Lawrence O’Donnell is COMMANDING Congress to END the Electoral College to STOP TRUMP! Lawrence O'Donnell: Imagine where this country would be today

I stand with AOC. In fact the electoral college should never have been enacted and must be thrown in the trash. Of course the minority aka bogus republicans love it. Because it makes some count as more than one.

The EC does not allow every vote to count therefore it is a fraud on the majority party of the USA which are the moderates. We must stand strong and demand a vote at the ballot box to eliminate the Electoral College.

I think that anyone and everyone who talks about "democracy" should be compelled to define it.

Parenthetically, it should be noted that the Founding Fathers left NOTHING to a vote of the general population. Under our Constitution, the general population votes for REPRESENTATIVES, who inform themselves about the issues and vote on our behalf. But I digress.

One view of "democracy" is that the more people who vote, the better "democracy" is. Another view is that real democracy can only be had when all voters are at least informed about the issues and the candidates. My view is that American voters should be required to pass the same basic civics test that immigrants must pass - in writing and in English - in order to be naturalized.

The 2020 election was "stolen" by harvesting the votes of those who generally did not vote, by canvassing ghettos, nursing homes, homeless shelters, and similar locales, "helping" those people to fill out their ballots, and illegally delivering them to the ballot boxes, mail boxes, or the polling places. This is how Joe Biden got more African American votes than Barry Soetoro got either time.

Under the rules of 2016, Trump would have won in a landslide. Even though the Leftists cheated in many ways, Trump still would have won.

Anyway, define "democracy," then we can talk.

BTW moonbat, Congress cant just end the EC. It is Constitutionally mandated.
I know having rules and limits on power concern you, but it is what it is.
Good luck getting ratification for that :thup:

I stand with AOC. In fact the electoral college should never have been enacted and must be thrown in the trash. Of course the minority aka bogus republicans love it. Because it makes some count as more than one.

The EC does not allow every vote to count therefore it is a fraud on the majority party of the USA which are the moderates. We must stand strong and demand a vote at the ballot box to eliminate the Electoral College.
What are you? Stupid? Every vote is counted. All 538 of them.

Last edited:

Actually, you need to demand a constitutional amendment. Aim higher.

I think that anyone and everyone who talks about "democracy" should be compelled to define it.

Parenthetically, it should be noted that the Founding Fathers left NOTHING to a vote of the general population. Under our Constitution, the general population votes for REPRESENTATIVES, who inform themselves about the issues and vote on our behalf. But I digress.

One view of "democracy" is that the more people who vote, the better "democracy" is. Another view is that real democracy can only be had when all voters are at least informed about the issues and the candidates. My view is that American voters should be required to pass the same basic civics test that immigrants must pass - in writing and in English - in order to be naturalized.

The 2020 election was "stolen" by harvesting the votes of those who generally did not vote, by canvassing ghettos, nursing homes, homeless shelters, and similar locales, "helping" those people to fill out their ballots, and illegally delivering them to the ballot boxes, mail boxes, or the polling places. This is how Joe Biden got more African American votes than Barry Soetoro got either time.

Under the rules of 2016, Trump would have won in a landslide. Even though the Leftists cheated in many ways, Trump still would have won.

Anyway, define "democracy," then we can talk.

They can't.

Not a single one of them can!

BTW moonbat, Congress cant just end the EC. It is Constitutionally mandated.
I know having rules and limits on power concern you, but it is what it is.
Good luck getting ratification for that :thup:
Limits on power equate to limits on knowledge. EC representatives of yesteryear can't easily be compared to the complexities of today. When individual Americans know more about SARS2 than the EC, it's time to question such anachronistic authoritarianisms, because these should by default be subsumed into a majority's knowledge. It's always messianic, always a "democracy to come." (Derrida)

Thus, defining democracy via such philosophers as Derrida will more aptly expose this EC pathology.

Lawrence O’Donnell is COMMANDING Congress to END the Electoral College to STOP TRUMP!
Lawrence O'Donnell: Imagine where this country would be today without the anti-democratic institution of the Electoral College.'Donnell: Imagine where this country would be today without the anti-democratic institution of the Electoral College.

In other U.S. elections, candidates are elected directly by popular vote. But the president and vice president are not elected directly by citizens. Instead, they are chosen by "electors" through a process called the Electoral College.

Forum List

Back