LaDainian Tomlinson's incredible, inspiring and patriotic NFL Hall of Fame Speech

deanrd

Gold Member
May 8, 2017

Someone standing up and reminding us what this country is all about.

A few quotes from an amazing and inspiring speech:

"My name began with the man who owned my great-great-great grandfather. Now it’s proudly carried by me, my children, my extended family. People stop me on the street because they know me as L.T. the football player, but after football, people have begun to recognize me as LaDanian Tomlinson, not simply for what I did as a football player but for who I am as a man. The family legacy that began in such a cruel way has given birth to generations of successful, caring Tomlinsons."

"I firmly believe that God chose me to help bring two races together under one last name: Tomlinson. I’m of mixed race, and I represent America. My story is America’s story. All our ancestors, unless we’re American Indian, came from another country, another culture. Football is a microcosm of America. All races, religions and creeds living, playing, competing side by side."

"America is the land of opportunity. Let's not slam the door on those who look or sound different from us. Rather, let's open it wide for those who believe in themselves. ... I'm being inducted into the Hall of Fame because my athletic ability created an opportunity for me to excel in the sport I love. When we open the door for others to compete, we fulfill the promise of one under, under God, with liberty and justice for all."

"On America’s team, let’s not choose to be against one another. Let’s choose to be for one another. My great-great-great grandfather had no choice. We have one. I pray we dedicate ourselves to be the best team we can be, working and living together, representing the highest ideals of mankind, leading the way for all nations to follow."

"One of the most eloquent orators of all time said it best in his farewell address. Paraphrasing and humbly building upon what President Obama said, we all have to try harder, show up, dive in and stay at it. I am asking you to believe in your ability to bring about change. To hold fast in the idea whispered by slaves. 'Yes, we can.' "

--------------------

One wonders what a certain political party that stands against everything he said thinks about what he said. When their children listen to something this inspiring from a sports hero and contrast it with their message of hate and exclusion, what will they think?

Someone standing up and reminding us what this country is all about.

A few quotes from an amazing and inspiring speech:

"My name began with the man who owned my great-great-great grandfather. Now it’s proudly carried by me, my children, my extended family. People stop me on the street because they know me as L.T. the football player, but after football, people have begun to recognize me as LaDanian Tomlinson, not simply for what I did as a football player but for who I am as a man. The family legacy that began in such a cruel way has given birth to generations of successful, caring Tomlinsons."

"I firmly believe that God chose me to help bring two races together under one last name: Tomlinson. I’m of mixed race, and I represent America. My story is America’s story. All our ancestors, unless we’re American Indian, came from another country, another culture. Football is a microcosm of America. All races, religions and creeds living, playing, competing side by side."

"America is the land of opportunity. Let's not slam the door on those who look or sound different from us. Rather, let's open it wide for those who believe in themselves. ... I'm being inducted into the Hall of Fame because my athletic ability created an opportunity for me to excel in the sport I love. When we open the door for others to compete, we fulfill the promise of one under, under God, with liberty and justice for all."

"On America’s team, let’s not choose to be against one another. Let’s choose to be for one another. My great-great-great grandfather had no choice. We have one. I pray we dedicate ourselves to be the best team we can be, working and living together, representing the highest ideals of mankind, leading the way for all nations to follow."

"One of the most eloquent orators of all time said it best in his farewell address. Paraphrasing and humbly building upon what President Obama said, we all have to try harder, show up, dive in and stay at it. I am asking you to believe in your ability to bring about change. To hold fast in the idea whispered by slaves. 'Yes, we can.' "

--------------------

One wonders what a certain political party that stands against everything he said thinks about what he said. When their children listen to something this inspiring from a sports hero and contrast it with their message of hate and exclusion, what will they think?

No kidding, he believes God chose him? The left hates God! Republicans are skewered for this type of talk. Hopefully the left can get by all that and really see the message that Tomlinson is trying to convey.

This is a shitty OP that somehow is about promoting Barry Soetero. An athlete blabbing about how God chose him to play with a ball is nothing new and not in the least bit inspiring to me.

and if he would have said the same thing and quoted Reagan you would not have posted this.....
Quote Reagan saying what? (Iran Contra) I didn't know!

An epic fail rdean, try taking some classes before you post. That post is just sad.
it is isnt it.....he knows exactly what i meant,and the best part?.....he knows i was right and there aint a dam thing he can do to convince anyone i was wrong....

and if he would have said the same thing and quoted Reagan you would not have posted this.....
Quote Reagan saying what? (Iran Contra) I didn't know!

Quote the man who tripled the deficit worse than all presidents COMBINED and got America back into wars again,had more people in his administration indicted than any previous president before him, but somehow is considered by many around here as the greatest president of the 20th century?:cuckoo::haha::lmao::rofl:

This guy used to be a guy one of my favorite players but the guy like so many black sheeps in America thinks Obama because of the color of his skin, is the next Martin Luther King even though one is a war mongrel and the other was a patriot for world peace.:rolleyes: Because of that, I have lost all respect for this asshole talking about Barry like he is the best thing in the world.fuck you LT.:up_yours:

Oh and the fact he did not stand up for San DIEGO and say the chargers belong there and not in LA,proves to me as well he is a fucking coward.

Last edited:
Did I just winner an rDean post? Somebody slap me!

:slap:

Eh, upon rereading, I stand by it, even if he did quote Obama. Perhaps LaDanian just doesn't realize how un-American Obama was. That doesn't detract from Ladanian's patrioticness.

Btw, Lawrence Taylor is the original "LT"

That guy was amazing!

Did I just winner an rDean post? Somebody slap me!

:slap:

Eh, upon rereading, I stand by it, even if he did quote Obama. Perhaps LaDanian just doesn't realize how un-American Obama was. That doesn't detract from Ladanian's patrioticness.

Btw, Lawrence Taylor is the original "LT"

That guy was amazing!

I agree with everything you said there other than his patrioticness the fact he was too much a coward to do the right thing and say the chargers belong in san diego,it is a travesty they are in LA. I mean what is the guy afraid of?:rolleyes: the freaking assholeshould stand up for the people that supported him all those years. People like Dan Fouts and other former chargers have come out and said the chargers only belong in san diego.i mean come on stop being a coward already,stand up for the city that drafted you.

Forum List

Back