Kissing Black History Month

rcfieldz

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2014
U.S.A.
KISSING BLACK HISTORY MONTH...goodbye.
I am sorry but I am a caucasian male born by immigrants( both my grandparents came to America) and I don't get all the African American heritage stuff that is pushed upon the populous when there is nothing said or a month dedicated to the American Indians. We all hear and know about Cinco de Mayo. Also nothing is much said about the other Americans whose heritage and blood,sweat and tears has helped form the country that is the United States of America today.

What's wrong with Black History Month? I certainly agree that Native Americans should receive more national recognition. Columbus Day should be a day of national disgrace - because he was an evil bastard.

QUOTE="Lakhota, post: 10908777, member: 31132"]What's wrong with Black History Month? I certainly agree that Native Americans should receive more national recognition. Columbus Day should be a day of national disgrace - because he was an evil bastard.[/QUOTE]
BHM is just another way to teach stupid ignorant uneducated blacks their heritage. The rest of Americans don't have a month designated for their heritage is what I am saying. The country has too many days off for this and that and if your from the part of the country where I reside it brings more fear by young restless youths looking for trouble when this time of year comes and the events that transpire.

QUOTE="Lakhota, post: 10908777, member: 31132"]What's wrong with Black History Month? I certainly agree that Native Americans should receive more national recognition. Columbus Day should be a day of national disgrace - because he was an evil bastard.
BHM is just another way to teach stupid ignorant uneducated blacks their heritage. The rest of Americans don't have a month designated for their heritage is what I am saying. The country has too many days off for this and that and if your from the part of the country where I reside it brings more fear by young restless youths looking for trouble when this time of year comes and the events that transpire.[/QUOTE]
Just think of it as national looting month.

Since whites celebrate the Cherokee with Elvis imitators, Chuck Norris jokes and many other acts of well deserved homage to their betters I have only one comment about Columbus Day.

If you stop the James Garner reruns I will be so happy. Nice guy and credit to our nation but could you cool it already and hold a Loretta Lynn festival instead?

BHM is just another way to teach stupid ignorant uneducated blacks their heritage. The rest of Americans don't have a month designated for their heritage is what I am saying. The country has too many days off for this and that and if your from the part of the country where I reside it brings more fear by young restless youths looking for trouble when this time of year comes and the events that transpire.

Did you really have to go down into the gutter to make your point? Yes, children of any race tend to be stupid, ignorant and uneducated...thats what makes them children. More importantly, back children need some national focal point with which to identify and learn that people like themselves have accomplished great things. There is a need for Black children and even grown ups to know their history does NOT begin with slavery and end with 2nd class citizenship. With all the negative things attributed to Blacks in general by White statisticians and pundits, those who have no propensity towards crime and violence can look at positive role models and have hope that one day they too sill be remembered in Black History Month for outstanding achievement.

If Christian Blacks make you nervous, its because you haven't made the effort to recognize which Blacks are good and which are thugs. It is easier for people like you to heap them all together and brand them all the enemy!

Did you really have to go down into the gutter to make your point? Yes, children of any race tend to be stupid, ignorant and uneducated...thats what makes them children. More importantly, back children need some national focal point with which to identify and learn that people like themselves have accomplished great things. There is a need for Black children and even grown ups to know their history does NOT begin with slavery and end with 2nd class citizenship. With all the negative things attributed to Blacks in general by White statisticians and pundits, those who have no propensity towards crime and violence can look at positive role models and have hope that one day they too sill be remembered in Black History Month for outstanding achievement.

If Christian Blacks make you nervous, its because you haven't made the effort to recognize which Blacks are good and which are thugs. It is easier for people like you to heap them all together and brand them all the enemy!

Generally I agree with you. There's a lot of nuance involved and much of it comes down to the fact that Asians, Polynesian and Americans are ignored in all this Europe and Africa is all that there is MSM crap.

I am sorry but I am a caucasian male born by immigrants( both my grandparents came to America) and I don't get all the African American heritage stuff that is pushed upon the populous when there is nothing said or a month dedicated to the American Indians. We all hear and know about Cinco de Mayo. Also nothing is much said about the other Americans whose heritage and blood,sweat and tears has helped form the country that is the United States of America today.
Why are people so uneducated? You do realize that BHM exists because Black people pushed for and created it? Carter G Woodson started it off. If other ethnic groups want a month they can do the same thing as Blacks, Latinos, and Asians did and make enough noise for people to feature them. BHM is now primarily a reflection of insistence on creating tradition and the tremendous Black buying power. Businesses recognize that and wish to create goodwill to get the green. If you dont want to hear about it then dont watch TV.

You do realize that BHM exists because Black people pushed for and created it? Carter G Woodson started it off. If other ethnic groups want a month they can do the same thing as Blacks, Latinos, and Asians did and make enough noise for people to feature them. BHM is now primarly a reflection of the tremendous Black buying power. Businesses recognize that and wish to create goodwill to get the green. If you dont want to hear about it then dont watch TV.
Oh I see what you're saying, it's just marketing then. Like Christmas.

You do realize that BHM exists because Black people pushed for and created it? Carter G Woodson started it off. If other ethnic groups want a month they can do the same thing as Blacks, Latinos, and Asians did and make enough noise for people to feature them. BHM is now primarly a reflection of the tremendous Black buying power. Businesses recognize that and wish to create goodwill to get the green. If you dont want to hear about it then dont watch TV.
Oh I see what you're saying, it's just marketing then. Like Christmas.
Exactly. Just like white history except with way more truth.

Indeed. I guess the one that you are rsponding to does not realize that the accomplishments of many Black Americans have been excluded from history books, and their stories are as much a part of history as any other American who has contributed to this nation, and that one month out of twelve months to recognize some of those accomplishments is nothing significant.

Just because BHM is recognized, everything else in terms of world events and history making news does not stop........except to those who resent the event, and are therefore hypersensitive to the mere mention of it.

I am old enough to recall being in school long before there was a Black History Month, which actually started in 1926 as "Negro History Week" and for the next 50 years remained just an obscure week that did not get much attention in the public school system, until it was revised to a month long event in 1976.

What seems odd now is that I attended a predominately black elementary school, in a predominately black neighborhood, which was staffed by a white principal and a predominately white faculty of teachers, yet every month when the teacher would pick a book for the class to read, there were no books discussed about the lives of Frederick Douglas, WEB Bubois or Paul Roberson just to name a few.

Black sports heroes who were discussed, like Jackie Robinson, Jesse Owens and Joe Louis, were referred to as being a "credit to their race" (which at the time was code for, "they stayed in their place") but the first famous black heavyweight champion, Jack Johnson, was never mentioned, nor the race riots that ensued all over America over his audacity for kicking white mens asses in public, or that the Mann Act was signed into law as a way to control him.

Nor was the real story ever told regarding the kind of mental torture(death threats and hate mail) Jackie Robinson encountered when he first entered major league baseball.

We certainly did get the romanticized, made up versions that Columbus discovered America, and "befriended the savage Indians, and that "Lincoln was a great humanitarian who freed the slaves", and that "Babe Ruth was the greatest baseball player in history" (even though he played in a segregated league"......lol.

Last edited:
Finally, snow is beginning to melt in some areas so, it appears that the slime beneath the rocks is resurfacing.

Indeed. I guess the one that you are rsponding to does not realize that the accomplishments of many Black Americans have been excluded from history books, and their stories are as much a part of history as any other American who has contributed to this nation, and that one month out of twelve months to recognize some of those accomplishments is nothing significant.

Just because BHM is recognized, everything else in terms of world events and history making news does not stop........except to those who resent the event, and are therefore hypersensitive to the mere mention of it.

I am old enough to recall being in school long before there was a Black History Month, which actually started in 1926 as "Negro History Week" and for the next 50 years remained just an obscure week that did not get much attention in the public school system, until it was revised to a month long event in 1976.

What seems odd now is that I attended a predominately black elementary school, in a predominately black neighborhood, which was staffed by a white principal and a predominately white faculty of teachers, yet every month when the teacher would pick a book for the class to read, there were no books discussed about the lives of Frederick Douglas, WEB Bubois or Paul Roberson just to name a few.

Black sports heroes who were discussed, like Jackie Robinson, Jesse Owens and Joe Louis, were referred to as being a "credit to their race" (which at the time was code for, "they stayed in their place") but the first famous black heavyweight champion, Jack Johnson, was never mentioned, nor the race riots that ensued all over America over his audacity for kicking white mens asses in public, or that the Mann Act was signed into law as a way to control him.

Nor was the real story ever told regarding the kind of mental torture(death threats and hate mail) Jackie Robinson encountered when he first entered major league baseball.

We certainly did get the romanticized, made up versions that Columbus discovered America, and "befriended the savage Indians, and that "Lincoln was a great humanitarian who freed the slaves", and that "Babe Ruth was the greatest baseball player in history" (even though he played in a segregated league"......lol.
From a week to a month, to the presidency,..What's next?

From a week to a month, to the presidency,..What's next?
A remedial course in word association for you.

November is American Indain Hertiage Month and was signed into law in 1990 by G. H.W Bush. Just sayin...

November is American Indain Hertiage Month and was signed into law in 1990 by G. H.W Bush. Just sayin...
Thank you for pointing that out. Maybe it deserves it's own thread.

What's wrong with Black History Month? I certainly agree that Native Americans should receive more national recognition. Columbus Day should be a day of national disgrace - because he was an evil bastard.

Native Americans have 2 although it isn't a National Holiday.

2013 2014 2015
Native American Day Sep 27 Sep 26 Sep 25
Native American Heritage Day Nov 29 Nov 28 Nov 27

Forum List

Back