Kurt Russell in "Miracle"

Skeptic1959

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2020
I just finished watching "Miracle" with Kurt Russell and if you have not seen the movie...SEE IT!

It was a breath of fresh air to recall how pride once existed in this country and the movie will bring that out in you. If you don't get choked up with pride after watching this then you never had any pride in the U.S.A.

But now it's unfortunate that with all the immigration and loss of the feeling of American nationality that exists in this country as well as all the other bullshit that takes the headlines and rules our every day life, pride left the building a long time ago. The Olympics don't mean shit anymore but 40 years ago? "The Miracle on Ice" was an amazing afternoon. We will NEVER experience anything like that again.

It's a shame because being American simply does not feel like being American ANYMORE. :mad:

I just finished watching "Miracle" with Kurt Russell and if you have not seen the movie...SEE IT!

It was a breath of fresh air to recall how pride once existed in this country and the movie will bring that out in you. If you don't get choked up with pride after watching this then you never had any pride in the U.S.A.

But now it's unfortunate that with all the immigration and loss of the feeling of American nationality that exists in this country as well as all the other bullshit that takes the headlines and rules our every day life, pride left the building a long time ago. The Olympics don't mean shit anymore but 40 years ago? "The Miracle on Ice" was an amazing afternoon. We will NEVER experience anything like that again.

It's a shame because being American simply does not feel like being American ANYMORE. :mad:
Now you know how American's felt when your immigrant family came over. They didn't like it. They wanted them to go back to where they came from.

Kurt Russell is great in everything he does. Please don't tell me he's a conservative. I could see that. Even if he is, he's still a great actor. One of the best if you ask me. Big Trouble in Little China. Gilligans Island. Escape from NY. Quinton Tarrintino movies. What can't he do?

It is funny you mentioned that.

I was watching the series "For All Mankind" on Apple TV.

The premise of the series is an alternate history where the Soviets beat the US to the Moon.

It was about the US feeling like loosers when they heard the news but working hard to regain pride.

Kind of like when the Soviets beat us at basketball (our game) in the Olympics and then we went back and beat them at their game (hockey).

Eruzione is a good old fashioned American name. Rah rah Americans!!

I believe there was a difference with early immigration. Those who came to Ellis Island and such came with good intentions. That's not the case anymore.

The premise of the series is an alternate history where the Soviets beat the US to the Moon.

It was about the US feeling like loosers when they heard the news but working hard to regain pride.

Kind of like when the Soviets beat us at basketball (our game) in the Olympics and then we went back and beat them at their game (hockey).
I saw that 1972 basketball game and to this day it still PISSES ME OFF!

He played a pretty good Santa too.

Basketball was invented by a Canadian. James Naismith was Canadian. Sorry.

just like "Capricorn One" FAKE moon landing.

I believe there was a difference with early immigration. Those who came to Ellis Island and such came with good intentions. That's not the case anymore.

Coming to work jobs "American's won't do" isn't having good intentions?

If they come over and register as an American legally it's hard to have a problem with that. But when they cross the border and fail to take the legal route to becoming an American and immediately become criminals or get on welfare right away or are given unemployment? That's a problem. I've had plenty of friends from other countries but they wanted to be American and be a legal U.S. citizen.

If they come over and register as an American legally it's hard to have a problem with that. But when they cross the border and fail to take the legal route to becoming an American and immediately become criminals or get on welfare right away or are given unemployment? That's a problem. I've had plenty of friends from other countries but they wanted to be American and be a legal U.S. citizen.

Businesses say they are a valuable asset to the performance of their businesses. They do NOT get welfare or unemployment.

Businesses say they are a valuable asset to the performance of their businesses. They do NOT get welfare or unemployment.
I say you better do some research, there are plenty of illegals getting the benefits of both...and the research how many crimes and murders have been committed by illegals. It will make you sick

I say you better do some research, there are plenty of illegals getting the benefits of both...and the research how many crimes and murders have been committed by illegals. It will make you sick
and that's my last comment on that! I started this thread with intentions of saying how much pride there was 40 years ago but not today

No they aren't. If there was any research to be found you would have posted it. I'm not interested in links from Stormfront either.

just like "Capricorn One" FAKE moon landing.

Mars.

As for Miracle, not only do I own the movie and have watched it numerous times, I remember watching that game live on television.

Did you know that Buzz Schneider is portrayed by his son, Billy Schneider? The director and casting director didn't know until after they cast him as his father.

The movie is considered one of the accurate depictions of true events, including the dialogue, to be put on film.

You just now saw this movie? Wow I saw it at the theaters when it first came out. The one thing they did not touch on in the film was I forget who it was but they had another team from a differerent country as well that they faced after this game who they played and the coach told the players when they were celebrating after the win Guys you haven’t won anything yet,we still got to face our next foe coming up,if we don’t win that game,this victory means nothing,you have not won anything yet,we have some hard work ahead of us to do and need to beat our next foe before getting excited about tonight’s win.if you don’t beat our next foe,this win means nothing.

they of course went on and did win that game as well.

Forum List

Back