LAWSUIT: U.S. Army Veteran Holding "God Bless Homeless Vets" Sign Sues To Defend First Amendment.

Diamond Member
Nov 8, 2022
My Happyi Place
ALPHARETTA & BLACKSHEAR, Ga., Feb. 1, 2023 — Jeff Gray, a U.S. Army veteran and retired truck driver, has been repeatedly stopped, detained, searched, and arrested by the police. His alleged crime? Holding signs — in front of city halls across the United States.

The Foundation for Individual Rights and Expression filed two lawsuits Tuesday on Gray’s behalf to protect the First Amendment right to speak outside government buildings: one against the City of Alpharetta, Georgia. and two of its police officers; the second against the police chief of the City of Blackshear, Georgia.

“I have been harassed, trespassed, handcuffed and arrested countless times for peacefully exercising my First Amendment rights,” said Gray. “My intention is to ensure that all Americans from the wealthiest millionaire to the poorest homeless person can exercise these rights without fear of consequence from our government.”

Hummm....sound like he is taking a warm fuzzy page out of the Westboro Baptist Church Grifting For God playbook

Anyone ever patronized his youtube channel? I have. He's linked to some of the audit the audit stuff. This guy gets arrested for holding a sign. He has never asked for money yet they lie and say he's panhandling.

Anyone ever patronized his youtube channel? I have. He's linked to some of the audit the audit stuff. This guy gets arrested for holding a sign. He has never asked for money yet they lie and say he's panhandling.

Time place and manner restrictions are legal and do not violate the constitution as long as they are content neutral and equally applied.
Should have got that permit.

He was doing it peacefully, and without any violence. His message wasn't divisive or inflammatory in any way that I could see. The 1st Amendment protects his right to free speech on public grounds.

And.................the fact that he's a veteran means that he actually has skin in the game. He wrote a blank check to the government while he was serving for a cost up to and possibly including his life, as well as swore an oath to support and defend the Constitution, the document that gives him the right to stand with his sign.

I hope the city officials that had him arrested get their asses handed to them..................in pieces.................without any glue.

Time place and manner restrictions are legal and do not violate the constitution as long as they are content neutral and equally applied.
Should have got that permit.
Who needs a permit to stand in front of town hall holding a sign? And I'm sure all your BLM buddies get permits too when they protest right

You should be able to peacefully protest in any public place.

That's my opinion regardless of what this persons message is.

Bush's "free speech zones" were bullshit. America is a free speech zone.

Forum List

Back