Zone1 Leave my threads alone. I.e. "3 killed, 4 injured Paris Shooting"

We are suffering a shortage of mods due to the many unresolved problems here, so now they are taking anyone they can find, even people who gauge their moderation skills based on the number of actions they take per hour instead of the quality of them. So expect all kinds of wrong things done now based on "technicalities" and the letter of the rules rather than the spirit because much like how Biden takes actions to look good to the rest of the world regardless of how his own people feel of his actions, some mods now are taking actions to look good to the other mods regardless of how it looks to or affects the actual people here who make this place tick.
I think what happens is someone who doesn't want a thread to be seen reports it to have it moved to a forum buried so deep that few people will ever see it...and a mod who is busy as a one armed paper hanger just moves it with only a cursory examination.

Replacing the thread and starting this thread isn't a knock on the mods... It's a warning to those who report my threads to get them buried. They are better off leaving them be... Because now there are THREE threads on the topic instead of one.

And this will happen every.... single... time.

Really can't look at these things in such a one-dimensional way when moving things around.

How many times do we read on here where some anti-liberty quisling tells us how wonderful it'd be if we adopted the policies of other nations which have no constitutional protections?

It's a rather consistent phenomenon, really. I see it all of the time on here.

So, yeah. I can see why Missourian would take issue with it.

That's actually one of the reasons I don't really start threads anymore, myself. Once in a great while, I might. But usually something trivial or entertaining now. I see no value in starting dialogue just to have it reduced and redirected or tailored toward some other dolt's shallow understanding (or level of give a crap) of the terms of controversy involved. And the maudes come from the same pool as everyone else. They're not any smarter or more able to grasp things than anyone else just because they're a maude. There's nothing that really sets their judgment apart from anyone elses. Thats what's largely missing up there in the office, honestly.

Last edited:
Threads like this are ridiculous.
But it's rather hard to effect a solution to something when you haven't yet even acknowledged the problem exists first.

Screen Shot 2022-12-23 at 6.40.20 PM.png

I wish I could count the times I've heard mods here say that, Will, that member complaints are just ridiculous and a waste of their time! Lessee: The OP calls my post a WINNER while you still disagree, thus illustrating my point, and you're not even a mod anymore. I've been a group owner, administrator and mod for about 25 years now since the days of majordomos, both for professional organizations and amateur hobbyists and in all that time, only had ONE complaint about me which I resolved by letting the complainer himself decide the outcome. You were a mod here for a few years and had how many complaints?

There are two ways to moderate:
  1. You either treat your board like a bakery where the customer is always right and a valued, respected commodity without which you HAVE no business, and you listen to the wants, needs and complaints of your clientele as a guideline for shaping and improving your services and customer satisfaction realizing that when people are complaining just as with an engine making a rapping sound in your car, that there must be a reason and a cause for it needing addressing, or
  2. You can run it like the DMV and tell your customers that have a need and a complaint to just sit down, shut up and follow the rules because they have no other choice.
This place has shifted to being much closer to the latter, I suspect due to an inability to work as the former, because the former requires a TALENT for listening and responding to PEOPLE.

Bottom Line: A sure sign that a board is being run and moderated well is by the relative FREEDOM from complaints and the high level of satisfaction of its customers. When a board resolves to just ignore complaints, dismissing them all mostly as the rantings of the hoi polloi, you have a failing board with a failed staff which is heading the place to eventual failure. Failure comes subtly first by the degradation of the quality of the threads and people, because under a politburo, fewer and fewer bother with quality while more and more unattractive people are attracted.

Reasonable people always respond well to being treated reasonably, whereas unreasonable people only remain unreasonable and are best gotten rid of, thus, a board with a lot of constant complaints either has way too many unreasonable people or are simply not being TREATED reasonably!

There, I just gave you a few hundred dollars worth of expert, free advice I used to get paid well for, which you cannot refute on any factual basis, so you are free now to just dismissively give me another thumb down in quiet resignation.

I think what happens is someone who doesn't want a thread to be seen reports it to have it moved to a forum buried so deep that few people will ever see it...and a mod who is busy as a one armed paper hanger just moves it with only a cursory examination.

I'm sure that is at least part of the problem and the cause of at least many of the actions others complain about! By their own admission, someone built this place as a monstrosity with way too many departments, rules and zones which needs far more moderators than they ever have to run effectively as desired as most of the members are forever confused by or running afoul trying to deal with and keep track of all the vague and conflicting regulations, none of which are ever brought to the member's attention with notifications in their alert boxes--- you have to periodically go out LOOKING for them!

At least with car manufacturers, when they keep getting a certain model reported for steering erratically, they look into it and fix it with a recall. Here, the more you complain, the more you are just told how ridiculous a whiner you are and to just shut up and go away. Go figure. Put simply, its a waste of time because our FB is not appreciated nor valued.

There seems to be a directive here to "shape" the forum by relocating a lot of threads into desired conclaves but I can never get a clear explanation as to why. Some topics are given excessively high priority (Z1) while others totally ignored. Patterns I usually only see in places being run under government directives. That is how we end up spending $500 for a hammer.

And like the government, a waste of time trying to reason with anyone because you only get either bureaucracy back in return or the reply that it is simply "out of their hands" and they are only "following the rules." Rules by people you nor they can even reach, contact or talk to.

Screen Shot 2022-12-23 at 7.35.26 PM.png

Forum List

Back