Law Professor Jonathan Turley Dismantles the Trump Indictment: ‘The American People Aren’t Buying It’

Law Professor Jonathan Turley Dismantles the Trump Indictment:

‘The American People Aren’t Buying It’

3 Aug 2023 ~~ By mike Lachance

Professor Jonathan Turley of George Washington University may be a liberal, but he is an honest man.
He recently appeared on the Sean Hannity show and took apart the Trump indictment piece by piece, leaving it in tatters on the floor.
Turley said that it was completely understandable why the American people think we have a two-tiered justice system and called the Trump indictment an attack on free speech.
Transcript via Real Clear Politics:
~Snip~

Democrats and the media know all of this but they can’t admit it. They’re terrified that Trump could win again and so they’re playing offense.

Commentary:
Throughout America there is a slow simmer building under the surface right now, and I suspect a lot of Americans are going to be reaching a boiling point soon. If we all hit that boiling point at the same time, it's gonna get ugly... and fast.
Never in my 87 years have I ever seen this level of unbridled corruption and treason. Even the Cosa Nostra had more scruples of allegiance and loyalty to America.
Maoist/DSA Democrats and the Quisling Media are desperate and doing everything they can to prevent 45 from running 2024, and it's so blatantly obvious.
I hope he gets elected again, I'll bet he already made a long list of people who will be losing their jobs on day one, starting with the DOJ, FBI and CIA.
At tis point Maoist Democrats are becoming desperate, doing everything they can to prevent ted `People`s President` from running 2024, and it's blatantly obvious.
I'll bet Trump already has a long list of people who will be losing their jobs on day one, beginning with the DOJ, FBI and CIA.
Stalinist/Maoist Communists have a long history of vilifying, murdering or arresting their opposition. We`ve recently seen that in China, Venezuela and Brazil .
Trump is to be tried for `Wrong think` Thoughtcrimes.
If we the `People` allow this to occur, all of us will be held to this Orwellian standard. When Biden or the powers that be don’t like the way you think, they will arrest and try you, put you in a camp for re-education..

Utterly damning. "When is the price too high? This is chilling to me."--Turley

Professor Jonathan Turley of George Washington University may be a liberal, but he is an honest man.
He recently appeared on the Sean Hannity show and took apart the Trump indictment piece by piece, leaving it in tatters on the floor.
Turley said that it was completely understandable why the American people think we have a two-tiered justice system and called the Trump indictment an attack on free speech.
~Snip~

Democrats and the media know all of this but they can’t admit it. They’re terrified that Trump could win again and so they’re playing offense.

Commentary:
Throughout America there is a slow simmer building under the surface right now, and I suspect a lot of Americans are going to be reaching a boiling point soon. If we all hit that boiling point at the same time, it's gonna get ugly... and fast.
Never in my 87 years have I ever seen this level of unbridled corruption and treason. Even the Cosa Nostra had more scruples of allegiance and loyalty to America.
Maoist/DSA Democrats and the Quisling Media are desperate and doing everything they can to prevent 45 from running 2024, and it's so blatantly obvious.
I hope he gets elected again, I'll bet he already made a long list of people who will be losing their jobs on day one, starting with the DOJ, FBI and CIA.
At tis point Maoist Democrats are becoming desperate, doing everything they can to prevent ted `People`s President` from running 2024, and it's blatantly obvious.
I'll bet Trump already has a long list of people who will be losing their jobs on day one, beginning with the DOJ, FBI and CIA.
Stalinist/Maoist Communists have a long history of vilifying, murdering or arresting their opposition. We`ve recently seen that in China, Venezuela and Brazil .
If we the `People` allow this to occur, all of us will be held to this Orwellian standard. When Biden or the powers that be don’t like the way you think, they will arrest and try you, put you in a camp for re-education..

Turley is just another Fox News contributor.

That's what Trump did, and got you to follow him.... He defamed us and Nation with his false allegations of theft and stealing the election from him, while he proceeded to actual try to illegally steal the election from us. This is not a man worthy of anything, and he brought utter shamelessness and disgrace to the office of the presidency! He really really really did! :(

Butthurt is not a law

Jack Smith will be Alvin Bragg here in a couple of months, furiously trying to backpedal away from his crap indictment.

The Democrats deserve this so richly. I wonder if they have any idea yet.

~Snip~

Commentary:

Find me a meaningful legal issue of the last 30 years where Turley hasn't been completely wrong - starting with the Clinton Impeachment...

I think we should all be thankful that we have a conservative attorney on a conservative network to tell us what America thinks.

Talk about a TIME SAVER. Now I know!
Nothng like a bidenfluffer yapping out of ignorance.

Eastman knew when he wrote it the plan was not legal when he (see bold below) writes “This would be the first break with the procedure set out in the Act.”

The act is the law . Break with the act is to break the law - Trump acted on this break when he pressured Pence to break the law for him. Pence’s Council will testify that Trump was told he was asking Pence to break the law.

I posted this over a year ago.

READ: Trump lawyer's memo on six-step plan for Pence to overturn the election

By: CNN Updated 8:20 AM EDT, Tue September 21, 2021​

John Eastman, a conservative lawyer working with then-President Donald Trump's legal team, outlined in a two-page memo a scheme to try to persuade then-Vice President Mike Pence to subvert the Constitution and throw out the 2020 election results on January 6.​
1. VP Pence, presiding over the joint session (or Senate Pro Tempore Grassley, if Pence recuses himself), begins to open and count the ballots, starting with Alabama (without conceding that the procedure, specified by the Electoral Count Act, of going through the States alphabetically is required).​
2. When he gets to Arizona, he announces that he has multiple slates of electors, and so is going to defer decision on that until finishing the other States. This would be the first break with the procedure set out in the Act.

3. At the end, he announces that because of the ongoing disputes in the 7 States, there are no electors that can be deemed validly appointed in those States. That means the total number of “electors appointed” – the language of the 12th Amendment -- is 454. This reading of the 12th Amendment has also been advanced by Harvard Law Professor Laurence Tribe (here). A “majority of the electors appointed” would therefore be 228. There are at this point 232 votes for Trump, 222 votes for Biden. Pence then gavels President Trump as re-elected.​

4. Howls, of course, from the Democrats, who now claim, contrary to Tribe’s prior position, that 270 is required. So Pence says, fine. Pursuant to the 12th Amendment, no candidate has achieved the necessary majority. That sends the matter to the House, where the “the votes shall be taken by states, the representation from each state having one vote . . . .” Republicans currently control 26 of the state delegations, the bare majority needed to win that vote. President Trump is re-elected there as well.​

5. One last piece. Assuming the Electoral Count Act process is followed and, upon getting the objections to the Arizona slates, the two houses break into their separate chambers, we should not allow the Electoral Count Act constraint on debate to control. That would mean that a prior legislature was determining the rules of the present one — a constitutional no-no (as Tribe has forcefully argued). So someone – Ted Cruz, Rand Paul, etc. – should demand normal rules (which includes the filibuster). That creates a stalemate that would give the state legislatures more time to weigh in to formally support the alternate slate of electors, if they had not already done so. 6. The main thing here is that Pence should do this without asking for permission – either from a vote of the joint session or from the Court. Let the other side challenge his actions in court, where Tribe (who in 2001 conceded the President of the Senate might be in charge of counting the votes) and others who would press a lawsuit would have their past position -- that these are non-justiciable political questions – thrown back at them, to get the lawsuit dismissed. The fact is that the Constitution assigns this power to the Vice President as the ultimate arbiter. We should take all of our actions with that in mind. TRUMP-Jan6-COUPattempt - see “”” 21SEP21-EASTMANplan-00 TRUMP-Jan6-COUPattempt “””​

nf.22.07.12 #255 “Do I have a constitutional right as an American citizen to have my vote counted in a presidential election in the version of America that you envision under trump?”
So Trump deserves to spend the rest of his life in prison for listening to his attorney. LOL You guys are a hoot.

So Trump deserves to spend the rest of his life in prison for listening to his attorney.
No. Trump was to be the beneficiary of overturning the election by not having to move out of the people’s mansion if the coup plot worked.

Trump did not listen to attorneys that mattered on compliance with the Constitution.

He listened to an attorney who he hired to tell him how to keep Joe Biden from moving into “his” house. It’s not the people’s house to DJT. The people fired him and he had to be out by Jan 20.

Eastman then under contract, originated by Trump, devised a plan to make it happen. And in that plan, Trump could’ve read the words that end that told him ahead of time that the plan was a break with the law. Became a crime when Trump actually acted on it in many ways but for certain when he pressured Mike Pence to break the law for him.

rwly.23.08.05 #113
nf.23.08.05 #115

Last edited:
ANd then you go onto explain why you think he should spend the rest of his life in prison for listening to his attorney. LOL
Trump was to be the benefactor of overturning the election by not having to move out of the people’s mansion if the coup plot worked.

Trump did not listen to attorneys that mattered on compliance with the Constitution.

He listened to an attorney who he hired to tell him how to keep Joe Biden from moving into “his” house. It’s not the people’s house to DJT. The people fired him and he had to be out by Jan 20.

Eastman then under contract, originated by Trump, devised a plan to make it happen. And in that plan, Trump could’ve read the words that end that told him ahead of time that the plan was a break with the law. Became a crime when Trump actually acted on it in many ways but for certain when he pressured Mike Pence to break the law for him.

rwly.23.08.05 #113

Last edited:
ANd then you go onto explain why you think he should spend the rest of his life in prison. LOL
Exactly. ??? WTF! Precise language matters. Trump did not simply just “listen to an attorney” Read the indictment.

Your seditious pouting Rawley #116 over the fate of a man who attempted to disenfranchise my vote in the 2020 election is sad for this country.

Are you in Evangelical? Trump needs to go to hell for eternity for shitting on every single member of “we the people” by taking action that included mob violence to deprive them of their right to have their vote count.

If you live in Arizona, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Nevada, New Mexico, or Georgia, and you voted for Trump, under this Eastman plot to stay in power your vote would have been thrown out as well. He was throwing out the entire state’s votes.

What is wrong with you that you cannot see that? It has nothing to do with “listening to a lawyer”

Last edited:
demklan party
Anyone from the Vietnam War through the Orange Evangelical Jan6 War on multi-racial democracy who thinks The Democratic Party of today is affiliated or in an alliance with the KKK is just plain stupid.

To be one tenth of a brain cell less stupid take your time /read this:

EASTMAN’s …..

Claremont is more than just an interesting case study in the time-worn problem of wannabe tyrants and intellectual subversion to power. What the Hell Happened to the Claremont Institute?
What happened at Claremont is also of serious practical concern for anyone interested in the democratic future of the country.​

Forum List

Back