The unemployment indicator is a poor idiot way to judge how well the economy is actually flowing.

I never mentioned anything about the pumping of money into the government or the fact during Obama eight years the Feds kept interest rates low as hell...

So pleas kind Sir show where I am celebrating because I can tell you I am not a fan of Trump economy and was one of the few on this board that went off when Trump almost crashed it with his threat of closing off Mexican trade...

Now get busy...

It's not.

we are riding a cyclical wave economy, expected to take a dive in the next year or so ....yet again

the 'effin government plays it like some weird musical chair scenario, where any sitting potus can either take credit, or point out the one still standing

~S~

Feel free to link me Celebrating this because I assure you I am not but as usual you will put me with the Trumpster group.

The actual fall for unemployment under Obama was mixed but I did ask a simple damn question you did not want to answer and what was it?

Was the downward decline because of job creation or those dropping out and no longer reporting because their benefits had run dry?

The unemployment indicator is a poor idiot way to judge how well the economy is actually flowing.

I never mentioned anything about the pumping of money into the government or the fact during Obama eight years the Feds kept interest rates low as hell...

So pleas kind Sir show where I am celebrating because I can tell you I am not a fan of Trump economy and was one of the few on this board that went off when Trump almost crashed it with his threat of closing off Mexican trade...

Now get busy...
I answered your question as clearly and simply as I could: QE unfroze the system and created the momentum that led to job creation and positive GDP growth.

I'm tired of repeating the obvious here.

It's not.

we are riding a cyclical wave economy, expected to take a dive in the next year or so ....yet again

the 'effin government plays it like some weird musical chair scenario, where any sitting potus can either take credit, or point out the one still standing

~S~
The problem is that so much of the 'effin government is elected into place by people who are either ignorant or (worse) mal-informed about this stuff.

Actually, it was clearly job creation. Did the fact that some people dropped out and other retired help? Yup. But jobs have been steadily created since 2010.

6.5.15.2.jpg

I don't think you guys even KNOW this. I don't think you care.

The QE was prudent and needed... Both sensible sides agree with that, US was close to a depression at the time. It was raining and money was needed..

Difference now is Unemployment is low (thanks mainly to economy under Obama (I will concede a President get too much credit and blame for economies)) but Borrowing is at QE days, which is very dangerous... Trump and GOP are overheating this economy by extending it passed its due date to finish.

Compare that to Germnay who expected the down turn and prepared for it... They are running a surplus during a recession and letting the economic market to decide to bounce back... Trump is doing the one thing GOP used to be against, he has the Government interfering in the Market at the rate of a trillion dollars per year.

Forum List

Back