Lady Tennis Screechers

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
I was happy to notice, in the U.S. Open semifinal matches, that neither of the two teenagers who will meet in the Final is a screecher. And their various opponents in the run-up to the final - highly ranked women - were almost all profound screechers.

I hope this is the end of an era.

Contrats to L. Fernandez and E. Raducanu. It should be an entertaining final.

I was happy to notice, in the U.S. Open semifinal matches, that neither of the two teenagers who will meet in the Final is a screecher. And their various opponents in the run-up to the final - highly ranked women - were almost all profound screechers.

It is a shame though that women cannot compete at the level of men. They want to same pay but wont play the best out of 5 sets, only 3 because if they do have to play longer then the women start cramping up and crying....like women....

I would change the rules in women' tennis. Women's sport in general, need a drastic overhaul.

If the wimmin-folk switched to no-ad scoring in Majors, they might could play 5 sets.

People liked Naomi until they got to know her. There is nothing to like.

If the wimmin-folk switched to no-ad scoring in Majors, they might could play 5 sets.

People liked Naomi until they got to know her. There is nothing to like.
I hate no-ad scoring. I see it sometimes in mixed doubles and for the senior tours. Takes away so much drama of an extended deuce game.

One of the best "wimmin-folk" matches was Steffi Graf vs. Aranxta Sanchez-Vicario at the finals of the Championships of Wimbledon 1995 with an epic 13 deuces/32 point game at 5-all in the third and final set.

I don't like it because I can't tell what they sound like at climax anymore

I believe that for a time some people coaching girls encouraged the grunting, thinking that it was like karate or something. But it was always stupid and counterproductive, not to mention irritating to hear.

Martina N once suggested on air that the screaming would stop immediately if they deducted a point for it. It serves no purpose.

When I was younger the wimmens game was mostly hairy legged butch lezbos. Chrissie was about the first tennis spanking material ever

Now it is time to watch a Brit and Canook. So nice not to see that fat roided up bitch around

God forbid a proper lady grunting eh Loon? :rolleyes:

WOW!!!!!! THE ONLY MONDAY MORNING QUALIFIER TO EVER WIN A GS

THIS IS A BIG FUKIN DEAL!!!!........GO ENGLAND......I LOVE YOU VIRGINIA WADE

Was the field compromised? Did the Covid factor result in a tainted result? The next few years will tell the story.

Was the field compromised? Did the Covid factor result in a tainted result? The next few years will tell the story.
The only women's player I am aware that had tested positive for Covid-19 was 2020 Australian Open Champion and #5 in the world (before the US Open) Sofia Kenin (USA), who was reportedly vaccinated. Kenin hadn't played since Wimbledon as she has been dealing with a foot injury.

Both Raducanu and Fernandez played very well and defeated everybody in their path including top notch players. They deserve everything they accomplished.

It is a shame though that women cannot compete at the level of men. They want to same pay but wont play the best out of 5 sets, only 3 because if they do have to play longer then the women start cramping up and crying....like women....
Women’s points usually last longer than men’s, making a five-setter much longer. I don’t think TV would allow it. As for making as much as men, if they’re bringing in the fans, they deserve it. BTW, best of 5 is only for the majors.

Any data to support your claim that women's points last longer than men's?

The 5-set idea was dropped for women because after the first 2 or 3 sets it simply became a battle of attrition, as both players were physically worn out.

The theory is - hold on to your hat - men are stronger and have more stamina! I know it's a shocker, but there it is.

Any data to support your claim that women's points last longer than men's?

The 5-set idea was dropped for women because after the first 2 or 3 sets it simply became a battle of attrition, as both players were physically worn out.

The theory is - hold on to your hat - men are stronger and have more stamina! I know it's a shocker, but there it is.
It’s easy enough to count strokes. After years of watching, it’s obvious.

Forum List

Back