LA Reporter visits 30 electric vehicle chargers and gets a wake-up call

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
40% of them were broken, long lines at the ones that did work, payment issues abound, and connection issues.

Keep voting dem....Pretty soon the "EV bill of rights" will say you shall provide parking and electricity to anyone who asks....And billet Climate Corps "troops" in your home. ;)

Now do Tesla chargers......Oh wait, the media hates Musk now with a passion.....They would want them to be broke.

Last edited:
40% of them were broken, long lines at the ones that did work, payment issues abound, and connection issues.

Keep voting dem....Pretty soon the "EV bill of rights" will say you shall provide parking and electricity to anyone who asks....And billet Climate Corps "troops in your home. ;)

Now do Tesla chargers......Oh wait, the media hates Musk now with a passion.....They would want them to be broke.

So... there's no greenhouse effect?

Would I be a bad guy if I hooked a chain to one of those charging stations, pulled it up from the ground, and dragged it down the street?

It's not like I have criminal tendencies or anything, but it sounds like it would be fun.

Would I be a bad guy
Sounds as if you already are.
if I hooked a chain to one of those charging stations, pulled it up from the ground, and dragged it down the street?

It's not like I have criminal tendencies or anything, but it sounds like it would be fun.
Would it be as much fun as someone hooking a chain to something of yours and dragging it down the street?

Would I be a bad guy if I hooked a chain to one of those charging stations, pulled it up from the ground, and dragged it down the street?

I suspect similar reasons for the 40% that don't work at all. RWNJs tear shit up when they're pissed, and they seem to be pissed all the time.

Sounds as if you already are.

Would it be as much fun as someone hooking a chain to something of yours and dragging it down the street?

I own nothing that you could hook a chain to and you can be damned sure that what I do own isn't being paid for by your tax money, like those charging stations.

You fuckers with your EVs aren't paying your fair share. You don't pay gasoline taxes like the rest of us do, and you don't pay for upkeep and maintenance on the roads you use.

Keep voting dem....Pretty soon the "EV bill of rights" will say you shall provide parking and electricity to anyone who asks....And billet Climate Corps "troops in your home. ;)

My son that owns a Tesla says it it not unusual to go to a charging station with six chargers and only have one or two of them working.

The other thing is that after a station charges up a couple of vehicles it takes time for it to regain its charging capacity.

This stupid EV technology sucks.

Of course this idiot Potatohead is spending our money to subsidize the stupid charging stations.

Why don't the people that buy the stupid EVs pay for their own chargers? Why should I be taxed to pay for somebody else's charging? Potatohead is a fucking moron, isn't he? I wonder what Democrat donors are going to get filthy rich with the government contracts.

I own nothing that you could hook a chain to and you can be damned sure that what I do own isn't being paid for by your tax money, like those charging stations.

You fuckers with your EVs aren't paying your fair share. You don't pay gasoline taxes like the rest of us do, and you don't pay for upkeep and maintenance on the roads you use.
Didn't Texas pass something to charge their EV drivers so they could help with their share of the highway maintenance? I remember them talking about it, and being a red state, assumed it was a done deal. EV people should be paying their share as those are some heavy vehicles.

Keep voting dem....Pretty soon the "EV bill of rights" will say you shall provide parking and electricity to anyone who asks....And billet Climate Corps "troops" in your home. ;)

Ah... predictable surprises.

So... there's no greenhouse effect?
What about all that extra tire remnants they put on the road....At twice the rate of a like sized ICE vehicle?

It a damn wonder their tires are not subsidized seeing how they have to replace them so often.

They're increasing the tax on EV's for just that reason.

They're increasing the tax on EV's for just that reason.

When the dems held total sway they made a law where a economy vehicle (23.7 mpg and under) and a EV is taxed extra at registration time.

Electric car owners are required to pay a yearly highway fee on top of the standard vehicle registration fees. The use fee is 85 percent of the taxes paid on the fuel used by a vehicle with an EPA fuel economy rating of 23.7 mpg combined.

It's costing me $12.00 extra for my KIA Soul over my 4X4 F-150 at registration time.....Isn't that a kick in the head?

It just goes to show when dems and taxes are involved nobody gets a free ride.

Didn't Texas pass something to charge their EV drivers so they could help with their share of the highway maintenance? I remember them talking about it, and being a red state, assumed it was a done deal. EV people should be paying their share as those are some heavy vehicles.
Yes, they should.

Or just end the government subsidies, so that would-be EV drivers have to pay the market price just like ICE drivers do. That would put an end to the problem, as EV's would go the way of the Edsel.

Yes, they should.

Or just end the government subsidies, so that would-be EV drivers have to pay the market price just like ICE drivers do. That would put an end to the problem, as EV's would go the way of the Edsel.
I thought it was a done deal down there. I don't know what any other states are doing, but I remember an article about you guys, I think, last year.

I thought it was a done deal down there. I don't know what any other states are doing, but I remember an article about you guys, I think, last year.
Here is something from Sept this year but does not mention Texas.

Contrary to a tax incentive, 24 states impose a higher annual vehicle registration fee for EVs and some hybrid vehicles to help offset forgone gas tax revenue. These fees range from $50 in Hawaii and South Dakota to $200 in Ohio, West Virginia, and Wyoming.
Another response by states to backfill reductions in gas tax collections has been to implement a tax on EV charging stations. Six recent state laws targeting EV charging stations include the following:
  • Georgia will require stations to track kilowatt-hour usage and collect a tax for every 11 kilowatt-hours (effective January 2025).
  • Iowa imposes a $0.026 per kilowatt-hour tax on public EV charging stations (effective July 2023).
  • Kentucky will impose a tax of $0.03 per kilowatt hour on electric vehicle power distributed by an electric power dealer (effective January 2024).
  • Montana imposes a tax of $0.03 per kilowatt hour or its equivalent on electric current from public electric vehicle charging stations (effective July 2023). Public charging stations already in operation have until July 2025 to install meters to collect the tax. To relieve the tax burden on in-state electric vehicle owners, B. 55 reduces electric vehicle registration fees by 30 percent starting in 2028.
  • Oklahoma will implement an electric vehicle charging tax (effective November 1, 2023).
  • Utah imposes a tax on retail sales of electric current from electric vehicle charging stations (enacted March 2023). How Are Electric Vehicles Taxed in Your State?

Don’t worry, a truck with diesel generators will be along any minute to charge em up!

Forum List

Back