Las Vegas shooting - a point not yet made

They are trying to focus on mass public shootings because they want to ban AR-15s....
Correct.
They know the only way they can advance their agenda is to prey on the emotions of the ignorant.

I don't really have an agenda other than a real, better background check system. I'm not for an assault weapons ban as I think we're beyond that now. So, save the agendas for someone else.

What background check system do you want....

Keeping in mind that the current, mandatory, federal background check system is ignored by criminals...who use straw buyers who can pass any background check...or they steal their guns......and those who do mass public shootings can pass background checks.....or the government screws up.......

A better collaborative system between states and the federal government, get rid of gun show/private sale loop holes and more inclusive of mental health issues.

Nothing is perfect, better is always better.

There is no loophole.....and the mass shooters you complain about didn't go to gun shows.....they went through background checks...

The Pulse Night Club shooter went through an extensive background check for his job, and for each gun he owned...he also went through an extensive FBI investigation including 3 interviews with trained FBI interrogators, an undercover approach and a complete background check....he passed all of it...

dittos the Vegas shooter...he passed background checks on all the guns he had......

The real problem that we have isn't mass public shooters..again...73 people killed total in one year.

The problem we have is career criminal felons...who killed over 10,000 people in 2018. The majority of these killers were released on bond or released from prison on short sentences only to kill with illegal guns....that is our problem and background checks won't stop them...since they actually didn't stop them.....

And with the lone exception of Vegas...Pistols killed the more people than rifles have.....32...the most in any shooting that didn't require 400 yard shots......

They are not Assault Style weapons.......and ladders kill more people than all Rifles do......combined......bicycles kill more people every single year than all rifles do......

You have no rational argument...

Per the link I had provided assault style weapons have been used in 25% of all mass shootings yet responsible for 40% of those killed and 69% of those injured. You seem to be incapable of responding to this.

EDIT: Since Columbine

I did respond.....those killed would have been killed had they used pistols or shotguns.......so the rifle isn't the issue...the gun free status of the location....and how long it takes someone to shoot back to stop them is the issue.

Really? GO over every mass shooting since 1999, which were used by assault style weapons and those used with other types and get back to me.
How does the fact 'assault weapons' were used in these shootings negate the claim than other weapons could have been used to the same effect?
Because no other evidence by you guys has been provided except someone claiming that every mass shooting with an assault style weapon since Columbine was only used in a gun free zone.
:21:
How does this disprove the claim that other weapons could have been used to the same effect?
Of those shootings, save for LV, which of them could not have been perpetrated with a pump-action shotgun, to the same degree?
Why?

And with the lone exception of Vegas...Pistols killed the more people than rifles have.....32...the most in any shooting that didn't require 400 yard shots......

They are not Assault Style weapons.......and ladders kill more people than all Rifles do......combined......bicycles kill more people every single year than all rifles do......

Per the link I had provided assault style weapons have been used in 25% of all mass shootings yet responsible for 40% of those killed and 69% of those injured. You seem to be incapable of responding to this.

I did respond.....those killed would have been killed had they used pistols or shotguns.......so the rifle isn't the issue...the gun free status of the location....and how long it takes someone to shoot back to stop them is the issue.

Really? GO over every mass shooting since 1999, which were used by assault style weapons and those used with other types and get back to me.
How does the fact 'assault weapons' were used in these shootings negate the claim than other weapons could have been used to the same effect?

Because no other evidence by you guys has been provided except someone claiming that every mass shooting with an assault style weapon since Columbine was only used in a gun free zone...or something like that, the guy obviously hadn't looked at all those mass shootings that make up the statistics I posted.

Name one of the mass public shootings you listed that was not a gun free zone...that will be faster since all of them were gun free zones.

Do you understand that mass public shooters plan their attacks on average 6 months to two years in advance and choose the locations and times of their attacks? Do you understand that?

Oh, I didn't realize that only assault style weapons were used in gun free zones. BS.

Assault style weapons are used in 25% of mass shootings and responsible for 40% of those killed and 69% of those who are wounded.

I have.....there is one exception...Las Vegas....where the shooter was shooting out to 400 yards...every single other one you listed could have been done with the same number of dead with pistols...as Virginia Tech shows...

Virginia Tech....32 killed.....

You have no point.....

Sandy Hook....26 killed, children, 5 years old, could all have been murdered with pistols.........

Pulse Night Club.....rifle...49...could have been killed with pistols.....gun free zone. The killer walked around the nighclub murdering the wounded because the police didn't go in.........watch the Documentary ACtive shooter...the survivors state he walked around calmly shooting people...it doesn't take a rifle to shoot people in a small night club.....look at the size of the place in that documentary...

Mass shootings since 1999, you're looking at one or two individual shootings yet since 1999 assualt style weapons average out more victims and it's not even close.

Because no other evidence by you guys has been provided except someone claiming that every mass shooting with an assault style weapon since Columbine was only used in a gun free zone.
How does this disprove the claim that other weapons could have been used to the same effect?
Of those shootings, save for LV, which of them could not have been perpetrated with a pump-action shotgun, to the same degree?
Why?

Now he is starting to stumble....he can't explain his argument rationally......so now he is fumbling around...

I have.....there is one exception...Las Vegas....where the shooter was shooting out to 400 yards...every single other one you listed could have been done with the same number of dead with pistols...as Virginia Tech shows...

Virginia Tech....32 killed.....

You have no point.....

Sandy Hook....26 killed, children, 5 years old, could all have been murdered with pistols.........

Pulse Night Club.....rifle...49...could have been killed with pistols.....gun free zone. The killer walked around the nighclub murdering the wounded because the police didn't go in.........watch the Documentary ACtive shooter...the survivors state he walked around calmly shooting people...it doesn't take a rifle to shoot people in a small night club.....look at the size of the place in that documentary...

Mass shootings since 1999, you're looking at one or two individual shootings yet since 1999 assualt style weapons average out more victims and it's not even close.

Nope.....as I stated....all of them could have been done with pistols and shotguns to the same death rate.....except for one, the Vegas Shooting which happened over 400 yards......

Name one of the ones you listed that wasn't a gun free zone.........

Because no other evidence by you guys has been provided except someone claiming that every mass shooting with an assault style weapon since Columbine was only used in a gun free zone...or something like that, the guy obviously hadn't looked at all those mass shootings that make up the statistics I posted.

Name one of the mass public shootings you listed that was not a gun free zone...that will be faster since all of them were gun free zones.

No, we're not talking about a single shooting. You want to prove a point? Then look at all the shootings and you tell me.

Do you understand that mass public shooters plan their attacks on average 6 months to two years in advance and choose the locations and times of their attacks? Do you understand that?

Maybe they do, maybe they don't. What I don't see is you providing anything more than an opinion or cherry picking individual shootings.

Why?

Now he is starting to stumble....he can't explain his argument rationally......so now he is fumbling around...

Not in the slightest.

No, we're not talking about a single shooting. You want to prove a point? Then look at all the shootings and you tell me.

Maybe they do, maybe they don't. What I don't see is you providing anything more than an opinion or cherry picking individual shootings.

Not cherry picking...... stating ....... almost all mass public shootings happen in gun free zones...except for the ones targeting police....like the Dallas shooting.......

You made a short list......those shootings you yourself listed all happened in gun free zones...now that you are changing the direction of the discussion.

Tell ya' what. If you want to look at every mass shooting since 1999 which is from the same stats that I got from the article and figure out which ones were in gun free zones and which ones weren't then be my guest. But up until now you've not provided anything and this is going nowhere.

I guess it sucks 2Aguy when you don't have that wall of "facts" that you usually post from some less than honest sources like you usually do, now all you seem to be able to argue is your personal opinion which doesn't carry any weight.

Stop wasting my time.

Tell ya' what. If you want to look at every mass shooting since 1999 which is from the same stats that I got from the article and figure out which ones were in gun free zones and which ones weren't then be my guest. But up until now you've not provided anything and this is going nowhere.

I guess it sucks 2Aguy when you don't have that wall of "facts" that you usually post from some less than honest sources like you usually do, now all you seem to be able to argue is your personal opinion which doesn't carry any weight.

Stop wasting my time.

You are stuck...... These mass public shootings happen in gun free zones....now that you have changed the topic......

The sources I post are from the Centers for Disease Control, the FBI and Mother Jones....where you can find a list of all mass public shootings since 1981 as defined as mass public shootings by the FBI standard.......

You have failed and now go to the left wing attack mode....

Says the guy who does not have a point

But, since you want to look at ALL the shootings:
From 1982 thru 2019, 'assault weapons' accounted for 401 mass shooting deaths; handguns accounted for 430 such deaths.
This works out to 10.55 (45.16%) and 11.32 (48.42%) deaths per year, respectively.
Most mass shootings are perpretrated with, and most people who die in a mass shooting are killed with, handguns.

[Q

When shooters use AR style weapons they kill and injure more. .

Where the hell did you come up with that silliness?

Only about 1% of all gunshot deaths are caused by AR-15 or other firearms that the Moon Bats call "assault weapons".

The great majority of gun deaths are caused by cheap handguns shot by druggies, gangbangers and minority thugs in Democrat controlled big city shitholes.

Mass shootings, if you've been paying attention you'd know that.

Mass public shootings in 2019....10. 73 killed total.

Mass public shootings in 2018....12. 93 killed total.

Ladders kill over 300 every single year.

Bicycles kill over 300 every single year.

Cars kill over 38,000 every single year and a rental truck, in one attack, killed 86 and wounded 435.

Not matter how nice ladders, bicycles and trucks are, you can't ignore how many people they kill every single year......
You're still persisting with this idiocy??

How many people fired an AR-15 in 2019?

How many people climbed a ladder in 2019?

[Q

Only about 1% of all gunshot deaths are caused by AR-15 or other firearms that the Moon Bats call "assault weapons".

The great majority of gun deaths are caused by cheap handguns shot by druggies, gangbangers and minority thugs in Democrat controlled big city shitholes.

Cars kill over 38,000 every single year and a rental truck, in one attack, killed 86 and wounded 435.

Not matter how nice ladders, bicycles and trucks are, you can't ignore how many people they kill every single year......

Yeah, this is the kind of shit that qualifies as an argument in wingnut world. It's silly.

[Q

Total number of people killed in mass public shootings all gun types.....73. (2019)

Total number of people killed on ladders....300.

18 million guns, 4 used illegally in 2019.......you want to ban them all.

So...according to your logic, those 300 deaths, which outnumber all rifle killings, means we need to ban ladders.

That is your logic, not mine.

[Q

Total number of people killed in mass public shootings all gun types.....73. (2019)

So...according to your logic, those 300 deaths, which outnumber all rifle killings, means we need to ban ladders.

No, you clearly own this one, loon.

[Q

Nope, my logic is nothing like that. Aside from the fact that you ran away from answering my questions, there is a world of difference between assuming the risks of voluntarily climbing a ladder, with involuntarily being murdered by a nut with a weapon designed to kill.

[Q

No, you clearly own this one, loon.

Can you answer this question for me?

There are about 1.5 million swimming pools in the US. Typically in a year about a thousand people die in drownings in backyard swimming pools.

I have a swimming pool.

There are about 18 million AR-15s in the US.

In a typical year less than 100 people are killed by AR-15s.

I have 30 AR-15s.

The question: What is more likely to cause a death, my swimming pool or my AR-15s?

It is not a trick question.

Forum List

Back