Left vs Right

Gdjjr

Platinum Member
Oct 25, 2019
Texas
Do you agree or disagree with the assessment featured?

The Interpretation of (Left) Dreams

“Why do we dream? Freud’s answer is deceptively simple: the ultimate function of the dream is to enable the dreamer to stay asleep.” Slavoj Zizek (2006)

Traditional Left Ideology sets out a vision of how the world ‘ought to be.’ The Left’s view can be summed up as the belief that social justice is the primary requirement for improving the world, and that this better future entails the pursuit of equality in various forms. The Left ideologist believes that it is both ethical and moral to attempt to approach equality in terms of civil rights and material wealth.

But if the Left focuses on ‘what could be,’ the Right focuses on ‘what is.’ If the Left operates where people ‘could be,’ the Right operates where people ‘are’ or at least, where they believe themselves to be. The Right does not aim to change human social reality but rather to celebrate, and to even maximize it.

I don't subscribe to left/right pardigm - FYI. I'm libertarian. I think it could be interesting to have a discussion-

“Why do we dream? Freud’s answer is deceptively simple: the ultimate function of the dream is to enable the dreamer to stay asleep.” Slavoj Zizek (2006)

Traditional Left Ideology sets out a vision of how the world ‘ought to be.’ The Left’s view can be summed up as the belief that social justice is the primary requirement for improving the world, and that this better future entails the pursuit of equality in various forms. The Left ideologist believes that it is both ethical and moral to attempt to approach equality in terms of civil rights and material wealth.

But if the Left focuses on ‘what could be,’ the Right focuses on ‘what is.’ If the Left operates where people ‘could be,’ the Right operates where people ‘are’ or at least, where they believe themselves to be. The Right does not aim to change human social reality but rather to celebrate, and to even maximize it.

I don't subscribe to left/right pardigm - FYI. I'm libertarian. I think it could be interesting to have a discussion-
So I can read that as the right wants to celebrate and maximize intolerance, racism, sexism etc. Right?

• Banned
So I can read that as the right wants to celebrate and maximize intolerance, racism, sexism etc. Right?
You can read? Can I suggest you read the article then? I guess you can read it any way you want, or not read it any way you want- can you back what you say? Can you refute what the article says?

You can read? Can I suggest you read the article then? I guess you can read it any way you want, or not read it any way you want- can you back what you say? Can you refute what the article says?
I read what you wrote.

Yep, the "what could be" doesn't seem to be very appealing.

I don't know. I just dream about being in a bathtub full of 9mm ammunition.

As long as there are no JOOOS in the discussion, right? We know how much they frighten you.

What we ought to be doing with our form of Constitutional Government:

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

In right wing fantasy, you are always Right.

Right wingers would rather outlaw being Poor to fill for-profit prisons.

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

You know The Thing!

What is, is an extra-Constitutional warfare-State and alleged wars right wingers still think they can win with tax cut economics.

Haven't heard that one for a while.
Somebody sure did a number on you.

You know The Thing!
Only right wingers don't care about our supreme law of the land. Why complain about less fortunate illegals, right wingers? Only practitioners of the abomination of hypocrisy (unto God), do that.

Haven't heard that one for a while.
Somebody sure did a number on you.

Too bad this is not Parler where you can always be Right, simply because you can type anything you want and claim you are on the right wing.

You know The Thing!
Only right wingers don't care about our supreme law of the land. Why complain about less fortunate illegals, right wingers? Only practitioners of the abomination of hypocrisy (unto God), do that.

What kind of an idiot would praise "supreme law" and then in the same sentence, support "illegals"?

I think we just found out. :auiqs.jpg::lmao::laughing0301:

Leftism is merely empowering government to try and control what is perceived as bad behavior.

The opposite are those who want to allow people the option of making bad decisions and simply learning to better govern themselves instead of government doing it for them.

The need for both being a civil society. But as Ben Franklin aptly stated, once the moral fiber of society wanes then a despotic government will rise up to contain it, being no other option to maintain a civil society.

And that is what I see happening. Mass shootings emerged in the 1960's, as well as many other societal ills that have increasingly demanded a rise of big government. This is largely, in my opinion, the result of increased secularism. People are simply encouraged to govern their own moral behavior due to their faith, and recognize future penalties from a higher power for not being moral. Conversely, the secularist acts as they please with the notion that if no one ever finds out about their amoral behavior or is willing to stop them, why not just do as you please, especially knowing that if they get caught and punished that punishment is temporal.

Studies have shown that those that believe in a hell, for example, have a lower incidence of crime. And those of faith lead the way for those giving their money and time the charity and those in need. Conversely, Leftists just sit around trying to convince us to vote for people to force them to pay higher taxes, in the hopes that some of that money may find its way to those in need. Why they just don't roll up their sleeves and give their own time and money to those in need is but a mystery. Perhaps just laziness with very little motivation is the reason.

Forum List

Back