Las Vegas shooting - a point not yet made

You were fully aware of the fact the shooters in question did not use assault rifles - thus, you lied.
Nope.
Oh... so you were -ignorant- of the fact the shooters in question did not use assault rifles.
Fair enough.
6 out of 10 and with assault style weapons they are more recent.
Ok...
So? What's your point?
That even those assault style weapons are only used in 25% of mass shootings they managed to be used in 6 out of the 10 largest mass shootings
That's a "fact" not a "point".
You know, like "you were -ignorant- of the fact the shooters in question did not use assault rifles" is a fact.

Fact:
Assault style weapons are only used in 25% of mass shootings they managed to be used in 6 out of the 10 largest mass shootings
So what?
(Hint: Here's where you make your point)

You were fully aware of the fact the shooters in question did not use assault rifles - thus, you lied.
Nope.
Oh... so you were -ignorant- of the fact the shooters in question did not use assault rifles.
Fair enough.
Ok...
So? What's your point?
That even those assault style weapons are only used in 25% of mass shootings they managed to be used in 6 out of the 10 largest mass shootings

Fact:
Assault style weapons are only used in 25% of mass shootings they managed to be used in 6 out of the 10 largest mass shootings
So what?

The point is pretty obvious. Assault style weapons create more casualties than other types of weapons, so why lie about it?

Las Vegas and something like 7 out of the 10 biggest mass shootings.
None of these shootings involved an assault rifle.
That aside - what's your point?

These?

1. Route 91 Harvest music festival, Las Vegas, October 2, 2017: 59 killed, 526 injured. - assault rifle
  2. Pulse, Orlando, Fla., June 2016: 49 killed and more than 50 injured. - assault rifle
  3. Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, Va., April 2007: 32 killed and 17 injured on campus.
  4. Sandy Hook Elementary School, Newtown, Conn., December 2012: 26 killed. - assault rifle
  5. First Baptist Church, Sutherland Springs, Texas, November 2017: 26 killed. - assault rifle
  6. Luby's Cafeteria, Killeen, Texas, October 1991: 23 killed.
  7. Walmart, El Paso, Texas, August 3, 2019: At least 22 killed, 26 injured. - assault rifle
  8. McDonald's, San Ysdiro, Calif., July 1984: 21 killed.
  9. Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, Parkland, Fla., February 2018: 17 killed. - assault rifle
  10. University of Texas Tower, Austin, Texas, August 1966: 16 killed around campus.
6 out of 10. I wonder what that number looks like post Columbine.

Pulse...gun free zone, the police did not enter......

Sandy Hook....gun free zone, the police did not enter before the killer killed himself.

Sutherland Springs.....26 lives saved when an NRA instructor with his own AR-15 rifle stopped the killer and eventually held him for police....

Stoneman, Douglas....gun free zone...the police did not enter.

Walmart, Texas...no one with a gun confronted the shooter....Texas church shooting, the killing was stopped in 6 seconds.

We could go on....but the one thing they all have in common.....gun free zones.....and the killing didn't stop till people with guns showed up......

Again.....18 million AR-15s in private hands.... 6 of them used over a 6 year period......average 2 a year.............

Ladders kill 300 people a year......bicycles over 300 a year...knives over 1,500 a year...

There is no rational argument for what you propose.......

Interesting that you brought up the Texas Tower shooting....do you understand that students at the university used their own rifles, from their cars that they had on campus to pin down the shooter? Saving lives? Do you understand that?

Sorry, most poeple aren't going to carry assault weapons with them. Unless you're advocating that assault weapons and alcohol go together.

Are assault weapons allowed around Trump? Or when your crazy ass wingnuts get up on stage and give a speech? If not, why not?
You don’t have to live in America

You don't have to live in/around Boston either.
I do my rights are mine ., nothing you can do about it

These?

1. Route 91 Harvest music festival, Las Vegas, October 2, 2017: 59 killed, 526 injured. - assault rifle
  2. Pulse, Orlando, Fla., June 2016: 49 killed and more than 50 injured. - assault rifle
  3. Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, Va., April 2007: 32 killed and 17 injured on campus.
  4. Sandy Hook Elementary School, Newtown, Conn., December 2012: 26 killed. - assault rifle
  5. First Baptist Church, Sutherland Springs, Texas, November 2017: 26 killed. - assault rifle
  7. Walmart, El Paso, Texas, August 3, 2019: At least 22 killed, 26 injured. - assault rifle
  9. Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, Parkland, Fla., February 2018: 17 killed. - assault rifle
  10. University of Texas Tower, Austin, Texas, August 1966: 16 killed around campus.

Sandy Hook....gun free zone, the police did not enter before the killer killed himself.

Sutherland Springs.....26 lives saved when an NRA instructor with his own AR-15 rifle stopped the killer and eventually held him for police....

Walmart, Texas...no one with a gun confronted the shooter....Texas church shooting, the killing was stopped in 6 seconds.

We could go on....but the one thing they all have in common.....gun free zones.....and the killing didn't stop till people with guns showed up......

Again.....18 million AR-15s in private hands.... 6 of them used over a 6 year period......average 2 a year.............

Ladders kill 300 people a year......bicycles over 300 a year...knives over 1,500 a year...

Interesting that you brought up the Texas Tower shooting....do you understand that students at the university used their own rifles, from their cars that they had on campus to pin down the shooter? Saving lives? Do you understand that?

Sorry, most poeple aren't going to carry assault weapons with them. Unless you're advocating that assault weapons and alcohol go together.

Are assault weapons allowed around Trump? Or when your crazy ass wingnuts get up on stage and give a speech? If not, why not?

Hey, same here. Thanks for running through that quick exercise, I hope you learned something.

Nope.
Fair enough.
Ok...
So? What's your point?

Fact:
So what?
The point is pretty obvious. Assault style weapons create more casualties than other types of weapons...
No weapon creates a casualty; they are USED to create casualties.
Second. 'casualty' means dead and wounded; you have not in any way demonstrated the number of total casualties associated with 'assault weapons..

Kind and benevolent as I am, I will thusly correct your errors with this statement of fact:
'Assault weapons' are used to kill more people in the 10 deadliest mass shootings than any other weapon.
I ask: So what?

Hey, same here. Thanks for running through that quick exercise, I hope you learned something.
We have a right to carry guns,, if you don’t like it leave.. you won’t like the end results

Fair enough.
Ok...
So? What's your point?

Fact:
So what?
The point is pretty obvious. Assault style weapons create more casualties than other types of weapons...
No weapon creates a casualty; they are USED to create casualties.
Second. 'casualty' means dead and wounded; you have not in any way demonstrated the number of total casualties associated with 'assault weapons..

I have. I posted a link that since Columbine assault style weapons are used in 25% of mass shooting yet are responsible for 40% of those killed and 69% wounded. In other words causalities, duh.

Kind and benevolent as I am, I will thusly correct your errors with this statement of fact:
'Assault weapons' are used to kill more people in the 10 deadliest mass shootings than any other weapon.
I ask: So what?

Actually that's not what I said.

Anyway, if none of this matters then why are you contesting any of it? You have the other idiot comparing ladders to guns, why? If it doesn't matter then just be honest about it. Instead of playing semantics.

These?

And your deflection is noted........

Each one of the shootings you listed with rifles? Could have been done with pistols. The only exception is Las Vegas where the shooter was firing over 400 yards from the target. So your point falls apart...again.

18 million AR-15 rifles in private hands....and ladders kill more people every single year than AR-15 rifles do.......bicycles kill more people than AR-15 rifles do...every single year.....

Bicycles are nice...but that doesn't change how many people they kill........
What a retarded deflection. :cuckoo:

people accidentally fall off of ladders so let's ignore all the people murdered by lunatics with AR-15's

It's impossible to have a conversation with people like this. It's excuses, deflection and more excuses.

You need to learn this concept...because you show a complete mastery of it....

Psychological projection - Wikipedia

Psychological projection is a defence mechanism in which the human ego defends itself against unconscious impulses or qualities (both positive and negative) by denying their existence in themselves while attributing them to others.[1]

I know. I fixed your multitude of errors.
I ask again: So what?
\

Nope, everything I said was accurate. You actually changed the meaning to some sort of claim I never made.

Why? To be honest that assault style weapons are more deadly than other types of guns so that when people debate gun issues they are being honest. That's why.

And your deflection is noted........

Each one of the shootings you listed with rifles? Could have been done with pistols. The only exception is Las Vegas where the shooter was firing over 400 yards from the target. So your point falls apart...again.

18 million AR-15 rifles in private hands....and ladders kill more people every single year than AR-15 rifles do.......bicycles kill more people than AR-15 rifles do...every single year.....

Bicycles are nice...but that doesn't change how many people they kill........
What a retarded deflection. :cuckoo:

people accidentally fall off of ladders so let's ignore all the people murdered by lunatics with AR-15's

It's impossible to have a conversation with people like this. It's excuses, deflection and more excuses.

You need to learn this concept...because you show a complete mastery of it....

Psychological projection - Wikipedia

Psychological projection is a defence mechanism in which the human ego defends itself against unconscious impulses or qualities (both positive and negative) by denying their existence in themselves while attributing them to others.[1]

^That's called a deflection. And no, you're not mastering it.

Nope.
Fair enough.
Ok...
So? What's your point?

Fact:
So what?

The point is pretty obvious. Assault style weapons create more casualties than other types of weapons, so why lie about it?

They don't.....as you have been shown over and over again. The shootings you listed where they used rifles would have resulted in the same number of deaths if they had used pistols instead of the rifle. The only exception is Vegas because of the long distance of the shooting. Had the shooter gone in on foot with pistols, he could have had just as many casualties......

It is the location the shooter picks that creates the deaths.......since he can substitute pistols or shotguns for a rifle.

\

Nope, everything I said was accurate. You actually changed the meaning to some sort of claim I never made.

Why? To be honest that assault style weapons are more deadly than other types of guns so that when people debate gun issues they are being honest. That's why.

First.....none of the weapons you listed are "Assault Weapons," so you aren't even addressing the topic..... and the rifles used are not "more deadly," than pistols or shotguns. How deadly a weapon is depends on who they are used against and the location....... 2 pistols in Virginia Tech killed 32 people....the rifle you want banned killed only 3 at Gilroy......location, not the rifle, is the main determinant of deaths.

Fair enough.
Ok...
So? What's your point?

Fact:
So what?

They don't.....as you have been shown over and over again. The shootings you listed where they used rifles would have resulted in the same number of deaths if they had used pistols instead of the rifle. The only exception is Vegas because of the long distance of the shooting. Had the shooter gone in on foot with pistols, he could have had just as many casualties......

Then how come since Columbine assault style weapons have been used in 25% of mass shootings yet responsible for 40% of those killed and 69% of those injuried? And no, you have not demonstrated anything.

It is the location the shooter picks that creates the deaths.......since he can substitute pistols or shotguns for a rifle.

Again, mass shootings where an assault style weapon is used averages out more casualties.

\

First.....none of the weapons you listed are "Assault Weapons," so you aren't even addressing the topic..... and the rifles used are not "more deadly," than pistols or shotguns. How deadly a weapon is depends on who they are used against and the location....... 2 pistols in Virginia Tech killed 32 people....the rifle you want banned killed only 3 at Gilroy......location, not the rifle, is the main determinant of deaths.

These assault style weapons when used in mass shootings average out more killed and wounded. I'm sorry you can't reconcile that.

\

These assault style weapons when used in mass shootings average out more killed and wounded.
So?

Fair enough.
Ok...
So? What's your point?

Fact:
So what?

Then how come since Columbine assault style weapons have been used in 25% of mass shootings yet responsible for 40% of those killed and 69% of those killed? And no, you have not demonstrated anything.

Again, mass shootings where an assault style weapon is used averages out more casualties.

You don't even know what you are talking about.....Columbine did not use AR-15s.......they didn't even use rifles.

Notice.....

Columbine High School massacre - Wikipedia

Guns
In the months prior to the attacks, Harris and Klebold acquired two 9 mm firearms and two 12-gauge shotguns. Harris had a Hi-Point 995 Carbine with thirteen 10-round magazines and a Savage-Springfield 67H pump-action shotgun. Klebold used a 9×19mm Intratec TEC-9 semi-automatic handgun with one 52-, one 32-, and one 28-round magazine and a Stevens 311D double-barreled shotgun. Harris's shotgun was sawed-off to around 26 inches (0.66 m) and Klebold shortened his shotgun's length to 23 inches (0.58 m), a felony under the National Firearms Act.[53][54]

Forum List

Back