Lamar Jackson

Couchpotato

Platinum Member
Mar 2, 2021
Just saw a video of him at practice today. He had a pronounced limp and was clearly experiencing some pain with it.

I hope they dont rush him back. Not because Im a Pittsburgh fan and want to beat them next week, but because Im a Pittsburgh fan that recognizes generational talent when I see it and look forward to playing him and the Ravens for years to come. Dude's a stud. If there's even a slight chance of doing lasting damage to his body dont risk it. The team is already missing a bunch of it's key pieces to the puzzle and is only in the position it's in with regards to the playoffs because of LJ's superman play. Its not like he's 40 and doesn't have a ton of years ahead of him.

I agree. The careers of running QBs have been a few years at most. RG3 was the saddest example of that.
The difference with Lamar Jackson is he gets better every year. He ID's a weakness and improves on it. Even though he had crazy success early he's been progressing his game which is what makes him special IMO.

Just saw a video of him at practice today. He had a pronounced limp and was clearly experiencing some pain with it.

I hope they dont rush him back. Not because Im a Pittsburgh fan and want to beat them next week, but because Im a Pittsburgh fan that recognizes generational talent when I see it and look forward to playing him and the Ravens for years to come. Dude's a stud. If there's even a slight chance of doing lasting damage to his body dont risk it. The team is already missing a bunch of it's key pieces to the puzzle and is only in the position it's in with regards to the playoffs because of LJ's superman play. Its not like he's 40 and doesn't have a ton of years ahead of him.
Running QBs.....a good reason to cut 3 games from the schedule.
Many players can't make it thru a full season anymore because they aren't allowed the time to heal.
I think if they're going to play 17 games they need to expand the practice squad to 30 players.

Running QBs.....a good reason to cut 3 games from the schedule.
Many players can't make it thru a full season anymore because they aren't allowed the time to heal.
I think if they're going to play 17 games they need to expand the practice squad to 30 players.

I dont think he got hurt running the ball. He was hurt in the pocket if Im not mistaken. And he's more than a "running QB" he's not Michael Vick or RGIII. I would argue he's a much faster more athletic Steve Young. He was just outside the top 10 for yds (before his injury) and completes 65% of his passes. Now he's a ridiculous threat with is feet but I wouldnt consider him a running QB as much as a QB who can run if he needs to.

I dont think he got hurt running the ball. He was hurt in the pocket if Im not mistaken. And he's more than a "running QB" he's not Michael Vick or RGIII. I would argue he's a much faster more athletic Steve Young. He was just outside the top 10 for yds (before his injury) and completes 65% of his passes. Now he's a ridiculous threat with is feet but I wouldnt consider him a running QB as much as a QB who can run if he needs to.

He's a running QB.
When you get as many yards as he does running the ball....he's a running QB.
Steve Young started out as a running QB....until he learned how to read NFL defenses at SF.
Oh, and every game is an opportunity for injury.
If they had played only 14 games....or had games were he could sit while his substitute goes in and wins anyway like in college...he probably wouldn't be hurt.

I hope they dont rush him back. Not because Im a Pittsburgh fan and want to beat them next week, but because Im a Pittsburgh fan that recognizes generational talent

Sucks to be you! I'm a Steeler fan, too, and they could put a trained pig in as Raven's QB and they would still beat the Steelers! They will be very lucky not to end up 7-9-1. I recognize talent and there is very little to be found in Pittsburgh these days.

We should have chucked this rapist bum about 4-5 years ago--
ohhhhhhhh.0.gif
if not back in 2006 when he drove his face into a windshield, and right after him, take this other piece of garbage with him--

20131110_pjc_al8_406.0.jpg
along with Matt Canada the idiot no-offense coordinator, Kendrick Green, Hassenauer, Dionte Johnson, Trai Turner, and Devin Bush, to name a few.

These bums have made the Steelers a record setting laughing stock worst team in all of football history since about 1940. I only tune into the games these days just to witness the comedy and to wonder just how bad Tomlin's bunch of unprepared boobs can really be! I expect the Browns to handily beat them by the end of the 1st quarter, and if Jackson still can't play in two weeks, then maybe Lamar can send in his son to trounce the feckless Pittsburgh Stinkers.

Last edited:
Sucks to be you! I'm a Steeler fan, too, and they could put a trained pig in as Raven's QB and they would still beat the Steelers! They will be very lucky not to end up 7-9-1. I recognize talent and there is very little to be found in Pittsburgh these days.

We should have chucked this rapist bum about 4-5 years ago-- View attachment 581168 if not back in 2006 when he drove his face into a windshield, and right after him, take this other piece of garbage with him--

View attachment 581169 along with Matt Canada the idiot no-offense coordinator, Kendrick Green, Hassenauer, Dionte Johnson, Trai Turner, and Devin Bush, to name a few.

These bums have made the Steelers a record setting laughing stock worst team in all of football history since about 1940. I only tune into the games these days just to witness the comedy and to wonder just how bad Tomlin's bunch of unprepared boobs can be! I expect the Browns to handily beat them by the end of the 1st quarter, and if Jackson still cvan't play in two weeks, then masybe Lamar can send in his son to trounce the feckless Pittsburgh Stinkers.
They probably will get Pitt QB Kenny Puckett and they need to hire a new coach.

They probably will get Pitt QB Kenny Puckett and they need to hire a new coach.

I don't think they stand a chance of getting Pickett, they either won't have the brains and will either try to stick with Ben or Rudolph another year, or Pickett will be gone grabbed up by another team before they have a chance.

And just what was the point of getting rid of their old OL coach for Canada anyway if they were going to run the same tired offense anyway?

I would be SHOCKED if they let Tomlin go, but I'd laugh if he too left for a college job. Tomlin is obviously incapable of motivating a team or getting them prepared, he has no control, they don't respect him, you don't come out week after week playing that bad w/o there being something seriously wrong in the front officer, but I have my doubts about Rooney, too.

Steeler fans are screwed. Who would've thought LAST YEAR would be seen as the "good old days?" It might be time to call Devlin Hodges back into service!

I don't think they stand a chance of getting Pickett, they either won't have the brains and will either try to stick with Ben or Rudolph another year, or Pickett will be gone grabbed up by another team before they have a chance.

And just what was the point of getting rid of their old OL coach for Canada anyway if they were going to run the same tired offense anyway?

I would be SHOCKED if they let Tomlin go, but I'd laugh if he too left for a college job. Tomlin is obviously incapable of motivating a team or getting them prepared, he has no control, they don't respect him, you don't come out week after week playing that bad w/o there being something seriously wrong in the front officer, but I have my doubts about Rooney, too.

Steeler fans are screwed. Who would've thought LAST YEAR would be seen as the "good old days?" It might be time to call Devlin Hodges back into service!
At least Pittsburgh doesn't have owners like the Chargers.

He's a running QB.
When you get as many yards as he does running the ball....he's a running QB.
Steve Young started out as a running QB....until he learned how to read NFL defenses at SF.
Oh, and every game is an opportunity for injury.
If they had played only 14 games....or had games were he could sit while his substitute goes in and wins anyway like in college...he probably wouldn't be hurt.
That’s fine but QBs don’t sit out games. Whether there are 14 or 17 I don’t think they would have sat him. How many games a year does Brady or Rodgers sot out?

What is a Lamar Jackson?

and why should we care?

Forum List

Back