Browns got hosed on Xmas Day

The_Lyrical_Miracle

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2021
Merry Christmas Green Bay.

Clear pass interference on that play that led to an interception.

What happened previously in the game means absolute zilch.

BS.

Sure... and the three interceptions that came before that?
Look, Baker Mayfield has talent. But he makes terrible decisions.
He's Drew Bledsoe and Jeff George. Cannon for an arm. 10 cent head. :)

Sure... and the three interceptions that came before that?
Look, Baker Mayfield has talent. But he makes terrible decisions.
He's Drew Bledsoe and Jeff George. Cannon for an arm. 10 cent head. :)

Of course, none of that has any relevance in regards to the play I'm talking about.

Was Peoples-Jones held back when he ran his up and in or not?

Of course, none of that has any relevance in regards to the play I'm talking about.

Was Peoples-Jones held back when he ran his up and in or not?
It doesn't matter. Mayfield threw three interceptions before that play. It should have never come down to that play.
You get those calls going against you sometimes. That's the way it works. Sometimes, the officials..just let them play.
But that play isn't the reason they lost.

It doesn't matter. Mayfield threw three interceptions before that play. It should have never come down to that play.
You get those calls going against you sometimes. That's the way it works. Sometimes, the officials..just let them play.
But that play isn't the reason they lost.
I'm sorry, I must have missed the rule that said if you throw 3 interceptions, the rules change as far as pass interference goes.

Can you point that out to me in the rule book? Geez... get a grip dude.

Sure and it probably should have been called. Doesn’t change the fact that the Browns as usual are a dumpster fire and in last place.
We have our issues, disappointing as they are. But, that last sentence of yours has no relevance to this discussion at all.

I'm sorry, I must have missed the rule that said if you throw 3 interceptions, the rules change as far as pass interference goes.

Again, sometimes, they don't call it. If Mayfield makes better decisions and DOESN'T throw three interceptions, do you think they could have won the game?
I know they could have. Life in the big city. They didn't call it.

Again, sometimes, they don't call it. If Mayfield makes better decisions and DOESN'T throw three interceptions, do you think they could have won the game?
I know they could have. Life in the big city. They didn't call it.
Well, you're bringing in the vague generalities into it, which avoids the direct subject matter.

I mean, if any team gives up a point but is screwed all game by the refs out of 5 different TD plays, you could be there and say "Welp, if you didn't give up that one point, you could've won.. so.. it's on YOU"

It's a very eye-rolling thing to say on your part. Almost comical.

There are missed calls in every game. Some worse than others. If youre depending on the refs to get a call to win games……

Well, you're bringing in the vague generalities into it, which avoids the direct subject matter.

I mean, if any team gives up a point but is screwed all game by the refs out of 5 different TD plays, you could be there and say "Welp, if you didn't give up that one point, you could've won.. so.. it's on YOU"

It's a very eye-rolling thing to say on your part. Almost comical.
It doesn't matter what I think happened. The officials didn't call it. Happens.
Mayfield makes bad decisions. And it ultimately cost the Browns the game.

I don't revel in any team getting screwed...except for the Steelers, Ravens, and Cowboys.
The Browns are just a hapless mess led by a bunch stat nerds trying to introduce analytics into football.

It's not a generality. Whining about a non call..is just whining. They lost. And Mayfield was the chief reason.

There are missed calls in every game. Some worse than others. If youre depending on the refs to get a call to win games……
Nobody is depending on anything, but in close games, ref calls can easily trump player effort and skill.

The refs F over teams many times every year. This was just one of those times. Stop stroking the refs and just admit they hosed us.

Forum List

Back