Least We Forget the Insurrection Led by Chuck Schumer

Less than one year ago, Sen. Chuck Schumer of New York led a mob on the steps of the Supreme Court while a case was being heard and tried to thwart the natural deliberation of justices by violently threatening two of them to rule in favor of his and other Democrats' preferred outcome.
"I want to tell you, Gorsuch, I want to tell you, Kavanaugh, you have released the whirlwind, and you will pay the price. You won't know what hit you if you go forward with these awful decisions," Schumer threatened the two most recently confirmed justices, Neil Gorsuch and Brett Kavanaugh.

The threat was so alarming that even leftist activists such as Laurence Tribe condemned it. Schumer received a rare, same-day rebuke from Chief Justice John Roberts, who said, "Justices know that criticism comes with the territory, but threatening statements of this sort from the highest levels of government are not only inappropriate, they are dangerous..."

He threatened two U.S. Supreme Court justices. He threatened the Supreme Court. He assembled a mob on the stairs of a Supreme Court that tried to break into the Supreme Court, but for that 13-foot bronze door there. And he warns those justices that they are, in fact, in for hell if they don't vote the way he wants. He threatened the Supreme Court.
The only thing more reprehensible than the Trump-incited attack on America's democracy is conservatives trying to justify, excuse, or deflect from the right's attack of America's democracy.

Less than one year ago, Sen. Chuck Schumer of New York led a mob on the steps of the Supreme Court while a case was being heard and tried to thwart the natural deliberation of justices by violently threatening two of them to rule in favor of his and other Democrats' preferred outcome.
"I want to tell you, Gorsuch, I want to tell you, Kavanaugh, you have released the whirlwind, and you will pay the price. You won't know what hit you if you go forward with these awful decisions," Schumer threatened the two most recently confirmed justices, Neil Gorsuch and Brett Kavanaugh.

The threat was so alarming that even leftist activists such as Laurence Tribe condemned it. Schumer received a rare, same-day rebuke from Chief Justice John Roberts, who said, "Justices know that criticism comes with the territory, but threatening statements of this sort from the highest levels of government are not only inappropriate, they are dangerous..."

He threatened two U.S. Supreme Court justices. He threatened the Supreme Court. He assembled a mob on the stairs of a Supreme Court that tried to break into the Supreme Court, but for that 13-foot bronze door there. And he warns those justices that they are, in fact, in for hell if they don't vote the way he wants. He threatened the Supreme Court.
The only thing more reprehensible than the Trump-incited attack on America's democracy is conservatives trying to justify, excuse, or deflect from the right's attack of America's democracy.
That little protest got you worried?
9 billion rounds of ammo were purchased just last year.

Oh my god, you freaks are such drama queens. Democracy wasn't attacked. Democrat commie freaks were attacked. Sell that propaganda to some naive college kids.

...and it's lest, not least, ignoramus.

Now for the rest of the story.

Schumer said the following day that he “should not have used the words I used” and that he was referencing “political consequences for President Trump and Senate Republicans if the Supreme Court, with the newly confirmed justices, stripped away a woman’s right to choose.” “But in no way was I making a threat. I never, never would do such a thing,” he added.
I found it threatening . But I never had a boss a day in my life so I think quite differently.

You found it threatening. Well lock Schumer up. An internet fool felt threatened.

Nobody died, no damage was done. No mob stormed the Supreme Court. No police officers were attacked.
Where were you last summer when citizens were attacked, their businesses looted and torched, harrassed while dining by blm, etc. Well?

...and it's lest, not least, ignoramus.
That’s

What if those armed people who stormed and ransacked city halls and police stations last year wore red hats?

You faux outrage is noted.

In case you haven't figured it out, Dems think they are above the law and can do shit like UpChuck did. Yet let Trump protesters invade the sainted halls of the Capital building to protest and they should be shot.

Typical

What if those armed people who stormed and ransacked city halls and police stations last year wore red hats?

You faux outrage is noted.

If those mobs were Trump supporters, acting like that, the media would have presented it as a full blown insurrection, correctly so, and the liberals on this site would have been calling for a dawn to dusk, shoot on sight curfew.

Also, correctly so.

Daily Signal? :laugh2:

Btw, Lawrence Tribe is no "leftist activist". He went full MAGA four years ago.
Hey Larry - - -

you-went-full-trump-never-go-full-trump.jpg

Schumer's comments were far more inflammatory that President Trump's comments. Incite means to use words to spur people to action. If the barriers to the Supreme Court had been opened, the peaceful demonstration would have turned violent just like the peaceful demonstration at the Capitol.

You can stop the spin any time now. We ain't buying what you are peddling.

Of course you aren't cause you're a damned Dem. A Dem who called the idiots looting, murdering and burning down buildings in Portland, Seattle and Indi protesters.

You can stop your spin any time now. Now one but you Dem idiots are buying what you are peddling.

Schumer said the following day that he “should not have used the words I used” and that he was referencing “political consequences for President Trump and Senate Republicans if the Supreme Court, with the newly confirmed justices, stripped away a woman’s right to choose.” “But in no way was I making a threat. I never, never would do such a thing,” he added.
I found it threatening . But I never had a boss a day in my life so I think quite differently.

You found it threatening. Well lock Schumer up. An internet fool felt threatened.

Nobody died, no damage was done. No mob stormed the Supreme Court. No police officers were attacked.
Chief Justice of the Supreme Court felt threatened, Shitforbrains liar.
What an utter damned disapointment Roberts has been. As bad as the Penguin.

This is why we need to elect hundreds of people in the congress like Greene. They will impeach. While you are impeaching they will be impeaching. We finally in enough numbers know your infantile tricks.

Where is running the country to the benefit of the people in all of this tribalism and idiocy? Where is good governance?

Republicans have proven over and over again that they are incapable of doing anything other than running the economy into the ditch. Cutting taxes and running up the deficit has been a recipe for fiscal disaster and that's all Republicans have.

Over the years, Republicans have abandoned everything they claimed to hold dear: small government, balanced budgets, sound environment practices, and sensible regulation, embracing the same kind of hyper-capitalism promoted by Milton Friedman, that destroyed the economies of so many South American nations in the 70's right on through to the 90's.

But history has shown us that hyper-capitalism inflates prices, suppresses wages, increases poverty, leaving the poor more vulnerable to the financial swings of a destabilized capitalist economy. And that the ONLY way to maintain these policies which punish the poor and reward the wealthy, all protest against government policies must be brutally suppressed.

Pinochet rounded up all of the lawyers, university professors, union leaders, and left wing leaders and shot them. In Argentina, 30,000 people were "disappeared". In Brazil, a right wing military dictatorship, stiffled free speech, legally banned all opposition, and tortured dissidents.

This is exactly where the Republican Party is headed. They cannot win elections, because they have no platform, no ideas that work, and no agenda other than white nationalism, and cutting taxes for the wealthy. Now, Republicans tried to stage a coup to overthrown the democratically elected government of the United States.

The Republican Party has become the party of white nationalism, authoritarianism, propaganda, and conspiracy theories. Time to burn it down, and get a REAL conservative opposition to the Democrats. Authoritarianism and/or white supremacy are the antithesis of a constitutional republic.

Schumer's comments were far more inflammatory that President Trump's comments. Incite means to use words to spur people to action. If the barriers to the Supreme Court had been opened, the peaceful demonstration would have turned violent just like the peaceful demonstration at the Capitol.

Of course you aren't cause you're a damned Dem. A Dem who called the idiots looting, murdering and burning down buildings in Portland, Seattle and Indi protesters.

You can stop your spin any time now. Now one but you Dem idiots are buying what you are peddling.

". . . . a damned Dem". I love how you idiots keep getting up on your high horse about Portland and the race riots of the summer as if there is any equivalency. There is none Claudette. Not the slightest.

FACT: POLICE OFFICERS SHOT AND KILLED OVER 1000 PEOPLE IN 2019. CITIES PAID OUT A 1/3 OF A BILLION DOLLARS IN "EXCESSIVE FORCE" SETTLEMENTS. ANOTHER 500 PEOPLE DIED AS A RESULT OF INTERACTIONS WITH POLICE. THESE WERE NOT CONVICTED CRIMINALS, THESE WERE "SUSPECTS", MANY OF THEM SUSPECTS IN PETTY CRIMES, WHO WERE UNARMED, AND ENDED UP DEAD.

THE CAPITOL RIOT WAS BASED ON A LIE THAT DONALD TRUMP WON THE ELECTION. IT WAS A CAREFULLY ORGANIZED AND EXECUTED ATTEMPT TO OVERTHROW THE LEGALLY ELECTED GOVERNMENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND INSTALL A WHITE SUPREMACIST DICTATOR IN THE WHITE HOUSE.

MORE THAN 50 POLICE OFFICERS WERE ATTACKED AND INJURED. THREE POLICE OFFICERS ARE DEAD. ONE WILL LOSE AN EYE.

TIME TO FACE REALITY, CLAUDETTE. THE REPUBLICAN PARTY IS NOW TEARING ITSELF APART AND SELF-DESTRUCTING IN LIES, CONSPIRACY THEORIES AND POWER STRUGGLES.

". . . . a damned Dem". I love how you idiots keep getting up on your high horse about Portland and the race riots of the summer as if there is any equivalency. There is none Claudette. Not the slightest.

FACT: POLICE OFFICERS SHOT AND KILLED OVER 1000 PEOPLE IN 2019. CITIES PAID OUT A 1/3 OF A BILLION DOLLARS IN "EXCESSIVE FORCE" SETTLEMENTS. ANOTHER 500 PEOPLE DIED AS A RESULT OF INTERACTIONS WITH POLICE. THESE WERE NOT CONVICTED CRIMINALS, THESE WERE "SUSPECTS", MANY OF THEM SUSPECTS IN PETTY CRIMES, WHO WERE UNARMED, AND ENDED UP DEAD.

THE CAPITOL RIOT WAS BASED ON A LIE THAT DONALD TRUMP WON THE ELECTION. IT WAS A CAREFULLY ORGANIZED AND EXECUTED ATTEMPT TO OVERTHROW THE LEGALLY ELECTED GOVERNMENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND INSTALL A WHITE SUPREMACIST DICTATOR IN THE WHITE HOUSE.

MORE THAN 50 POLICE OFFICERS WERE ATTACKED AND INJURED. THREE POLICE OFFICERS ARE DEAD. ONE WILL LOSE AN EYE.

TIME TO FACE REALITY, CLAUDETTE. THE REPUBLICAN PARTY IS NOW TEARING ITSELF APART AND SELF-DESTRUCTING IN LIES, CONSPIRACY THEORIES AND POWER STRUGGLES.

What does your drivel have to do with looters, rioters, murderers and arsonists in Portland, Seattle and Indi??

How bout a big fat nothing. The idiot Dem mayor in these cities told their police forces to stand down. They stood by and businesses were looted and burned to the ground and people were murdered.

You really are an moron of epic proportions.

This is why we need to elect hundreds of people in the congress like Greene. They will impeach. While you are impeaching they will be impeaching. We finally in enough numbers know your infantile tricks.

Where is running the country to the benefit of the people in all of this tribalism and idiocy? Where is good governance?

Republicans have proven over and over again that they are incapable of doing anything other than running the economy into the ditch. Cutting taxes and running up the deficit has been a recipe for fiscal disaster and that's all Republicans have.

Over the years, Republicans have abandoned everything they claimed to hold dear: small government, balanced budgets, sound environment practices, and sensible regulation, embracing the same kind of hyper-capitalism promoted by Milton Friedman, that destroyed the economies of so many South American nations in the 70's right on through to the 90's.

But history has shown us that hyper-capitalism inflates prices, suppresses wages, increases poverty, leaving the poor more vulnerable to the financial swings of a destabilized capitalist economy. And that the ONLY way to maintain these policies which punish the poor and reward the wealthy, all protest against government policies must be brutally suppressed.

Pinochet rounded up all of the lawyers, university professors, union leaders, and left wing leaders and shot them. In Argentina, 30,000 people were "disappeared". In Brazil, a right wing military dictatorship, stiffled free speech, legally banned all opposition, and tortured dissidents.

This is exactly where the Republican Party is headed. They cannot win elections, because they have no platform, no ideas that work, and no agenda other than white nationalism, and cutting taxes for the wealthy. Now, Republicans tried to stage a coup to overthrown the democratically elected government of the United States.

The Republican Party has become the party of white nationalism, authoritarianism, propaganda, and conspiracy theories. Time to burn it down, and get a REAL conservative opposition to the Democrats. Authoritarianism and/or white supremacy are the antithesis of a constitutional republic.

You open with the accusation of "tribalism' and end with it, ie "white nationalism" but inbetween you make no effort to support your claim.

It is your side that embraces tribalism, ie Identity Politics and is tearing this nation apart. It is your side that has fostered and supported race riots, over the last two years.

I don't recall Trump every even SAYING "white"let alone doing any policies to advance or support "whites" or "white nationalism".

Indeed, he played well with in the rules of Affirmative Action and playing to Diversity and helping BLACKS, disproportionately.

So, your stated complaints seem to be completely false.

What are you really about?

No dummy read it again. I found it stupid and comical like your damned self. Read what is there not what you want next time.

"I found it threatening ." I did read it again. Making a stupid comment after saying you found it threatening doesn't change what you say. If you're trying to be sarcastic, you failed utterly. You continue to succeed at looking disconnected, and goofy.

Funny stuff. Those weren't Republicans looting and torching businesses last summer.

When did anyone storm the Supreme Court, kill people and put many people's lives at risk?

What happened at the Supreme Court was a protest. It didn't end up like what trump caused on January 6th.

What happened on that day has never happened in our nation before.

To try to compare what happened on January 6th to anything is a lie and only a coward would even try to make that comparison.

It's just the republican's never ending need to say that democrats do the same illegal and treasonous things republicans do in some lame way to excuse the behavior of republicans.

This is just sad.

What a lying sack of shit....

Forum List

Back