Know any "good" rap?

MaryL

Gold Member
Reaction score
I was recently censured for being obvious. I am not urging people to murder or burn down cities. Nope. Just criticizing an "art form" Rap.. They constantly use the N word. Am I being nicy nicy enough?
"X-Is Coming"
DMX
"Man, if we was up north, niggas would have been fucked you/But then we in the streets, niggas should haven been stuck you/Plucked you like a chicken wit' your head cut off/They'll find you wit' your back open and your legs cut off/And as for your man, don't you ever in your mothafuckin' life/Know when I gotta gun come at me wit' a knife, a'ight?/And forgetting you ever saw me is the best thing to do/Don't give a fuck about your family, they'll be restin...yadda yadda yadda.
get the point. Nobody is trolling anyone, this is REAL and its very popular.

Last edited:

Rambunctious

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I've heard good rap and hip hop songs...is it on a par with other forms of music...no...but some is very listenable...if a tune makes you want to get up and dance I call it successful....words to me in songs are like blah blah blah....I like the beat.....

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Well, Will Smith when he was singing had several excellent rap songs, one of my favorite was Switch.

Rap when it first started in the 70's was a pretty decent art form. After the 90's is when they started going all ghetto with it. I've heard some of the newer rap, and I consider much of it to be unlistenable. I don't want to hear about killing and raping, or destroying things.

And..................not all rap is done by black people.

Last edited:
OP
MaryL

MaryL

Gold Member
Reaction score
I love moderators, I like cops for the same reason. Rap dehumanizes people and drives anger. Carl Jung had something about the Id and Self destruction, we have so much beauty in the world and people want to hear this garbage.

OP
MaryL

MaryL

Gold Member
Reaction score
I am not hearing Death metal pushing dental hygiene or car adds. How did rap become so popular? Artless and soulless, How did rap become some popular?

MarcATL

Gold Member
Reaction score
I am not hearing Death metal pushing dental hygiene or car adds. How did rap become so popular? Artless and soulless, How did rap become some popular?
Post the lyrics to those dental hygiene or car adds then, let's see what all the fuss is about.

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Probably because of the efforts of groups like The Sugarhill Gang, and Will Smith. When it comes to rap by those 2, I very much like their songs.

Switch is one of my favorites by Will Smith, and it's all about partying and having a good time. No destruction, no hate, and it has a pretty good beat you can dance to.

And Apache by the Sugarhill Gang is pretty good as well.

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Rap is comparable to cockroaches talking.
Depends on the era that the song came from, as well as which group or artist is doing the singing. Will Smith became famous as a rapper before he became a big time movie star, and his songs are pretty decent.

OP
MaryL

MaryL

Gold Member
Reaction score
Literally, when I get censured for mentioning the vile, repellent verbiage rap artists use, you know something is wrong. I don't blame the moderators, not at all. I am still here...

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Literally, when I get censured for mentioning the vile, repellent verbiage rap artists use, you know something is wrong. I don't blame the moderators, not at all. I am still here...
Hey Mary, post 11 has the video "Switch" by Will Smith. I urge you to listen to it, as you may find it's a pretty decent tune. (And yes, I'm a white boy from Montana, now living in Texas, and there are some rap songs I really enjoy.)

Disir

Gold Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

Whodatsaywhodat.

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was recently censured for being obvious. I am not urging people to murder or burn down cities. Nope. Just criticizing an "art form" Rap.. They constantly use the N word. Am I being nicy nicy enough?
"X-Is Coming"
DMX
"Man, if we was up north, niggas would have been fucked you/But then we in the streets, niggas should haven been stuck you/Plucked you like a chicken wit' your head cut off/They'll find you wit' your back open and your legs cut off/And as for your man, don't you ever in your mothafuckin' life/Know when I gotta gun come at me wit' a knife, a'ight?/And forgetting you ever saw me is the best thing to do/Don't give a fuck about your family, they'll be restin...yadda yadda yadda.
get the point. Nobody is trolling anyone, this is REAL and its very popular.
The original rapper .

Disir

Gold Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List